Skip to main content
Why? Why is it there still so much grinding, to unlock anything, in Reach. Without getting into the false "choices" presented as unlocking things in a predetermined order, but still having to spend "credits" on the next tier (how is it a tier, if it's just one thing, anyway?), it still takes a ridiculously long time to reach a new (out of how many, again?) level. It always took way too long to unlock things in Reach, and now it's just more annoying. You had a great opportunity to fix one of the most frustrating things in this game, but made it worse.
I personally think it's to condition us for Micro-transactions and In-Game Currency
I personally think it's to condition us for Micro-transactions and In-Game Currency
Halo: The Master Chief Collection will never have microtransactions. This has been confirmed by 343i.
Why? Why is it there still so much grinding, to unlock anything, in Reach. Without getting into the false "choices" presented as unlocking things in a predetermined order, but still having to spend "credits" on the next tier (how is it a tier, if it's just one thing, anyway?), it still takes a ridiculously long time to reach a new (out of how many, again?) level. It always took way too long to unlock things in Reach, and now it's just more annoying. You had a great opportunity to fix one of the most frustrating things in this game, but made it worse.
I feel it's because 343i have no clue that most gamers hate it since the grind has been forced since the original Reach and 4/5, they just want to prolong their games plus there isn't enough 'Reach' unlocks yet in MCC to warrant having a shorter unlock system at the moment. Plus there's supposed to be alternative 'challenge' unlock system at a later date for season 2+ so I guess it wouldn't be too bad later on and I suspect by then I'd probably might already have completed season 1.
I don’t think it’s that bad at all. In OG Reach you had to play 100 days of in game time in order to reach the max rank of Inheritor. Whereas in MCC Reach you only need to clock in 80-100 hours of in game time and we even have double xp weekends on occasion. I never got to Inheritor on OG Reach but on MCC I’m about to hit 100 and we’re only a month in the Tier system.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection will never have microtransactions. This has been confirmed by 343i.
I think the conditioning the community to the battlepass format would be certainly be aimed at the infinite release , thus then allowing for a free to play model to be easily implemented into the game pass subscription system with execeptiinal ease . ( not unlike gears 5 ) , get out your wallets kids
MaidPots wrote:
I don’t think it’s that bad at all. In OG Reach you had to play 100 days of in game time in order to reach the max rank of Inheritor. Whereas in MCC Reach you only need to clock in 80-100 hours of in game time and we even have double xp weekends on occasion. I never got to Inheritor on OG Reach but on MCC I’m about to hit 100 and we’re only a month in the Tier system.
Exactly i dont understand the complains. Im already into the 70 tiers so ranking up to get the armors isnt that hard. Unless you dont have much time to play ofcourse. My personal favorite helmet is the security variant which is the 99th thier. It takes time but i prefer it above getting it without doing anything. For infinite anyway i would prefer to see a system like reach had since mcc and halo 5 arent the greatest rank up systems for halo (im inheritor on og reach bit i dont mind the grind in mcc)
The grind really isn't that bad. Especially with all the double XP that 343 has been giving out. If you compare it to how the old halo reach ranking system was the grind is a lot shorter. Also, you have the pleasure of playing any halo game you want to rank up. If you're looking for the fastest way to rank up try halo one 4v4 slayer. Lots of medals and the games go fast. You could also try halo 4 big team, but the games in halo one go a lot faster.
The grind really isn't that bad. Especially with all the double XP that 343 has been giving out. If you compare it to how the old halo reach ranking system was the grind is a lot shorter. Also, you have the pleasure of playing any halo game you want to rank up. If you're looking for the fastest way to rank up try halo one 4v4 slayer. Lots of medals and the games go fast. You could also try halo 4 big team, but the games in halo one go a lot faster.
I feel without the Double XP the leveling up feels like it takes too long (specifically the 20-30 levels per tier.) And unfortunately Double XP ends tomorrow.

Assuming 343i is basing their Seasons off Fortnite's Battle Pass system, hopefully that means the final week will also yield Double XP, as Fortnite's Battle Passes always have a catch up period at the end of a season.
I'm close to the end for getting all the armour and even with double xp it gets stupid grindy (Just got gold visor). I like the concept of grinding for things but I feel this would have been better if there was new things to unlock alongside the armour like nameplates, avatars to just get the game going and it not feeling like your only unlocking things most people have technically unlocked before.

Without double xp though it is waaaaaay to grindy and just makes playing the game a chore.
JB Linken wrote:
I feel without the Double XP the leveling up feels like it takes too long (specifically the 20-30 levels per tier.) And unfortunately Double XP ends tomorrow.

Assuming 343i is basing their Seasons off Fortnite's Battle Pass system, hopefully that means the final week will also yield Double XP, as Fortnite's Battle Passes always have a catch up period at the end of a season.
Oh yeah, they will for sure have another double XP before the next season. Also, seasons never end they just add more. So there's no rush in finishing a season.
eh grinding a bit for armor is fine. I think it was much harder in the og reach. There is so much game variety and from what I can tell the hardest level to get to is 29 or 30 After that you start over, but you get more credits per game completion so if you can get to 30 you can just do it 2 -3 more times more easily to get everything. Unless I've miss understood something.
I'm close to the end for getting all the armour and even with double xp it gets stupid grindy (Just got gold visor). I like the concept of grinding for things but I feel this would have been better if there was new things to unlock alongside the armour like nameplates, avatars to just get the game going and it not feeling like your only unlocking things most people have technically unlocked before.

Without double xp though it is waaaaaay to grindy and just makes playing the game a chore.
I love the "feels like a chore argument," I mean we've all been grinding mcc since 2014 for no rewards but simply the enjoyment of the game. Kind of makes the feels like a chore statement seem rather absurd ,
MaidPots wrote:
MaidPots wrote:
Exactly i dont understand the complains. Im already into the 70 tiers so ranking up to get the armors isnt that hard. Unless you dont have much time to play ofcourse. My personal favorite helmet is the security variant which is the 99th thier. It takes time but i prefer it above getting it without doing anything. For infinite anyway i would prefer to see a system like reach had since mcc and halo 5 arent the greatest rank up systems for halo (im inheritor on og reach bit i dont mind the grind in mcc)
That's the problem. Not everyone has a ton of time to play. Double XP weekends mean absolutely nothing, if you can't take advantage of them. It'd be a little different if (like in the original) you could choose things to unlock. (granted, yes, there were level requirements for some items, but you weren't stuck going in order) They don't let you do that, though. At least, in Halo 4, it didn't take forever and there was a way to grind, that was fun.
JB Linken wrote:

Oh yeah, they will for sure have another double XP before the next season. Also, seasons never end they just add more. So there's no rush in finishing a season.
That's true, but as it stands the only way to earn Season points is by leveling up, earning one point at a time. I know they have stated challenges will be implemented later, which may invalidate my concern, but what I am thinking is if you don't finish a season you will be "perpetually behind."

I think their system with the ability to buy anything from any season is amazing and I am grateful as someone with limited free time - however, I also would like to acquire everything I can haha. Perhaps I am looking at it all the wrong way, but nevertheless you are right there is no real pressure to finish the Season by a certain date unlike other games.