Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Firefight - Something Strange

OP OakleyFuturama2

Hello all,

I still can’t figure out what happens yesterday. I started a game of Firefight: Reach. It loaded and for some reason, all covenant enemies were friendly? I was 100% UNSC, even had the voice, everything as normal.

As I shot the grants, it kept saying “betrayal” and they just would not fight me? I took a video of it, but I was the completely thrown off.

I looked around for the entire 15 minutes, there were only covenant enemies. I could only get them to shoot me if I shot them, then they became non-aggressive and showed as friendly on the radar again.

I still can’t figure it out. After that game, the next one was fine, same game type, level and setup, everything.

I feel like an idiot for posting this but, has this happens to anyone else?
I'd love to see this video please.
Its on my profile on Xbox Live. It’s pretty funny.
What you see on the video is me shooting the passive grunts, who eventually decide to shoot back. That only lasted for a few seconds and then they went back to being friendly.

The enemy vehicles were all shooting out of the map. I wish someone else would have seen it, it was very funny!
Looks like something didn't load properly since they're all standing still. Interesting vid though.

Link
That's really weird and really interesting. I hope I can get into a game like that one time just to see what it's like first hand.
That's really weird and really interesting. I hope I can get into a game like that one time just to see what it's like first hand.
It was really funny to play.
Were you playing sniperfight alone?
Great bug 😀👍
Were you playing sniperfight alone?
Great bug 😀👍
Oh, yeah I think I was. In all my years of playing that had never happened before. I was trying to figure out what I had done in my set-up…lol
I solved it. After watching the video via a site called Xbox Clips (Link to the clip), you were on the Blue team. The Red team in firefight is for Spartans and Blue is for Elites. The reason they were your allies is because they literally were your allies.
Hello all,

I still can’t figure out what happens yesterday. I started a game of Firefight: Reach. It loaded and for some reason, all covenant enemies were friendly? I was 100% UNSC, even had the voice, everything as normal.

As I shot the grants, it kept saying “betrayal” and they just would not fight me? I took a video of it, but I was the completely thrown off.

I looked around for the entire 15 minutes, there were only covenant enemies. I could only get them to shoot me if I shot them, then they became non-aggressive and showed as friendly on the radar again.

I still can’t figure it out. After that game, the next one was fine, same game type, level and setup, everything.

I solved it. After watching the video via a site called Xbox Clips (Link to the clip), you were on the Blue team. The Red team in firefight is for Spartans and Blue is for Elites. The reason they were your allies is because they literally were your allies.
^This is exactly what happened. As mentioned, in firefight red is for spartans and blue is for elites. If you have friends you can do a firefight were some are elites and some are spartans and you fight against each other. Halo Reach has always had this feature, it's not a bug. When you started your own custom firefight session you were on the blue team.

While it is true the red team is usually the default team you get, if you were playing for instance forge or custom games where you were on blue team (and did not change your teams back), then when you selected the custom firefight lobby you still would have been on the blue team.
Hello all,

^This is exactly what happened. As mentioned, in firefight red is for spartans and blue is for elites. If you have friends you can do a firefight were some are elites and some are spartans and you fight against each other. Halo Reach has always had this feature, it's not a bug. When you started your own custom firefight session you were on the blue team.

While it is true the red team is usually the default team you get, if you were playing for instance forge or custom games where you were on blue team (and did not change your teams back), then when you selected the custom firefight lobby you still would have been on the blue team.
They claimed that their character spawned fully UNSC.
(Despite it clearly being an elite in the clip)
See, you've actually single handedly ended the human covenant war. You're the peace maker. You've done your job.