I am wondering if anybody else is tired of friendly fire on halo and bad spawns in Halo CE. Today I got banned twice for accidentally team killing, which I try my best not to do, first was on blood glutch when one person on my team got on my tank standing on top of it so any movement will kill them they did it three times and I reported them. Second was on Ice Fields I got into a tank and barely touch someone or didn’t aim right and someone spawn right in front of me the third time.
In terms of vehicle betrayals in CE on BTB, it's definitely frustrating given the horrendous spawn system CE has in place with teammates spawning in front of you on certain maps. As for friendly fire as a whole, I never want to part with it. It strikes a balance in game play that makes it so players have to actually think about the plays they make, rather than spam grenades/explosive weapons into rooms at enemies with teammates in proximity. Granted, some still do, there is generally hesitation.
I don't think friendly fire and spawns are something that should be altered in MCC because the classic games should have their characteristics preserved. But, I believe friendly fire should be removed for everything but ranked in Infinite and subsequent games.
With time you learn where to just be careful with vehicles. It sucks, but that’s Halo CE, it is the way it is because it was made almost 20 years ago. I feel like maybe they should just program it so that if you die within a second or two of spawning, it still counts as friendly fire, but doesn’t count towards a ban. I also think maybe the number of betrayals needs to be increased to five in Mahem games, considering how easy it is for grenades to go flying. The betrayal system wasn’t a part of the original game so I feel no attachment to how it works, adding some quality of life upgrades would be fine with most of the community I assume.
With time you learn where to just be careful with vehicles. It sucks, but that’s Halo CE, it is the way it is because it was made almost 20 years ago. I feel like maybe they should just program it so that if you die within a second or two of spawning, it still counts as friendly fire, but doesn’t count towards a ban. I also think maybe the number of betrayals needs to be increased to five in Mahem games, considering how easy it is for grenades to go flying. The betrayal system wasn’t a part of the original game so I feel no attachment to how it works, adding some quality of life upgrades would be fine with most of the community I assume.
Couldnt agree more my friend the game is so old obviously its going to have flawes but what you going to do its famous for a reason!
CE's spawning is awful, it makes it pretty annoying to play when I spawn in front of an enemy.
They definitely need to look into improving the spawns and sensitivity of vehicles when it comes to friendly fire, but I am totally against removing it from future titles. Having friendly fire forces you to think about your actions and be a bit more tactical, instead of running and gunning and shooting through your teammates to get a kill, a la Call of Duty.