1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is my biggest fear for MCC, that we lose the simplicity of a console experience. Putting options and sliders all over the place is going to confuse people.

The point of consoles used to be you trade customization for simplicity and consistency. I think there’s some risk in just turning the Xbox experience into a PC experience.
You don't need to be a mad scientist to use a FOV slider bro. On Xbox One X you can play Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 4 campaign at 4K@30 or 1080p@60. Nobody said "oh no that's too complicated, what I'm supposed to do!". Everybody ejoyed the possibility to personalize its gaming experience and that's it.
For Forza and Gears 4 those are both one game. MCC is going to have 7 different Halos. CE, 2, 2A, 3, 4, ODST, and Reach. That’s a slider for each one, likely managed through a single UI screen. And FOV is just one type of slider.

A worst case scenario here is something like the Minecraft settings UI, where there are checkboxes, sliders and settings everywhere for every little thing.
MCC has also controller settings for each game. Did you ever feel confused because of that?
It would be an amazing feature to have on Xbox. Halo 3 having such a low FoV honestly makes me not want to play it. If I can have a standardized FoV across all of the games it would make multiplayer a lot more seamless and that would be amazing.
100 % with you
It would be an amazing feature to have on Xbox. Halo 3 having such a low FoV honestly makes me not want to play it. If I can have a standardized FoV across all of the games it would make multiplayer a lot more seamless and that would be amazing.
100 % with you
Halo 3 makes me feel drunk due to it's FoV
This is my biggest fear for MCC, that we lose the simplicity of a console experience. Putting options and sliders all over the place is going to confuse people.

The point of consoles used to be you trade customization for simplicity and consistency. I think there’s some risk in just turning the Xbox experience into a PC experience.
You don't need to be a mad scientist to use a FOV slider bro. On Xbox One X you can play Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 4 campaign at 4K@30 or 1080p@60. Nobody said "oh no that's too complicated, what I'm supposed to do!". Everybody ejoyed the possibility to personalize its gaming experience and that's it.
For Forza and Gears 4 those are both one game. MCC is going to have 7 different Halos. CE, 2, 2A, 3, 4, ODST, and Reach. That’s a slider for each one, likely managed through a single UI screen. And FOV is just one type of slider.

A worst case scenario here is something like the Minecraft settings UI, where there are checkboxes, sliders and settings everywhere for every little thing.
MCC has also controller settings for each game. Did you ever feel confused because of that?
No need to make this personal.

Consoles have controllers, and all the original games had controller settings. Most console players have never seen a FOV slider in their life. That’s an apples and oranges comparison.

Consider too that people will want keyboard and mouse settings too. Now we’re up to 7 games worth of controller settings, 7 games worth of M&K settings, 7 games worth of FOV settings, and 7 games worth of settings for whatever other new options the PC version gets. We’re already up to 21 different settings options just with these, and we haven’t even gotten to any potential cross play options yet.

How do you make that a good experience for console players?
Halo 3 feels suffocating, I love the campaign, but holy hell, it would be better if my FOV wasn't so close! I can't play Legendary because of the field of view being so close, I can't see where those damn sniper jackals are.
I agree. Low FoV can make a game feel much slower than it actually is, and can make aiming feel terrible. Just look at how much better halo 3 looks at 90° and 110° than at its default FoV
I'd be all in for this. Suffocation isn't fun, lol.

Take the controller settings as an example , it can be done on a game ny game basis or as an overall game setting , seriously fov is just a x amount of degrees vision setting , if plenty of console fps titles can do it without issue and mcc pc is going to have why can't we ? You can chose to use it or not just like all the different controller setups and sensitivity settings .
Remember when people used to say that frame rate doesn't matter, the human eye can't see past 30fps, etc.? I wonder where all of those guys went?

I agree that a slider should be added. Likely an unpopular opinion, but Halo 3: ODST tends to be more enjoyable than Halo 3 due to having a much better field of view.
Remember when people used to say that frame rate doesn't matter, the human eye can't see past 30fps, etc.? I wonder where all of those guys went?

I agree that a slider should be added. Likely an unpopular opinion, but Halo 3: ODST tends to be more enjoyable than Halo 3 due to having a much better field of view.
I always lean more toward h3odst whenever I want to play a Halo 3 game for that same reason.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2