1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It would be an amazing feature to have on Xbox. Halo 3 having such a low FoV honestly makes me not want to play it. If I can have a standardized FoV across all of the games it would make multiplayer a lot more seamless and that would be amazing.
It would be an amazing feature to have on Xbox. Halo 3 having such a low FoV honestly makes me not want to play it. If I can have a standardized FoV across all of the games it would make multiplayer a lot more seamless and that would be amazing.
This. I made a similar thread on Reddit. Xbox players like FOV sliders too!
Agreed.
Would you be willing to sacrifice frame rate for PoV slider?

Not being facetious, just would genuinely like to know. Me personally, I rather keep my 60fps.
Yo Erk wrote:

Not being facetious, just would genuinely like to know. Me personally, I rather keep my 60fps.
Wider FOV only takes few FPS. Playing Halo 3 is suffocating bro. I would do everything for a FOV slider on console. Even when I'm alone I play Halo CE and Halo 2 in split screen because of the increased FOV. FOV slider on console is hands down my top request/wish for MCC on Xbox.
Yo Erk wrote:

I think I would, but I don't think we'd have to worry about that. Higher FoV isn't that taxing. There should be plenty of headroom on the 360 ports. 2A had framerate issues when it launched, and I've owned a One X since it launched so when the big update for MCC came out I had no issues. I don't know how it runs on the original One right now, but hopefully it's better.
Yo Erk wrote:

Yes absolutely as long as the game remains stable. Janky framerates can be just as bad as tunnel vision FOV.
Yo Erk wrote:

Doom 2016 doesn't seem to have a problem with a wider FoV affecting frame rate.
I'm with everyone pro FoV slider, all games should have this option imo. Especially Halo 3.
I guess it would be cool, but I’ll never use it.
I doubt 343 will do it but i'd love to get a FOV slider for MCC!
I'd like to have an FOV setting for the Xbox One and PC versions of MCC. I would set every game in the MCC to 90 degrees if I could, especially Halo 3.
Glad I'm not the only one who think Halo 3 is painful to play because of the FOV. Yes I would love to have a FOV slider it's definitely one of those things that won't harm the game any by adding it in.
Yo Erk wrote:

Doom 2016 doesn't seem to have a problem with a wider FoV affecting frame rate.
I believe it drops a few here and there since the game has to render more stuff for a wider FOV, but it’s not significant enough to be noticeable.
Disagreed. Variable FoV impacts the level playing field between all players. Some gain advantage in gameplay when seeing more at once.
This is my biggest fear for MCC, that we lose the simplicity of a console experience. Putting options and sliders all over the place is going to confuse people.

The point of consoles used to be you trade customization for simplicity and consistency. I think there’s some risk in just turning the Xbox experience into a PC experience.
I wish console games gave us this option
Disagreed. Variable FoV impacts the level playing field between all players. Some gain advantage in gameplay when seeing more at once.
On pc every competitive shooter has a FOV slider. If you feel disadvntaged all you need to do is to use a wider FOV.
This is my biggest fear for MCC, that we lose the simplicity of a console experience. Putting options and sliders all over the place is going to confuse people.

The point of consoles used to be you trade customization for simplicity and consistency. I think there’s some risk in just turning the Xbox experience into a PC experience.
You don't need to be a mad scientist to use a FOV slider bro. On Xbox One X you can play Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 4 campaign at 4K@30 or 1080p@60. Nobody said "oh no that's too complicated, what I'm supposed to do!". Everybody ejoyed the possibility to personalize its gaming experience and that's it.

You don't need to be a mad scientist to use a FOV slider bro. On Xbox One X you can play Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 4 campaign at 4K@30 or 1080p@60. Nobody said "oh no that's too complicated, what I'm supposed to do!". Everybody ejoyed the possibility to personalize its gaming experience and that's it.
For Forza and Gears 4 those are both one game. MCC is going to have 7 different Halos. CE, 2, 2A, 3, 4, ODST, and Reach. That’s a slider for each one, likely managed through a single UI screen. And FOV is just one type of slider.

A worst case scenario here is something like the Minecraft settings UI, where there are checkboxes, sliders and settings everywhere for every little thing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2