Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Fov slider with 120hz series x for MCC

OP Youre 10 PIy

I may be blind but I have looked, is there any news on if this is being added in? I know there used to be a workaround that seemed to not effect the game whatsoever that allowed it but that got patched out
As of right now I don’t believe there is any news on this.
I know the work around existed and seemed to run okay but 343i probably have their reasoning for not having it enabled right now. Hopefully we’ll see it in the future.
I can dream I guess. I prefer the high fov but that 120fps is so smooth it's jarring going back to 60 when I try so I stay at 120 personally
I can dream I guess. I prefer the high fov but that 120fps is so smooth it's jarring going back to 60 when I try so I stay at 120 personally
You might want to consider moving over to MCC on PC to get the experience as soon as possible. There is cross play available now, so player numbers are unchanged. There are also tons more graphics settings you can mess with and customize on PC. Heck, you can even run unlimited frame rates as high as your PC can push it. I play MCC at 250 FPS in 4K, it is the best way to play. Let’s not forget about mods too. There is tons of mods for hundreds of hours of entertainment if the base game is not enough for you.
You might want to consider moving over to MCC on PC to get the experience as soon as possible. There is cross play available now, so player numbers are unchanged. There are also tons more graphics settings you can mess with and customize on PC. Heck, you can even run unlimited frame rates as high as your PC can push it. I play MCC at 250 FPS in 4K, it is the best way to play. Let’s not forget about mods too. There is tons of mods for hundreds of hours of entertainment if the base game is not enough for you.
I've considered that but I've always been a console guy just easier overall even with missing out on stuff pretty frequently. Kind of ingrained in it now along with group of friends. Thankfully with that workaround I know the 120fps with fov is possible so I have hope it will come back
Your TV has to support these for the options to show up... I have the series x, you can toggle higher fov and the 120 hz display... but only if your TV allows the 120 hz refresh... have you checked to make sure your mcc is downloaded on the internal hard drive of your series x, that is another deciding factor on whether you can use those features as they require a solid state drive to operate.
Foombles wrote:
Your TV has to support these for the options to show up... I have the series x, you can toggle higher fov and the 120 hz display... but only if your TV allows the 120 hz refresh... have you checked to make sure your mcc is downloaded on the internal hard drive of your series x, that is another deciding factor on whether you can use those features as they require a solid state drive to operate.
You can not have custom fov and 120hz at same time. The options are there but greyed meaning not active. My tv definitely supports it as new cod for sit with no issues. Only time you can adjust fov on series x is if you use 60hz
I don't have any idea why this isn't a feature to begin with. The Series X is equivalent to the RTX 2080 Super in performance, and that thing will hit 4K @120hz on MCC without even breaking a sweat. Guess that's 343 for you though huh?
This was in the game before on Series X via workaround. However they purposefully removed it.

Really upsetting given both help with the motion sickness I experience in fast games a great deal. And now I can either play Halo 3 with it looking like the character is holding the gun to his esr and get dizzy or have the game look choppy when spinning at speed, again getting dizzy.
Robborboy wrote:
This was in the game before on Series X via workaround. However they purposefully removed it.

Really upsetting given both help with the motion sickness I experience in fast games a great deal. And now I can either play Halo 3 with it looking like the character is holding the gun to his esr and get dizzy or have the game look choppy when spinning at speed, again getting dizzy.
Yea exactly. I don't see any reason given for why they purposefully removed it