I'm putting together a game night of all those classic Halo 3 custom games I grew up with. I used to make my own too. I have quite a few now, but there's one I can't find and one that was my own. I was remaking them both.

The problem is that they both rely on the feature to have things NOT spawn at the start, and spawn later. Setting an item to not spawn at the start is not working. When I restart the round, the item starts on the map. The even bigger issue occurred when trying to restart the whole map. In that case, the item not only starts on the map, but is permanently stuck where it is. It can't be moved, deleted, or otherwise interacted with. It's still physically there though. I.e. it's not just the visual; it can be walked on, and it stops your movement. Physically, it is in the game world.

Does anyone have a fix, or is this just an ongoing issue? I REALLY wanted to play Exodus tonight on Halo 3 and I can't find anyone that has that map. It was more obscure. If any of you know any gamertags that have the sharable map, PLEASE let me know. If you knew it by a different name, it took place under sandbox in long corridors. There was one super slow but heavily shielded alpha zombie. Each new zombie was very weak but much faster. The goal of the humans was to survive until the grav lift spawned at the end of your corridor which was timed to spawn juuust about when the alpha zombie could get to you guys. Each successive corridor had better cover, better weapons, and was more defensible. Then the next grav lift would spawn, and the remaining survivors would go to next better corridor until the end. If anyone has or knows someone that has this map/game type, I'd happily take that over a fix for the glitch.

My other game was my own original that was popular among my friends. It was called parking garage. Humans rushed to the parking garage in vehicles. After 30 seconds, a wood plank would spawn, sealing them in. The zombie spawned with a hornet and had to shoot through the parking garage's openings (you know how they look. Gaps between floors to see right in) and kill everyone. If the humans could survive 3 minutes, one of those lock on missle pod launchers spawned so you could kill the zombie in the hornet. It was super fun. I can't remake it of course because of the don't spawn at start glitch. I wouldn't be able to make the door seal, and I can't make the first 3 minutes not have the rockets. They'd have to be there at the start which defeats the purpose.

Anyway, any help is super appreciated. If you have a fix, know anything about the issue, or know someone with Exodus, I'd very much love to know. Thank you.
I'm putting together a game night of all those classic Halo 3 custom games I grew up with. I used to make my own too. I have quite a few now, but there's one I can't find and one that was my own. I was remaking them both.

The problem is that they both rely on the feature to have things NOT spawn at the start, and spawn later. Setting an item to not spawn at the start is not working. When I restart the round, the item starts on the map. The even bigger issue occurred when trying to restart the whole map. In that case, the item not only starts on the map, but is permanently stuck where it is. It can't be moved, deleted, or otherwise interacted with. It's still physically there though. I.e. it's not just the visual; it can be walked on, and it stops your movement. Physically, it is in the game world.

Does anyone have a fix, or is this just an ongoing issue? I REALLY wanted to play Exodus tonight on Halo 3 and I can't find anyone that has that map. It was more obscure. If any of you know any gamertags that have the sharable map, PLEASE let me know. If you knew it by a different name, it took place under sandbox in long corridors. There was one super slow but heavily shielded alpha zombie. Each new zombie was very weak but much faster. The goal of the humans was to survive until the grav lift spawned at the end of your corridor which was timed to spawn juuust about when the alpha zombie could get to you guys. Each successive corridor had better cover, better weapons, and was more defensible. Then the next grav lift would spawn, and the remaining survivors would go to next better corridor until the end. If anyone has or knows someone that has this map/game type, I'd happily take that over a fix for the glitch.

My other game was my own original that was popular among my friends. It was called parking garage. Humans rushed to the parking garage in vehicles. After 30 seconds, a wood plank would spawn, sealing them in. The zombie spawned with a hornet and had to shoot through the parking garage's openings (you know how they look. Gaps between floors to see right in) and kill everyone. If the humans could survive 3 minutes, one of those lock on missle pod launchers spawned so you could kill the zombie in the hornet. It was super fun. I can't remake it of course because of the don't spawn at start glitch. I wouldn't be able to make the door seal, and I can't make the first 3 minutes not have the rockets. They'd have to be there at the start which defeats the purpose.

Anyway, any help is super appreciated. If you have a fix, know anything about the issue, or know someone with Exodus, I'd very much love to know. Thank you.
Ah! This has been a problem I've been having for the longest time too. I was heartbroken when I accidentally stained an object permanently on a large project of mine. Nobody's made a forum post on it, so I assumed I was the only one. I don't have time to search for these maps, but I can at least send a ticket to 343, now that I know this is an ongoing issue for multiple people. Thanks for the post!