Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Favorite character quotes

OP Vitoamiibo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I need a weapon

sums up the whole franchise
I need a weapon. Still gives me chills watching that trailer
I need a weapon

Didn't knew that Halo 2 had a TV trailer. Damn.
I need a weapon

Didn't knew that Halo 2 had a TV trailer. Damn.
And old school classic. Absolutely love the trailer
Dear Humanity... We regret being alien -Yoinks!-. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet! --- sgt avery Johnson
Not bad spartan I could see that explosion from orbit. --- shipmaster (Halo 3)
"Tanks beat everything"
And they truly does.
"I bet you can't stick it"
- Cortana, Halo 2 E3 2004 Gameplay trailer
"Before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine." -- Cortana, Halo 4

"Chief, I think it was just trying to surrender." -- Marine to Masterchief, while he's shooting a fleeing Grunt

"You like games? So do I." -- Cortana during the level "Gravemind" in Halo 3

Cortana: "What if you miss?"
Masterchief: "I won't." -- Halo 2

"But you had something the others didn't... Can you guess?

Luck." -- Cortana, Halo 3
Tsxki wrote:
My favorite is the UNSC
That isn't a line. That's a faction... Do you understand the goal of this thread?
"Your Prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence. But you will find no salvation on this ring. Those who built this place knew what they wrought. Do not mistake their intent or all will perish as they did before."
Damn, that writing is so good
cripto5555 wrote:
"Don't make a girl a promise you know you can't keep."
-Cortana
thats not even the quote
The quote is "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it."
ukdork87 wrote:
Tsxki wrote:
My favorite is the UNSC
That isn't a line. That's a faction... Do you understand the goal of this thread?
"Your Prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence. But you will find no salvation on this ring. Those who built this place knew what they wrought. Do not mistake their intent or all will perish as they did before."
Damn, that writing is so good
Agreed :)
"If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you. There is still time to stop the key from turning. But first, it must be found. You will search one likely spot. And you will search another. Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us brothers."
BONUS - Halo 3
"I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine and sing victory everlasting."
"Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness. A father's sins, passed to the son."
"I have defeated fleets of thousands. Consumed a galaxy of flesh and bone and mind."
"Do I take life? Or give it? Who is victim and who is foe."
"Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb, and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved... but you imposed."
My favorite quotes from the Gravemind in Halo 3. Truly poetic, unique and creative <3
Dear Humanity... We regret being alien -Yoinks!-. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet! --- sgt avery Johnson
Oorah!

MIne -

"Do not squander their talents" - Rtas 'Vadumee
My favorites are always Sergeant Johnson's quotes. In all games lol. My favorite is when Cortana says, "thanks for the tank.. he never gets me anything" and then Johnson replies, "Oohh, i know what the ladies like", with that smug smile he gives lmao. Gets me every single time haha
"The parasite's ranks swell as we near the library, steel your nerves we are not turning back."-Spec Ops Sangheili. Always wondered if that wasn't just towards his fellows, but himself too.
"Soon the great journey shall begin.
But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet
and you shall be left behind."

-- Prophet of Truth, Halo 2
"Boo."
Chief, just after Gravemind sent him to find the index.
We led those dumb bugs out to the middle o' nowhere to keep em' from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But we stumbled on somethin' that's so hot for em', they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a--Yoink- machine or a giant hula hoop, we're not going to let em' have it! What we will let em' have is a belly full o' lead, and pool of their own blood to drown in!
Am I right, Marines?
mmm hmm, damn right i am.

Staff sgt avery johnson
Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.
prophet of truth
"Were it so easy"
"For a brick, you flew pretty good."
R.I.P. Sergeant Johnson :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7