Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
PLEASE please please support the Xbox One X. I’m heartbroken. i never make accounts & lazy af but i did for this bs lol. it makes me sick playing at that low of fov. ur telling me PUBG lets me go to 103 fov (with a decent unlocked frame-rate mode lol) but mcc had to delay this even though the xbox series s (1080p machine) is so powerful that they prioritize that over your LOYAL XBOX ONE X community?
stckrboy wrote:
I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game
Please don't do this, it's unnecessary and will be considered spamming

---

From the dev blog:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-october-2020
Quote:
Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)  
  • As part of our support for the new consoles, we moved the timeline up for this and I think many of you saw these in the current flight.
  • An important note here is that while we did flight this for all consoles, this feature is not quite ready for release on all console models. We have seen several performance issues and need to take that into consideration before pushing this out to everything.
  • For H4’s launch, this feature will only be available on Xbox Series X & S consoles and of course will be on PC as it has been for some time now.
While some folk may have had no issues changing these settings during the flight, 343 have identified issues where it doesn't meet their targets and pushed back its release. They're not shelving the feature, just bumping it until they feel its ready to release. That other games run fine is immaterial - especially modern games that were designed with these features in mind.

It's by no means "laziness" on 343's part not to release the feature, as they have said they're doing more work to ensure things go smoothly when it finally rolls out to the other consoles.
Zero reason they cannot leave it in as an experimental feature or something. Plenty of games have FOV sliders listed as such on Xbox One consoles.
stckrboy wrote:
I will either bump this thread every day to raise awareness to this issue or create a new thread of my own every day until 343 adds FOV sliders to at least the Xbox One X version of the game

---

From the dev blog:
Quote:
  • As part of our support for the new consoles, we moved the timeline up for this and I think many of you saw these in the current flight.
  • An important note here is that while we did flight this for all consoles, this feature is not quite ready for release on all console models. We have seen several performance issues and need to take that into consideration before pushing this out to everything.
  • For H4’s launch, this feature will only be available on Xbox Series X & S consoles and of course will be on PC as it has been for some time now.
While some folk may have had no issues changing these settings during the flight, 343 have identified issues where it doesn't meet their targets and pushed back its release. They're not shelving the feature, just bumping it until they feel its ready to release. That other games run fine is immaterial - especially modern games that were designed with these features in mind.

It's by no means "laziness" on 343's part not to release the feature, as they have said they're doing more work to ensure things go smoothly when it finally rolls out to the other consoles.
Zero reason they cannot leave it in as an experimental feature or something. Plenty of games have FOV sliders listed as such on Xbox One consoles.
I see plenty of games that clearly state that it can impact performance and to "use at you own risk". If I play Halo 3 I have to disable the cross play cuz my God does pc have a strong advantage with being able to see what feels like double the screen.
stckrboy wrote:

---

From the dev blog:
Quote:

I see plenty of games that clearly state that it can impact performance and to "use at you own risk". If I play Halo 3 I have to disable the cross play cuz my God does pc have a strong advantage with being able to see what feels like double the screen.
Exactly, there is no reason it cannot be added with a tag saying it could cause problems. From what it sounds like it functioned as intended, just with a few hiccups, so just tell us that before we turn it on! If they need to work on it, do it, but let us use it in a less stable manner in the mean time.
Ok, I'm not accusing you of lying when asking this btw. But where is this dev blog that said this about the FOV slider? I'm trying to find it and everything I am finding mentions nothing of it. Plus multiple Halo news Youtubers I watch didn't even mention it was being delayed.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post53
Quote:
Field of View (FOV)Those of you flighting on Xbox One have been testing out the new console FOV options. While this is really exciting and is showing promise, this isn’t something we’ll be ready to roll out on all devices when the optimized enhancements are made available on November 17th to the Xbox Series X|S consoles. We are working hard to make sure that the experience on the Xbox One family of consoles is as positive as possible so we're taking some extra time and giving it some extra love.

Additionally, thank you for all the feedback on the console FOV feature in the flight. In this next patch we have removed it and are now going to evaluate the data we received and iterate on the feature. Stay tuned for this feature to return for additional testing at a later time.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post56
Quote:
Halo 4 Launch InfoOn Tuesday, November 17 at 10AM PT, Halo 4 will officially be released on PC. This launch will include new features such as interpolation for Halo 4 at 60+ FPS, Season 4 and all new unlocks, Text Chat Filtering, FOV sliders for the Xbox Series S & X,
Quote:
stckrboy wrote:
Ok, I'm not accusing you of lying when asking this btw. But where is this dev blog that said this about the FOV slider? I'm trying to find it and everything I am finding mentions nothing of it. Plus multiple Halo news Youtubers I watch didn't even mention it was being delayed.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post53
Quote:
Field of View (FOV)Those of you flighting on Xbox One have been testing out the new console FOV options. While this is really exciting and is showing promise, this isn’t something we’ll be ready to roll out on all devices when the optimized enhancements are made available on November 17th to the Xbox Series X|S consoles. We are working hard to make sure that the experience on the Xbox One family of consoles is as positive as possible so we're taking some extra time and giving it some extra love.

Additionally, thank you for all the feedback on the console FOV feature in the flight. In this next patch we have removed it and are now going to evaluate the data we received and iterate on the feature. Stay tuned for this feature to return for additional testing at a later time.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post56
Quote:
Halo 4 Launch InfoOn Tuesday, November 17 at 10AM PT, Halo 4 will officially be released on PC. This launch will include new features such as interpolation for Halo 4 at 60+ FPS, Season 4 and all new unlocks, Text Chat Filtering, FOV sliders for the Xbox Series S & X,
Quote:
There is no reason they cannot have it available now on the Xbox One family of consoles. They are holding back a feature that is functional simply to make minor improvements, when it functions mostly as intended now. As long as it isn't crashing and bricking consoles, there is no reason it cannot be available now with improvements later.
Ok i must be going crazy, I thought that Halo 3 had an update to its FOV on Xbox as it looks quite different, i noticed it immediately. Halo 3 has famously terrible FOV on console, but i SWEAR its changed for me, but nobody seems to be saying the same thing? I dont have a Series X, i need to do some comparisons but i SWEAR its changed for me. It feels like i move quicker and there's more of the screen/game visible.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
Ok i must be going crazy, I thought that Halo 3 had an update to its FOV on Xbox as it looks quite different, i noticed it immediately. Halo 3 has famously terrible FOV on console, but i SWEAR its changed for me, but nobody seems to be saying the same thing? I dont have a Series X, i need to do some comparisons but i SWEAR its changed for me. It feels like i move quicker and there's more of the screen/game visible.
EDIT: Turns out this is yet another oversight by 343. The FOV you change on PC actually carries over to your Xbox One. So if I set my FOV on PC to 120, even though my Xbox One doesn't actually have an FOV slider, the FOV will still be 120 because it carries over the settings. Truly embarrassing on 343s end.

No you would be right, it appears they have increased the FOV... Just did some tests between the Halo 3 OG FOV and the MCC FOV, and it is undoubtedly a wider FOV.
stckrboy wrote:

---

From the dev blog:
Quote:

Hey, I'm glad you told us this. But I am upset that as someone who looks for a lot of news related to Halo I saw this feature working great and heard nothing about it being pushed back. I log on expecting it to be back and it's gone without seemingly any mention of it.

I'm sorry, but It almost looks like they tried to hide the fact it's gone.
They actually took this option away mid-flight. When Reach was added to crossplay. They never hid this info, if you followed the updates.
There is no reason they cannot have it available now on the Xbox One family of consoles.
There is a reason and they've explained it - there are performance issues with the game on previous gen consoles
They are holding back a feature that is functional simply to make minor improvements, when it functions mostly as intended now. As long as it isn't crashing and bricking consoles, there is no reason it cannot be available now with improvements later.
If that's all it was then I'm sure they would ahve kept it in, but it's not. They removed it mid-flight because there were issues that needed to be resolved. As soon as that work has completed, it will be pushed out for everyone to use
EDIT: Turns out this is yet another oversight by 343. The FOV you change on PC actually carries over to your Xbox One. So if I set my FOV on PC to 120, even though my Xbox One doesn't actually have an FOV slider, the FOV will still be 120 because it carries over the settings. Truly embarrassing on 343s end.
It's not an oversight. They obviously found some issues with it which I'm guessing you haven't tested or found yet so they decided not to implement it. Playing a solo custom game isn't properly testing it either.
stckrboy wrote:
There is no reason they cannot have it available now on the Xbox One family of consoles.
There is a reason and they've explained it - there are performance issues with the game on previous gen consoles
They are holding back a feature that is functional simply to make minor improvements, when it functions mostly as intended now. As long as it isn't crashing and bricking consoles, there is no reason it cannot be available now with improvements later.
If that's all it was then I'm sure they would ahve kept it in, but it's not. They removed it mid-flight because there were issues that needed to be resolved. As soon as that work has completed, it will be pushed out for everyone to use
Been playing for dozens of games now and there is not a single problem.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It's not an oversight. They obviously found some issues with it which I'm guessing you haven't tested or found yet so they decided not to implement it. Playing a solo custom game isn't properly testing it either.
I've done far more than just solo custom testing lmao. I've been playing for like the past 3 days over dozens of games with absolutely 0 issues. Also played one or two campaign missions without a problem.
That's great that you've not been having a problem, but 343 have a much wider view on issues like these. They're not disabling functionality for giggles
stckrboy wrote:
That's great that you've not been having a problem, but 343 have a much wider view on issues like these. They're not disabling functionality for giggles
They are likely disabling it due to framerate issues as an FOV slider would likely not cause any other problems. Until I see something proving otherwise, it's very likely just framerate performance issues here and there considering increased FOV is not actually changing an object in game, unlike most graphics options. And like I said multiple times previously, they could release it as an "experimental feature", and fix it later.
Will this be in the next patch or no? Will the next patch have a flight?

Quote:
Stay tuned for this feature to return for additional testing at a later time
Quote:
planned December patch

Quote:
Quote:
planned December patch
I'm hoping it'll be in the next patch but I don't think there has been any word that it will be. (not 100% sure on that part.) probably gonna delay it in an attempt to sell more next gen consoles.

Quote:
Quote:
planned December patch
It could be possible. If this patch was just bug fixes, I feel like 343 would not tell us about this patch this early
I tested the FOV slider in the last flight and had no issues at all. Everything ran super smooth. My PC isn't as powerful to run MCC properly and I can't afford or even get an Xbox Series X at all because they're too expensive and sold out everywhere. And atm I'm not playing crossplay at all as long as there is no FOV slider for Xbox One. PC and Xbox Series have an adventage over Xbox One.
& it’s December with no FOV Slider. Why is there Cross-Play if I can’t even use mouse & keyboard on Xbox? I can play cross-play with PC but i still don't have an FOV SLIDER or MOUSE & KEYBOARD SUPPORT?
Quote:
I tested the FOV slider in the last flight and had no issues at all. Everything ran super smooth. My PC isn't as powerful to run MCC properly and I can't afford or even get an Xbox Series X at all because they're too expensive and sold out everywhere. And atm I'm not playing crossplay at all as long as there is no FOV slider for Xbox One. PC and Xbox Series have an adventage over Xbox One.
Given how I've only heard people say that it worked great on Xbox One during the flight where 343 has made only vague comments about performance, it might be easier to be paranoid and think there are some other uncouth motives at play here, but I think Hanlon's and Occam's razors are good rules of thumb so it's probably more likely that they're either being stupid or cautious. Though, maybe it's all of the above?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3