I really want to know if anyone else having having issues with their aim or if my controller is busted, or maybe I'm just not used to how Halo Reach feels after being away for so many years. I have tried every aiming speed from setting 1-10, adjusted the acceleration speed and all the rest, but when I tap my right analog stick my crosshairs fly across the screen! The only thing that seems to have worked is wrapping tape around the neck of the analog stick to prevent it from being able to register a full tap so that my crosshairs don't zoom around. And I'm being totally serious, without the tape setting 1 (low) still has me turning 90 degrees in either direction with a single tap. One moment I'll have my crosshairs on an enemy and when I adjust to match their strafe I'll be shooting at 10 feet in front of them. I know I don't suck all that bad because once, and only once did I have an amazing game last week where all of my shots came together and I came out with 22 kills like the good old days. Hopefully I'll put this controller through the drywall and then be forced to experiment on a new controller.
I really want to know if anyone else having having issues with their aim or if my controller is busted, or maybe I'm just not used to how Halo Reach feels after being away for so many years. I have tried every aiming speed from setting 1-10, adjusted the acceleration speed and all the rest, but when I tap my right analog stick my crosshairs fly across the screen! The only thing that seems to have worked is wrapping tape around the neck of the analog stick to prevent it from being able to register a full tap so that my crosshairs don't zoom around. And I'm being totally serious, without the tape setting 1 (low) still has me turning 90 degrees in either direction with a single tap. One moment I'll have my crosshairs on an enemy and when I adjust to match their strafe I'll be shooting at 10 feet in front of them. I know I don't suck all that bad because once, and only once did I have an amazing game last week where all of my shots came together and I came out with 22 kills like the good old days. Hopefully I'll put this controller through the drywall and then be forced to experiment on a new controller.
That's really weird man, I have never experienced that before. I have had lagging games where even my high speed setting, it seemed like speed setting .01 lol, and nothing would connect. It's really weird yours is doing the opposite, and it doesn't seem like it could be a controller issue, as if it was, turning it to speed 1, the game should only allow it to go at that speed. Maybe it's a game issue, if it's a download, maybe try deleting, and reinstalling it, to see if that helps.
I mean there is a difference between setting 1 and 10, but setting 1 is still insanely fast. It feels like there is no middle ground either. I've tried adjusting the "dead zones" to no avail. It's either move the analog stick a micrometer or full blast. Who knows, maybe I just suck now.
I mean there is a difference between setting 1 and 10, but setting 1 is still insanely fast. It feels like there is no middle ground either. I've tried adjusting the "dead zones" to no avail. It's either move the analog stick a micrometer or full blast. Who knows, maybe I just suck now.
Have you checked the acceleration? I’m not sure if the game has acceleration settings but that might be worth looking into.
How old is your controller? Maybe it's busted
Have you tried switching between modern and classic aiming as well?
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
I've tried everything. I have now turned everything down to the lowest setting and it still feels like it's on 5. It's got to be the tension on the thumb stick or something. Owell, just gonna cancel live instead.
I've tried everything. I have now turned everything down to the lowest setting and it still feels like it's on 5. It's got to be the tension on the thumb stick or something. Owell, just gonna cancel live instead.
There's a small fire contained to inside the oven in the kitchen. Let's tear down the house so it gets put out.
There's a small fire contained to inside the oven in the kitchen. Let's tear down the house so it gets put out.
Sooo, that almost happened to me in minecraft 2 days ago xD
Maybe check the controller settings on your Xbox via the accessories app? Might have something in there the could help. It might also be your controller where the thumbsticks would get sticky.