Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Future of Ranked Playlists

OP Sinfvl

343 mentioned the idea of resetting ranks once again and I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this. From what I understand, ranks will be part of "seasons" where you try to reach 50 and then will be reset at the start of a new one. I personally feel that given the low population in ranked playlists (H3 Team Doubles especially) this can only work if ranking up becomes easier. It takes forever just to find matches and can take weeks just to even get your 50. 343 please consider making it easier to rank up, especially if it will be reset for new seasons. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Strongly agree, it's so tedious ranking up even if you win all your games it takes 200+ games. Either don't reset ranks or make it a lot easier to rank up / down.
I agree I don't want to play 200-500 games to get a 50. It makes me not play ranked as much at all. Especially in hardcore playlists. I just get bored of playing the same maps over again. It should take less games to rank up, especially since the games are older and a lot of people already are higher skilled players.
Giga wrote:
Strongly agree, it's so tedious ranking up even if you win all your games it takes 200+ games. Either don't reset ranks or make it a lot easier to rank up / down.
Big facts brother.
I really wish they made it like Halo 3 360 where you could skip ranks if you played with higher ranks and beat high ranks. This whole static ranking system where you have to go through each rank is so lame. It makes finding games a lot harder since people also have to progress through every rank.
Slim Haley wrote:
I really wish they made it like Halo 3 360 where you could skip ranks if you played with higher ranks and beat high ranks. This whole static ranking system where you have to go through each rank is so lame. It makes finding games a lot harder since people also have to progress through every rank.
Yeah exactly. That and the fact that you're basically playing 50 high once you get past level 20.