Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Going for 100% MCC - Any Tips or Tricks?

OP Maxx Foxxx

I have been going for 100% achievements for MCC the last couple of days. Trying to get it done before Halo Infinite comes out. Have any of you tried or completed MCC 100%?
Right now, I have been slowly going through this guide - Steam Community :: Guide :: Halo: MCC - 100% Achievement Guide

Any other Tips, Tricks or guides out there?
Any chance you want to go for Deja Vu and Annual?
I'm currently at 688/700 and have a lot of experience, happy to help/give advice if you help me with Deja Vu and Annual.
Go on Trueachievemts.com . Best site you are looking for guides to complete this game (and any other)
If you are wanting to beat the LASO playlists, I would recommend following Halo Completionist’s guides on YouTube. They really help get you through some of the more difficult levels.
As someone who had got 100% on MCC, I would say be prepared to play the campaigns many many times to the point at which it becomes a chore. Also be prepared for the pain that is laso and halo 2 speedrunning. I would also echo the above and say trueachievements is the best website out there for achievement hunting.
YouTube will be your best friend for the gut wrenching tough under three hour legendary speed runs and LASO achievements.
Basically youtube guides. Only ones I have left are the two 4 player achievements.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Basically youtube guides. Only ones I have left are the two 4 player achievements.
Want to join us for Deja Vu and Annual?
My main tip is to start with th easier achievements (Eastern Egg, Par Time, Par Score, Collectibles and similar) in order to get a better overview over the achievements the remains.

Other than that, I would wish you good luck on the journey to obtain all 700 of the MCC achievements.
Definitely agree with above. I'm currently 4 achievements off of 700 and I highly recommend getting the easy achievements out of the way as they make up the bulk of the 700

Make sure you read the multiplayer achievements as well because a lot of them can be done in Custom Games, such as winning 500 games
I have 100% achievement on all Halo games on Steam-
  • Halo MCC
  • Halo Wars 1
  • Spartan Strike
  • Spartan Assault
Let me know if y'all need any help!
GT: J0K3R 913
Maxx Foxxx wrote:
I have been going for 100% achievements for MCC the last couple of days. Trying to get it done before Halo Infinite comes out. Have any of you tried or completed MCC 100%?
Right now, I have been slowly going through this guide - Steam Community :: Guide :: Halo: MCC - 100% Achievement Guide

Any other Tips, Tricks or guides out there?
I finished my 100% of MCC’s achievements back in about January of 2020. I made a AMA thread a while after (linked), no need to respond to it at this point but it may be worth a read.

Tips really depend on what you’re working towards to be honest.

If you’re planning to do LASO & Speedruns I recommend watching guides from HaloCompletionist & NakedEli. I used a mixture of their techniques. Take a lot of time to practice & execute but it can be done.
You’ll want to use those Speedrun strategies in LASO too, they’ll save you a lot of time and pain from fighting.

Halo 2 LASO on the Gravemind mission has a trick called the “prison skip” practice this to a tee - you need it for LASO. It’s almost impossible to beat that mission LASO without it due to the detection range on enemies, as soon as you come down that lift normally you will be dead before touching the ground.
I can't even imagine doing one game LASO, let alone all of them ha.
Thanks for the tips mates, Duly noted!
Hey if this is for Xbox and you haven’t gotten enough players add me -kingizo117 pretty experience player and if you have gotten it keep going! 👍🏻