Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

File Share Halo Reach; How to transfer onto MCC

OP Reese Ghost

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Yo how do I get my custom games and maps onto the master chief collection. Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure it’s too late now unfortunately. They did a one time transfer of all halo reach, 3, and 4 maps and game modes from 360 over to Mcc back in august and they said they would only do this transfer once.
Well that’s just dumb because so many people like me asked that and a lot of people DIDN'T have their maps transferred. What kinda bologna is that?
Well that’s just dumb because so many people like me asked that and a lot of people DIDN'T have their maps transferred. What kinda bologna is that?
They announced it in advance at the beginning of august hoping that people like yourself would see it and move the maps/game types that you wanted onto the file share. The actual transfers happened Mid August for game types and at the end of August for maps. If you missed the announcement, you missed your chance at this point.

Maybe they'll do it again since the MCC has really blown up with the launch of Reach across Xbox and PC, but seeing as they originally announced it as a one-time only thing, I kind of doubt it.
They announced it in advance at the beginning of august hoping that people like yourself would see it and move the maps/game types that you wanted onto the file share. The actual transfers happened Mid August for game types and at the end of August for maps. If you missed the announcement, you missed your chance at this point.

Maybe they'll do it again since the MCC has really blown up with the launch of Reach across Xbox and PC, but seeing as they originally announced it as a one-time only thing, I kind of doubt it.
Well people like myself already knew that but I already see the problem it’s not me. In fact, 343 dialed back forge worlds boundaries. See I had a map made on the coastline (ocean) right next to the island right? This is 360 of course but on MCC I am no longer able to go as far. Nor as high. Which is quite disappointing. So because of the boundaries, the map is totally unplayable and useless.
Yep I knew this kind of thing would happen, 343 NEEDS to do another transfer session in the future if people missed the first time around getting files on there fileshare or if they have more maps/gametypes to transfer that was on local storage (which in my opinion was difficult to know this unless you kept up with the Halo twitter or on Waypoint here). There wasn't alot of fanfare about the first one happening.
I had a full Reach fileshare and they only transferred like 9 items from it.
I also had a full reach fileshare and only 3 things transferred? ):
I put my maps on my file share at the I the time I was supposed to and they still didn't transfer. What's up with that?
I didn't find out about the file transfer until September when it was too late - d'oh! It wasn't very well advertised imo.
There's two maps I'd love to have for Reach MCC that were never in my file share :(
I certainly hope 343 will offer to transfer files again now that Reach has actually been released & people know they missed out.
I didn't find out about the file transfer until September when it was too late - d'oh! It wasn't very well advertised imo.
There's two maps I'd love to have for Reach MCC that were never in my file share :(
I certainly hope 343 will offer to transfer files again now that Reach has actually been released & people know they missed out.
It’s not any of your guys faults. You could’ve even had a few maps made that were already in your File Share that still wouldn’t have transferred because of their dumbed down version of Forge World. I had to completely recreate a map because the original was out in the coastline far from the island. Didn’t carry over because the distance and height of building whatever you wanted, was decreased. Same as a section of structure that was brought down from 84 to 50. You would think because it was next gen Halo Reach they would’ve brought up the budget and added more structure to build with. That sadly was NOT the case.
Is anyone else's files not get transferred at all? I followed all the steps back in August.
Reviewing my custom files I do not think anything actually transferred. To be honest, I mostly used my File Shares for Clips and Images, so I don't think I had anything to transfer over. But if I did a map or gametype in there somewhere, my MCC file count was at maximum, so I think that would have prevented my old files from being saved anyways.

I had to delete a map to create one on Forge World for the achievement.
My maps have not transferred either. No reason or answer provided, they were on my file share and I followed the instructions leading up to the migration.
Dumb question, how do I access my fileshare in the MCC for Reach? I've got two maps in my fileshare I'd love to load into the MCC.
Don't know how to upload still but this helped tremendously for finding all of the great custom games that everyone played:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BX6V17ZWzqI2elsQurQ9XjFQa4tI8S9sUZfqb9NEEb8/edit#gid=1260675830

This is where I found all of the most favorite/old school game modes/map variants from every Halo from Reach/CE and all of the way to 4. Definitely helped me find favorites from Halo Reach's Halo Speed/Crash-Up-Derby to Halo 3's original Trash Compactor, along with all of the Gamer Tags to find them off of! Unfortunately, like most say, it's too late to transfer your own game modes/map variants now, but if you had popular ones, this is where to find them, and this list has A LOT of the old game mods/map variants we all loved.

KEEP THE CUSTOM GAMES GOING!
I did the Xbox360 thing of uploading the files to mcc via xbox360 file share in the storage section but idk what i did with it idk if i did it correctly or not but i didnt get my reach game mode and maps that i put so much work into and now they are gone. Please can someone explain to me what i did wrong and can someone help me get my maps from xbox360 to pc MCC.
I did the Xbox360 thing of uploading the files to mcc via xbox360 file share in the storage section but idk what i did with it idk if i did it correctly or not but i didnt get my reach game mode and maps that i put so much work into and now they are gone. Please can someone explain to me what i did wrong and can someone help me get my maps from xbox360 to pc MCC.
We were only able to transfer the 360 content to PC during the official transfer period so you won't be able to do it anymore.
Appreciate all the replies. But man 343 made this lame. Wish this were simple. I just want to play custom games on my Xbox. Everyone on PC is having the time of their life by just using a simple mod lol, meanwhile the 3, or 4, probably 3, people that are working on MCC forge updates are taking their time.
Appreciate all the replies. But man 343 made this lame. Wish this were simple. I just want to play custom games on my Xbox. Everyone on PC is having the time of their life by just using a simple mod lol, meanwhile the 3, or 4, probably 3, people that are working on MCC forge updates are taking their time.
Hey man it took others being nosy to find out that the maps were in my Shared Files, the reason you couldn't see them is because they're not downloaded to your machine if you did migrate them. I found out that also any map I downloaded on console was not downloaded on PC and I would have to do it again. This is just a change from the cloud based saved maps in Halo 5 is all, otherwise I would look there in your Shared files!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2