1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I want to know if its possible to make a forfeit option for players who are not having fun in matches. Players may quit a match if they're continously being spawn killed or from other similar annoyances. I recently been getting matches where I could not even "allowed" to respawn & play. That's why ask if its possible to have a forfeit option for players who want to leave the matches they're not having fun in.
I want to know if its possible to make a forfeit option for players who are not having fun in matches. Players may quit a match if they're continously being spawn killed or from other similar annoyances. I recently been getting matches where I could not even "allowed" to respawn & play. That's why ask if its possible to have a forfeit option for players who want to leave the matches they're not having fun in.
You can actually quit the game from the pause menu.
I'm assuming the OP means an option to leave the match without having to quit and being faced with a ban.
I wouldn't want a forfeit option. It would turn into league of legends where players give up in the first 5 kills of a game every game. If players could forfeit any time all the time their definition of ' not fun' would be whenever they get outplayed by the competition.
kjbart wrote:
I'm assuming the OP means an option to leave the match without having to quit and being faced with a ban.
Not only would that be abused, but it'd render the option with punishments pointless. I guarantee you that you'd never finish a match with a full team.
kjbart wrote:
Not only would that be abused, but it'd render the option with punishments pointless. I guarantee you that you'd never finish a match with a full team.
Itd be a pop up where if a player is being singled out or if the player keeps getting very -Yoink- matches. This assuming that this is a decent player. If the match is 0 - 50 out of 100 why stay if you know that you've lost from the start. And you're saying that spawn killing the opposing team is ok, being spawn killed is one reason why i leave some matches. For me it's the consistency of being spawn killed.
kjbart wrote:
Itd be a pop up where if a player is being singled out or if the player keeps getting very -Yoink- matches. This assuming that this is a decent player. If the match is 0 - 50 out of 100 why stay if you know that you've lost from the start. And you're saying that spawn killing the opposing team is ok, being spawn killed is one reason why i leave some matches. For me it's the consistency of being spawn killed.
People that spawn kill do so to make you quit. Don’t feed into that.
kjbart wrote:
I'd like for you to quote where I said that it's okay to abuse exploits for easy kills.
Nope.... Finish the match with honor or be banished by the ban hammer... Not having fun try a different match composer setting or a different game all together. That is what I do. I am just now coming back to Halo after some time off for other games.
kjbart wrote:
I wouldn't want a forfeit option. It would turn into league of legends where players give up in the first 5 kills of a game every game. If players could forfeit any time all the time their definition of ' not fun' would be whenever they get outplayed by the competition.
kjbart wrote:
It be for players who are tired of being spawn killed or forced to hide. I rather give up the xp from the match than continue playing against opposing teams who actively spawn kill. Being spawn killed feels like being trapped in an "unescapable box" while the opposing team gets easier wins. I prefer giving the opposing team a false win than stay in their easy win match.
kjbart wrote:
kjbart wrote:
It be for players who are tired of being spawn killed or forced to hide. I rather give up the xp from the match than continue playing against opposing teams who actively spawn kill. Being spawn killed feels like being trapped in an "unescapable box" while the opposing team gets easier wins. I prefer giving the opposing team a false win than stay in their easy win match.
Then what's the issue? Why not quit and accept the punishment?
kjbart wrote:
I'd like for you to quote where I said that it's okay to abuse exploits for easy kills.
Its vibe i got from read your comment. Some people give me that vibe.
kjbart wrote:
Its vibe i got from read your comment. Some people give me that vibe.
Perhaps you shouldn't make baseless accusations in the future?
LethalQ wrote:
Nope.... Finish the match with honor or be banished by the ban hammer... Not having fun try a different match composer setting or a different game all together. That is what I do. I am just now coming back to Halo after some time off for other games.
The are some matches in where ive stayed & took the lose, but there were other matches that I had that weren't worth staying in. I do look for other matches but there's always one player that has some sort of grudge against me.
I just don't understand the whole quit ban being an issue. I never quit out, but even if I did, one 2 min ban after 2 quits, you need more than that!? How often is everyone quitting, to need that much leniency lol? If I play for 6 hours straight, there may be 2 games, if that, that we get completely killed. Now more often than not, probably 5+ games, will be where 1-3 people quit out on my team. Therefore, quitting out is way more of a problem, than getting unfairly matched up/ beat to where it isn't fun.
I don't think the option to forfeit would hurt if every team member (on forfeiting team) had to vote to forfeit in their pause/start menu or something. That way it would have to be something unanimous, and not just because a couple people gave up. Though then there could be abuse issues with teams forfeiting/ending the game early so that the other team can't officially get the W. I think there would need to be some sort stat/XP compensation by the match being cut short for causing another team to forfeit.
I don't think the option to forfeit would hurt if every team member (on forfeiting team) had to vote to forfeit in their pause/start menu or something. That way it would have to be something unanimous, and not just because a couple people gave up. Though then there could be abuse issues with teams forfeiting/ending the game early so that the other team can't officially get the W. I think there would need to be some sort stat/XP compensation by the match being cut short for causing another team to forfeit.
This is how it's supposed to be handled. Not just one player but the full team or the majority of the team have to vote. I would be all for it would also discourage a lot of the crappy behavior in game such as spawn killing/trapping for a whole game.
The forfeit option should be available especially in 2v4 or 1v4 situations, it makes no sense playing in these conditions.
Yes, sometimes I managed to win in 3v4, or 2v4, but most times against competent players, it is a lost cause.
Krom088 wrote:
The forfeit option should be available especially in 2v4 or 1v4 situations, it makes no sense playing in these conditions.
Yes, sometimes I managed to win in 3v4, or 2v4, but most times against competent players, it is a lost cause.
Unless they changed it recently pretty sure if 2 of your teammates have quit you can leave the game with no quit penalty.
LethalQ wrote:
Exactly that. We are not talking Dota match duration here. Games are not that long.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2