Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Firefight team killing and reputation exploiting

OP Uncle Donald117

I was playing firefight matchmaking ODST with my friend and we were put into a game where someone just kept intentionally killing themselves Over and over again until we had no lives left and they team killed us 3 normal people. We were obviously pretty mad at this jerk and reported them to Xbox. Their reputation said needs work. Next game, still ODST matchmaking firefight we get put into the same game as this person again and they do the same thing and when there’s no lives left they rocket launch us all and end the game. Third game, we are not put with them but I check to see their reputation and it says avoid me the lowest category. I think it’s all good and Xbox does it’s job. ONE HOUR later I check their reputation since I’m curious and they are now back in needs work. Can someone explain how and if they are hacking the system?
Gee, man. That stinks. I've encountered people who've done the same thing, but I've been lucky as to not encounter them as often.
I'm not familiar with how the reputation system works, but all I can say is you've done all you can do. Best wait a while and hope you don't encounter that low-life again.
It’s great how Xbox has a reputation system that largely works very well, but not so great that no games really use it properly. GTA V seems to be the only game I know of which confines trash in their own lobby. Would love it if Xbox exclusives took advantage of this system, at the very least.
I've had a couple games where there's just one teammate that kills themselves till we have no lives, and I actually managed to win a game like this lmao. But this needs to be addressed, it gets really annoying.
I’ve had a couple lobbies where my teammates have poor reputation. It tells me that even reporting a player doesn’t really do much unless they get banned somehow. AFAIK you can only get banned in the MCC for AFKing or quitting.
Yeh know what you mean. I have seen this type of behaviour before often and the report system never works since I've been in games where players would keep showing up in about 4-5 games in a row...all I can suggest is take a break or play a different playlist since that usually works for me when trying to avoid certain players.
How do you look at a persons reputation?
I’ve had a couple lobbies where my teammates have poor reputation. It tells me that even reporting a player doesn’t really do much unless they get banned somehow. AFAIK you can only get banned in the MCC for AFKing or quitting.
Player reporting and reputation is for Xbox live at large not MCC. It is entirely separate from any specific game. So yes that is the only way to get banned on MCC.

reporting can lead to blanket bans on Xbox live completely though.
Hey OP, really sorry you had to deal with this. Until 343 have in-game support for report players, you can file reports against players over on the Halo Support site. Any screenshots or video clips you have are helpful for the team investigating! https://aka.ms/HaloSupport