Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Is it just me or does asking for free multiplayer dlc for a game where the multiplayer is already broken seem a bit daft ????? . I'm not having a go at any body about this because I e already seen lots of people asking for the same thing .

Hilarious and good point. "The multiplayer is broken! Give us more broken multiplayer options!"

Personally I haven't tried the multiplayer apart from co op campaign which seems to run ok but given the amount of maps and game types involved in the multiplayer id have given it a week for all the bugs to be worked out before complaining as there was bound to be problems .

Now, I too am not trying to "have a go at you" or argue or anything. But, I feel that this is the problem. We say "eh, it happens" and let the gaming companies get away with taking our full retail price money for unfinished games. And it will continue to happen. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a game or software and it was "finished". Must have been Original Xbox, or PS2. But that is because we continue to just say "Eh, it's only been 2 days, they'll get it fixed eventually". Yes, they will. But it shouldn't be like that. Back in the NES, SNES, GENESIS days people would NEVER have allowed this to happen. An unfinished/broken product would have been completely unacceptable. But now, now it is just the norm.

And don't worry, they will get the game up and running eventually, and everyone will forget all their anger and will forget their rants, and life will go on. No one will be held accountable and the wntire process will repeat itself once the next big title comes out. Nothing will change and we will continue to accept buying broken toys until the gaming community finally decides they have had enough, and do something that will actually get the gaming giants attention. And no, Halo: MCC will not be that game.

Is it just me or does asking for free multiplayer dlc for a game where the multiplayer is already broken seem a bit daft ????? . I'm not having a go at any body about this because I e already seen lots of people asking for the same thing .

Hilarious and good point. "The multiplayer is broken! Give us more broken multiplayer options!"

Personally I haven't tried the multiplayer apart from co op campaign which seems to run ok but given the amount of maps and game types involved in the multiplayer id have given it a week for all the bugs to be worked out before complaining as there was bound to be problems .

Now, I too am not trying to "have a go at you" or argue or anything. But, I feel that this is the problem. We say "eh, it happens" and let the gaming companies get away with taking our full retail price money for unfinished games. And it will continue to happen. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a game or software and it was "finished". Must have been Original Xbox, or PS2. But that is because we continue to just say "Eh, it's only been 2 days, they'll get it fixed eventually". Yes, they will. But it shouldn't be like that. Back in the NES, SNES, GENESIS days people would NEVER have allowed this to happen. An unfinished/broken product would have been completely unacceptable. But now, now it is just the norm.

And don't worry, they will get the game up and running eventually, and everyone will forget all their anger and will forget their rants, and life will go on. No one will be held accountable and the wntire process will repeat itself once the next big title comes out. Nothing will change and we will continue to accept buying broken toys until the gaming community finally decides they have had enough, and do something that will actually get the gaming giants attention. And no, Halo: MCC will not be that game.
I couldn't agree more. And the sad thing is that 343 doesn't even have to care about anything we say because you know what...Halo 5 is going to sell pretty good as well, no matter what they do. I think it comes down to this...Halo will eventually end sometime (maybe with Halo 6). 343 has two choices. After Halo has ended they can either be known as the guys who made a lot of money off a video game OR the guys who made one of the best console FPS ever AND made a lot of money:)...their choice.
There isn't going to be DLC for MCC, as we know yet. :/
And the people at 343i/ Certain Affinity have lives and probably family too. I doubt they will do something if it will be sold for free.
Cant see there being dlc for this, hope 343 / ms get it right soon they are really shooting themselves in the foot here
They don't owe us anything.
How about a game that works? Do they owe us that?

Im sick of defenders. These games aren't cheap. They should work.
Who does even need a dlc? This game has tons of content. They should fix it and its fine.
I hope this happens.... Or at least longer time on the halo 5 beta.
Chemical G wrote:
hope 343 / ms get it right soon they are really shooting themselves in the foot here
(I am not arguing with you, or discounting your comment here, or anything like that. I just want to piggyback on what you said to make a point...)

How are they? While I understand what your saying, in all reality, there is no repercussions to 343 or MS because of this failed launch. By that I mean: Are you going to return your game because of this? Is anyone? Are you going to stop buying 343 or MS products because of how poorly this was delivered or handled? Is this lack of product quality going to amount to anything more than just some gamers complaining on the company's forums? They already have our money from buying the games. Are they gonna loose anything from this fiasco?

No. They may get some slightly bad press momentarily... but that is it. This is Halo. People aren't going to return their games. No one is going to boycott 343/MS until they commit to doing better. We are all just gonna raise hell until the issues are fixed, 343 is going to release another "Gosh we sure messed this up. You deserve better" statement, and we will all forget this ever happened. Until the next binary turd hits the shelves and we start comparing IT'S botched launch to "Man, this is almost as bad as when MCC launched"... and that is about it.

Once again, not trying to attack you or anything. In fact I agree with you. Unfortunately, the fact is, 343 and MS will walk away from this unscathed. Maybe a blip on some stocks but that is about it.
Jusoda wrote:
I hope 343 knows that there are quite a lot of people who bought XB1 for Halo only...me being one of them. So I basically paid 400 for the Box, 25 for the headset adapter, 65 for the game. My favourite purchase so far is the headset adapter:) Sad...
I am also one of those who purchased the One for the sole purpose of this game
y0n4z wrote:
Who does even need a dlc? This game has tons of content. They should fix it and its fine.
You guys heard about "Halo Championship Series" right? It's basically a new format for the pros to compete in (like MLG used to be). They said that H2A will be the game played in the Championship Series. Now, H2A currently has 3 maps that are fit for competitive play...Warlord, Lockdown and Shrine. I seriously doubt that the pros want to play Ascension or Zanzibar (or that people want to watch these maps played). That's why I thought that DLC is pretty much guaranteed.
What DLC are they charging for exactly?

They gave us all DLC that H3 & H4 had seen (Map-pack wise) along with 2 complete other titles to play...

All these people whining about compensation... you paid the price of one game, and in return are getting 4. Granted, you may have to wait a few days to be able to fully access parts of it... but the fact remains.. For the amount of content this is providing us, a $60 price tag doesn't deserve any additional compensation ontop of it because servers are being wacky.
Jusoda wrote:

I couldn't agree more. And the sad thing is that 343 doesn't even have to care about anything we say because you know what...Halo 5 is going to sell pretty good as well, no matter what they do. I think it comes down to this...Halo will eventually end sometime (maybe with Halo 6). 343 has two choices. After Halo has ended they can either be known as the guys who made a lot of money off a video game OR the guys who made one of the best console FPS ever AND made a lot of money:)...their choice.
Thank you for agreeing. And yes, this fiasco and our anger will dissipate and Halo 5 will sell like hotcakes.
Chemical G wrote:
hope 343 / ms get it right soon they are really shooting themselves in the foot here

(I am not arguing with you, or discounting your comment here, or anything like that. I just want to piggyback on what you said to make a point...)

How are they? While I understand what your saying, in all reality, there is no repercussions to 343 or MS because of this failed launch. By that I mean: Are you going to return your game because of this? Is anyone? Are you going to stop buying 343 or MS products because of how poorly this was delivered or handled? Is this lack of product quality going to amount to anything more than just some gamers complaining on the company's forums? They already have our money from buying the games. Are they gonna loose anything from this fiasco?

No. They may get some slightly bad press momentarily... but that is it. This is Halo. People aren't going to return their games. No one is going to boycott 343/MS until they commit to doing better. We are all just gonna raise hell until the issues are fixed, 343 is going to release another "Gosh we sure messed this up. You deserve better" statement, and we will all forget this ever happened. Until the next binary turd hits the shelves and we start comparing IT'S botched launch to "Man, this is almost as bad as when MCC launched"... and that is about it.

Once again, not trying to attack you or anything. In fact I agree with you. Unfortunately, the fact is, 343 and MS will walk away from this unscathed. Maybe a blip on some stocks but that is about it.
Agreed. But like I said before...343 has the choice to either be the company who finally killed Halo or to be the company who brought it back. I'm not seeing this from a business point of view. If I would be a developer, at the end of my career I'd rather say "I've made good money because I've made great games" than "I've made good money because I ripped people off"!
ixMyth wrote:

They gave us all DLC that H3 & H4 had seen (Map-pack wise) along with 2 complete other titles to play...

All these people whining about compensation... you paid the price of one game, and in return are getting 4. Granted, you may have to wait a few days to be able to fully access parts of it... but the fact remains.. For the amount of content this is providing us, a $60 price tag doesn't deserve any additional compensation ontop of it because servers are being wacky.
Not trying to fight with you or disagree or anything. I just feel that it should be stated that, yes, "you paid the price of one game, and in return are getting 4", but these are all old games that we have all played through before. There are shiny graphics, but there is no new story content, no new mechanics, or new guns, or new levels.

I am NOT saying your comment is wrong. I am just saying, I did not buy 4 NEW games for the price of 1. I bought 4 old games I had already play many times, mainly for the sake of having a combined multiplayer experience from all my favorite old maps.... and that is not working.
The only thing we should "want" from 343 is a working game. That's the only thing they owe us.

To request free DLC in a package that contains as much content as this is greedy, entitled behavior.

The concept of customer compensation does not apply in every scenario of displeasure.

Let them fix the game, then enjoy the game.

And if 343 WANTS to give us something extra because of our wait, then that's great, but that's up to them to decide. And even still, the labor in constructing some new DLC on top of the labor of fixing the game's problems isn't even worth it. I'd rather they focus that extra energy on making sure Halo 5 has a smooth release. If they were to decide to give us something, it shouldn't be too much... perhaps an extra achievement for our gamerscore, or an extra week for the beta. But regardless, we, as consumers, need to focus on the main issue: getting the game fixed and 100% playable.
ixMyth wrote:

See the problem is not just the server issues. To be honest, I pretty much expected connection issues since it's the first time Halo uses dedicated servers. The problem is that people are reporting problems with campaign, custom games and user interface. I'm not an expert, but I don't think that those are server related issues. To me it seems that 343 simply released another unfinished game (like they did with H4), especially considering the fact that you had to download a 15 GB patch!

To request free DLC in a package that contains as much content as this is greedy, entitled behavior.
Considering the fact that I paid about 500 bucks to be able to play this game I think it's needless to say that I don't appreciate being called greedy. That is a very rude statement. I tell you what's greedy...Charging 65 bucks for a game that doesn't work. Not providing enough server capacities for matchmaking to work. Not putting a second disc in the MCC case and instead letting people spend hours waiting to download a massive update. That's greedy.
I am not saying that 343 deserves slack or anything....

I am also not saying that we should receive any specific amount of monetary or product based compensation....

But....

Even 343 stated officially that, yes, we "Deserve Better"....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/11/12/343-industries-on-halo-the-master-chief-collection-you-deserve-better/
Jusoda wrote:
y0n4z wrote:

You guys heard about "Halo Championship Series" right? It's basically a new format for the pros to compete in (like MLG used to be). They said that H2A will be the game played in the Championship Series. Now, H2A currently has 3 maps that are fit for competitive play...Warlord, Lockdown and Shrine. I seriously doubt that the pros want to play Ascension or Zanzibar (or that people want to watch these maps played). That's why I thought that DLC is pretty much guaranteed.
I believe they will rely on the halo community to forge the rest of the anniversary maps. I read a thread where people were discussing forging the rest of the maps anniversary style. That'd be my guess
More H2A maps are a given, I just want them to give back all of our customization options.
Jusoda wrote:

Considering the fact that I paid about 500 bucks to be able to play this game I think it's needless to say that I don't appreciate being called greedy. That is a very rude statement. I tell you what's greedy...Charging 65 bucks for a game that doesn't work. Not providing enough server capacities for matchmaking to work. Not putting a second disc in the MCC case and instead letting people spend hours waiting to download a massive update. That's greedy.
Let's not exaggerate. There's a difference between something that's "broken" and something that "doesn't work." The game itself? Is broken. Meaning there are PLENTY of things that function properly, just not all.

And let's not forget that you're not paying 65 bucks for one game, but for four. Yes, we have to wait a bit before we can fully enjoy the game as it should be played, but let's not act like this whole thing was a big rip off. At the end of the day, what you're getting and will get is still worth it.

The issues at hand are going to be fixed. We don't know when exactly, but we know people at 343 and microsoft are working tirelessly to get everything functioning the way it should. And that's all we should really expect from them. So yes, requesting extra DLC can be considered greedy.

And in terms of the massive update, well, they told us ahead of time. A lot of us avoided that issue by pre-loading the game in advance. Not saying you HAD to do that, but the option was available to you and many others. It was an avoidable issue and there's really only so much complaining one can do about that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10