Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game Completion XP Jackpots

OP clutchrageous

Quitters are a major issue plaguing MCC's already modest-sized playerbase. I suggest a re-introduction of the Halo:Reach credit jackpot system. Here's how it works:

Complete games without quitting to earn random XP payouts - every game has a payout for every player that stays until the end; the more games you play without quitting, the higher your chances of receiving a massive XP jackpot after a match.

The new Tour System has plenty of XP headroom to allow for this addition. Bonus points to 343 if Jackpots are larger and/or more frequent in Ranked playlists to boost the population.

Thoughts?
That would be pretty awesome to see honestly. I'm not sure how far it would affect the amount of quitters playing the game though, but it would definitely give people an incentive not too, I agree that it is a horrible issue. Just yesterday me and my friend played a match where half of our team and half of the enemy team left.
I honestly believe they need to try positive feedback in addition to the current temp-ban system to attempt to tackle the issue. Something needs to be done, imo
I've also noticed this problem, lately.
I hope 343 considers an idea like this one.

It'd be a nice and well-needed addition. :)
Quitters are a major issue plaguing MCC's already modest-sized playerbase. I suggest a re-introduction of the Halo:Reach credit jackpot system. Here's how it works:

Complete games without quitting to earn random XP payouts - every game has a payout for every player that stays until the end; the more games you play without quitting, the higher your chances of receiving a massive XP jackpot after a match.

The new Tour System has plenty of XP headroom to allow for this addition. Bonus points to 343 if Jackpots are larger and/or more frequent in Ranked playlists to boost the population.

Thoughts?
I love this idea. Great way to positively influence people to stay. One thing I see as an issue is that XP stops carrying much weight after players complete the first 100 levels. Perhaps in tandem with the bonus payouts, 343i could add in random SP rewards as well.
tuhin94 wrote:
I love this idea. Great way to positively influence people to stay. One thing I see as an issue is that XP stops carrying much weight after players complete the first 100 levels. Perhaps in tandem with the bonus payouts, 343i could add in random SP rewards as well.
I like this idea! It was sort of jarring for me as a player to hit lv100 and not earn anymore season points (SP), while still have 2 seasons worth of content to unlock.

My other idea for additional avenues to SP was to have a repeatable Weekly Challenge that earns 1SP. Something simple like 'Complete 10-20 Missions/ Games'
I suggested this awhile ago and I agree. As long as the system is communicated to players well I think it's a good idea
My issue is that frequent quitters might just be more inclined to use AFK cheats and stay stuck on your team for the entire match. Implementing an active AFK ban sysyem would be pretty much impossible due to the older games' code, and unfortunately reporting AFK cheaters on Xbox Live is completely useless. But I like the general idea for sure.