Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why no fov sliders on the Xbox one, Xbox one s, or Xbox one X?
Performance issues
Performance issues
I used the FOV slider in the Halo 4 flight and had zero performance issues. I know Flight Builds arent the full game but it definitely works.
that sucks was the only thing I was looking forward to
Don't know what you guys expected? If the xbox one, xbox one s and xbox one x was capable of having FOV then they would of released it a lot sooner... I for one knew this as the hardware of the xbox one is very outdated now. Stop being a nit and get an xbox one series x
Don't know what you guys expected? If the xbox one, xbox one s and xbox one x was capable of having FOV then they would of released it a lot sooner... I for one knew this as the hardware of the xbox one is very outdated now. Stop being a nit and get an xbox one series x
That's pretty hard when they're sold out everywhere
I'm no game developer, but I dont see how performance has anything to do with FOV when in Halo 3, during gravemind/cortana cutscenes it seems to alter your FOV anyway?? I would have thought the XB1X was more than capable of the feature since it was once dubbed "The worlds most powerful console". Not everyone can afford a Series S/X yet so it would be nice to know that us XB1 users aren't just going to be forgotten about.
Its also pretty hard when you dont have $500 to throw away during a global pandemic
Its also pretty hard when you dont have $500 to throw away during a global pandemic
That too
This absolutely needs to be addressed. I was very disappointed to start the game up on my One X only to find that there are no FOV sliders. The last insider flight had FOV sliders and they worked perfectly fine with zero performance issues. Even if there are performance issues on One S, just put a disclaimer under the bar warning people that it may impact framerate. There's no excuse for excluding this feature on the Xbox One X version when they tested it in the recent preview flight.

This feels like a gross attempt at excluding features so we have to spend $500 on a new box. Even if I wanted to I couldn't since they're all sold out. This is gross and NEEDS to be addressed. I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game (and again, One S should have them too with at worst a disclaimer that it could impact performance).

Does anyone from 343 want to comment on the issue? FOV sliders were in the preview build on One X and I used it without issue. This feels like a bait and switch, and I honestly now don't even want to play Halo without the feature. Once you experience Halo at 90 FOV you can't go back to 70 (and lord knows how low it is in Halo 3).
This absolutely needs to be addressed. I was very disappointed to start the game up on my One X only to find that there are no FOV sliders. The last insider flight had FOV sliders and they worked perfectly fine with zero performance issues. Even if there are performance issues on One S, just put a disclaimer under the bar warning people that it may impact framerate. There's no excuse for excluding this feature on the Xbox One X version when they tested it in the recent preview flight.

This feels like a gross attempt at excluding features so we have to spend $500 on a new box. Even if I wanted to I couldn't since they're all sold out. This is gross and NEEDS to be addressed. I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game (and again, One S should have them too with at worst a disclaimer that it could impact performance).

Does anyone from 343 want to comment on the issue? FOV sliders were in the preview build on One X and I used it without issue. This feels like a bait and switch, and I honestly now don't even want to play Halo without the feature. Once you experience Halo at 90 FOV you can't go back to 70 (and lord knows how low it is in Halo 3).
I play on a One S and I had no issues
Every Xbox should be completely capable of handling an FOV slider. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has an FOV slider on console which works perfectly fine, but you are telling me that games from last gen (literally every MCC game) can't have an FOV slider? Sounds like 343 is being extremely lazy and not putting effort into the implementation. The Xbox One S and One X can totally handle an FOV slider.
It worked perfectly fine though... I was on One X and many people have a One S and it worked perfectly. I did not see a single bug or glitch from ANYONE. So no one is being a "nit".

And most people for 1 don't have the money to upgrade and 2 if they did its damn near impossible to find one.
Performance issues
Battlefield 1 still manages to run at mostly 60fps at 90 FOV (107 horizontal in 16:9 format, with 74 vertical) on my og Xbox one and it looks way better than any MCC halo title, please dont start with the "pErForMANcE isSUEs" narrative because it doesnt make sense
Performance issues
Battlefield 1 still manages to run at mostly 60fps at 90 FOV on my og Xbox one and it looks way better than any MCC halo title, please dont start with the "pErForMANcE isSUEs" narrative because it doesnt make sense
Not only that, but Titanfall 2 and Black Ops Cold War both have FOV sliders as well. This is just plain laziness from 343.
I have the series x and I have no idea why I can't use the fob slider with 120fps. I was able to switch to 60fps in the Xbox setting then set the fov slider and go back to 120. Only problem is you have to restart the game before with each change :(
I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game
Please don't do this, it's unnecessary and will be considered spamming

---

From the dev blog:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-october-2020
Quote:
Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)  
  • As part of our support for the new consoles, we moved the timeline up for this and I think many of you saw these in the current flight.
  • An important note here is that while we did flight this for all consoles, this feature is not quite ready for release on all console models. We have seen several performance issues and need to take that into consideration before pushing this out to everything.
  • For H4’s launch, this feature will only be available on Xbox Series X & S consoles and of course will be on PC as it has been for some time now.
While some folk may have had no issues changing these settings during the flight, 343 have identified issues where it doesn't meet their targets and pushed back its release. They're not shelving the feature, just bumping it until they feel its ready to release. That other games run fine is immaterial - especially modern games that were designed with these features in mind.

It's by no means "laziness" on 343's part not to release the feature, as they have said they're doing more work to ensure things go smoothly when it finally rolls out to the other consoles.
stckrboy wrote:
I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game
Please don't do this, it's unnecessary and will be considered spamming

---

From the dev blog:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-october-2020
Quote:
Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)  
  • As part of our support for the new consoles, we moved the timeline up for this and I think many of you saw these in the current flight.
  • An important note here is that while we did flight this for all consoles, this feature is not quite ready for release on all console models. We have seen several performance issues and need to take that into consideration before pushing this out to everything.
  • For H4’s launch, this feature will only be available on Xbox Series X & S consoles and of course will be on PC as it has been for some time now.
While some folk may have had no issues changing these settings during the flight, 343 have identified issues where it doesn't meet their targets and pushed back its release. They're not shelving the feature, just bumping it until they feel its ready to release. That other games run fine is immaterial - especially modern games that were designed with these features in mind.

It's by no means "laziness" on 343's part not to release the feature, as they have said they're doing more work to ensure things go smoothly when it finally rolls out to the other consoles.
Hey, I'm glad you told us this. But I am upset that as someone who looks for a lot of news related to Halo I saw this feature working great and heard nothing about it being pushed back. I log on expecting it to be back and it's gone without seemingly any mention of it.

I'm sorry, but It almost looks like they tried to hide the fact it's gone.
They published it in the monthly dev blog that gets shared around pretty much all avenues of Halo's social media. They're not hiding anything there.

It's great it was working alright for you, but it would seem that data they got back from flighting suggests otherwise. Remember that flighting a feature doesn't always mean it's 100% locked in to launch with the next big updates, there's always the potential for late game issues to crop up. This was just unfortunately one of those times, and again it's not like they're just removing it completely as they've said they'll work to get those issues fixed
stckrboy wrote:
They published it in the monthly dev blog that gets shared around pretty much all avenues of Halo's social media. They're not hiding anything there.

It's great it was working alright for you, but it would seem that data they got back from flighting suggests otherwise. Remember that flighting a feature doesn't always mean it's 100% locked in to launch with the next big updates, there's always the potential for late game issues to crop up. This was just unfortunately one of those times, and again it's not like they're just removing it completely as they've said they'll work to get those issues fixed
Ok, I'm not accusing you of lying when asking this btw. But where is this dev blog that said this about the FOV slider? I'm trying to find it and everything I am finding mentions nothing of it. Plus multiple Halo news Youtubers I watch didn't even mention it was being delayed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3