Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Getting matchmaking times down

OP YamaMX

Kind of at a loss here, but would like to provide some feedback as well as hear from others. When the update went live we had 5 or so playlists, small selections but fast matchmaking times. I got a few friends to purchase the game and/or game pass due to this. We hopped on a week after the update and the under a minute intermissions turned into 5-10 minutes at times. We are trying to play very normal playlists like H2A Arena, H3 Arena and H2C Arena.

I absolutely adore 1-50 ranking, it's what makes Halo out to be Halo. But let's be honest, the population here is hurting. There's almost nothing to achieve when you can't even find matches at higher numbers, you're achieving a waste of time spent listening to lobby music more than playing the game. As abysmal as it sounds and it irks me, as I love them, would removing ranks be a legitimate answer? Favor connection based matchmaking and let everyone go at it. Sure there will be some uneven matches, but it'll be constant games all the same. Stick in the room for a rematch, leave for a new matchmaking pairing. It would allow us to continually play the game quickly. I'm a bit older now, I get on for an hour and change, not creature sessions anymore. I like to utilize my time playing, not waiting.

Secondly, do we minimize some of these playlists? The entire offering seems sloppily thrown together. It's a mess weeding through them honestly and looks unappealing. How about select the game, then select the playlist you'd like to play. Keep the offerings basic so there's more players being pulled. It's an impossible task and I'm far from complaining, I for one am thankful they kept at it. But it definitely needs to be assessed after the initial player count jump starts to dwindle, which seemingly it already has, in addition to being spread far too thin via an immense amount of playlists.
And yet there have been dozens of posts with people asking to change the playlists in order to actually increase how many there are.. smh.

Where are you located?
Do you think your wait times are region based or rank based?
AshamanND wrote:
And yet there have been dozens of posts with people asking to change the playlists in order to actually increase how many there are.. smh.

Where are you located?
Do you think your wait times are region based or rank based?
Thanks, forgot to add that to the OP. I’m in Los Angeles and my buds NYC, so doubtful it’s region. We’re both in very populated areas with good connections.