Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Just in case anyone wants their experience of MCC on Steam to be more similar to the MCC Xbox version, here is a list of the FoV numbers for each Halo game at launch on all versions of Xbox:

Default Field-of-View Xbox One MCC
  • Halo: Reach is 78
  • Halo: CE is 78
  • Halo 2 is 78
  • Halo 3 is 70
  • ODST is 80
  • Halo 4 is 78
Slatching wrote:
Just in case anyone wants their experience of MCC on Steam to be more similar to the MCC Xbox version, here is a list of the FoV numbers for each Halo game at launch on all versions of Xbox:

Default Field-of-View Xbox One MCC
  • Halo: Reach is 78
  • Halo: CE is 78
  • Halo 2 is 78
  • Halo 3 is 70
  • ODST is 80
  • Halo 4 is 78
That's too low for me to play. I need at least 100 FOV to play properly.
Every Xbox should be completely capable of handling an FOV slider. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has an FOV slider on console which works perfectly fine, but you are telling me that games from last gen (literally every MCC game) can't have an FOV slider? Sounds like 343 is being extremely lazy and not putting effort into the implementation. The Xbox One S and One X can totally handle an FOV slider.
Pretty sure at this point it was just an excuse to push the new Box that came out.
Pretty sure at this point it was just an excuse to push the new Box that came out.
That’s exactly what it is. Every game included in MCC is at least 6 years old, yet somehow an FOV slider causes performance issues so bad that it has to be removed entirely. Conveniently, these problems have only been stomped out on the shiny new console.

This is coming from someone who plays on a Series X. I feel for y’all and hope 343 brings the FOV slider back to the X1 family soon.
it’s COMING TOMORROW?!?!? sorry, i don't know when/how this works?
Pretty sure they said there'll be sliders again this next insider flight, let's hope they stay this time.
Thanks, do u know how to access the FLIGHT? sorry me N00B 🦁
it’s COMING TOMORROW?!?!? sorry, i don't know when/how this works?
excited about this. I figured the Series X could handle FOV sliders for old games just fine at 120 fps. glad 343 is workin on it.
so does anyone know where & when the FLIGHT STARTS, i still haven't received anything???? Thanks @ email removed by moderator - please don't post personal information
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3