Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Fix Original Halo 3 Shoulder Armour

OP Mochi Kaeru

The original shoulder armour for Halo 3 has been broken since the new techsuits were implemented. The shoulders are not positioned correctly on the new model, and part of the shoulder armour that was previously meshed and hidden now juts out awkwardly. Toggling back to the old models fixes it, but obviously this is not possible if you want to combine old and new armour.

It has been months. Is it ever going to be fixed?
Dude, I was to see that thing that you've mentioned, but I don't see any broken position of the shoulder armour model dude
It depends which shoulder pieces you pick. Security and Hayabusa for example are a little off, but cover the part where it juts out at the back of the arm. It is probably most visible on CQB, which leaves the shoulder completely uncovered.

It doesn't just seem to be visible in the customisation menu, either. It affects in-game models too.
Scout shoulders are the most egregious example of this. I agree OP, would love to see them fix the meshes for the original shoulders so they are less awkward looking, but I have a feeling this is something that isn’t much priority to the team. In game it’s less noticeable because Spartans always have their arms raised.
Here are some screenshots with the problem circled for anyone unsure what I am talking about.
Customisation Model
In-game model
If you do not see this in your game with cosmetics enabled I would be really interested to see screenshots.
Here are some screenshots with the problem circled for anyone unsure what I am talking about.

Customisation ModelIn-game modelIf you do not see this in your game with cosmetics enabled I would be really interested to see screenshots.
Error 401 its giving me for the links.
Dude, I was to see that thing that you've mentioned, but I don't see any broken position of the shoulder armour model dude
look at the scout shoulder pieces, there is a stupid wide gape to where the piece is supposed to be connected but with the new models they practically just look like a bad texturing job.

this shows how the armor used to be, the old models used to make more sense since its a whole suit that is locked together but now its just a crappy job of placing the armors back on the new models, earlier the feet had these weird gaps as well making it look like crap and really poorly designed.

And the texturing works dont match too, its so jarring since both styles clash
Customisation ModelIn-game modelIf you do not see this in your game with cosmetics enabled I would be really interested to see screenshots.
Error 401 its giving me for the links.
Sorry, I used a different hosting site. They should be visible now.

These are just a couple of examples with the CQB and Scout shoulders. All of the original Halo 3 shoulder permutations are somewhat out of position compared to how they originally appeared, though not all leave the highlighted outcropping on display.

Presumably this change was made so that both old and new shoulders would be in the same position on the new player model. Hopefully it can be offset and readjusted for the original set of shoulders.