Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Great Halo 1,2,3,4 Memories 454C435249

OP Sec3OP36516

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
can someone help me understand what all there streams of numbers and letters are?

ex:
=UWt1RHdkRrUkWpMFVUVkTcRELtY1VYpkJWl0VRZ0KD9FKRRlUqUkRXZ0XRpiVaV1ItY1VYpFVqMFVkEVVBtzI/QyQYpVJG90SWNFJT1UTWRyUaRSUaV1WYV

That is what is known as base64. There is a message encoded inside it, but it's not straight forward to pull out the information.

The resulting message from that base64 code is:
Quote:
SURFACE IS NOTHING, TRUE VALUE IS NOT EASILY WON, TRUST NO ONE... BUT LEARN WHEN TO TRUST

For anyone curious about the steps involved:
  • Reverse base64, decode to get hexadecimal values
  • Take hex and reverse it
  • Take resulting text, reverse it and take hexadecimal values
  • Final step involves shifting the hex using a specific pattern - [3,6,5,1,6]
If you're looking for a few resources to try and follow along, here are a few websites you can try :)
You can always stop by our IRC channel as well. Always people in there, but not always active
Halo 3 Legendary Coop with speedrunners. It's just so good compared to ODST/Reach/4 Coop, a really good experience if the others know what they're doing.

Learning how to sword fly in Halo 2 was a drag but it was awesome pulling it off for the first time.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Halo 1 and 2, the good ol Xbox Classics
Using any and all exploits available to get out of the map with my friends in Halo 3's campaign. When we were younger, we had somehow convinced ourselves that there might be a hidden, flyable Pelican somewhere in the game. I'm afraid to know how many hours we spent searching every nook and cranny for that damn thing. Good times.
halo 4 it was the first game I played from launch in my entire life, it was the first not dead halo title I got to play with a large friends group, its story made me cry, I excelled at the MP (which previously was not true), I started and ended my first clan and most importantly I argued about canon and gameplay almost every time I played also so far its the last game I have been able to play for weeks on end and might just be the last and I wouldn't take that back.
Halo 1.- See Keyes in a flood form.
Halo 2.- When the Gravemnd gaught a phrofet.
Halo3 .- The Pillar of autum
Halo 4.- When you leave cortana in the Didact's ship :'(
Gafiltha wrote:
Halo 1 and 2, the good ol Xbox Classics
Yes, at least for me, thay are the two best ones.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
¬u¬
Driving to get away from the exploding arc was so much fun.
Blah blah post
I have nothing to say
doing wheelies in the warthog
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

This post has been hidden.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8