Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Guys, what's your favourite arena?

OP CoffeeRug82743

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
hey guys, since getting this game for my birthday ive realy enjoyed playing it!

but what is your favourite arena to fight in? i like the one inside the big tree because your have those jump pads that let you jump really high! and i like the small pink arena to, because i can get lots of punch kills in that and i can ambush people in it with my gorilla worfare style tactics! i also like the big bridge one, because there a really big jump pad and i can fly across the arena!

i also like the small one with the four bases but it has lots of green doorways between them on the floor. I think its my favourite because you can go through them doorways and keep going to different arenas with more people fighting! ive even seen people come in to my arena from them, it crazy how many arenas are through the other doorways too! i do like the small snowy arena with the turrets, thats also cool to!

so which are your favorite arenas guys?
Guardian.
If we're talking strictly arena-style maps...

Halo CE: Wizard
Halo 2: Lockout
Halo 3: Guardian
Halo 4: Haven

Those aren't my favorite maps, but they're my favorite arena maps for Halo 1 - 4 (MCC).
Are you talking about the maps?
HC Lasky wrote:

Those aren't my favorite maps, but they're my favorite arena maps for Halo 1 - 4 (MCC).
They sound cool! i dont think ive played those one but i dont remember names! im starting to like the big arenas too, i like the big in the snowy canyon and the big army tanks on each base, and theres an intense trench in the middle. its perfect for my gorilla style warfare tactcs!
BxSouIjah wrote:
maps? do you mean the arenas you play in during multplayer? i guess you mean the same thing :)
HC Lasky wrote:

They sound cool! i dont think ive played those one but i dont remember names! im starting to like the big arenas too, i like the big in the snowy canyon and the big army tanks on each base, and theres an intense trench in the middle. its perfect for my gorilla style warfare tactcs!
BxSouIjah wrote:
maps? do you mean the arenas you play in during multplayer? i guess you mean the same thing :)
For more old school Halo's, maps and arenas are technically two different things. An arena is usually a smaller map, typically without vehicles and not many weapon pick ups. A normal map is bigger than an arena map, and is the opposite, having vehicles, more weapon variety, etc.

So that's why when I replied, I made sure I listed my arena-only choices, and not maps in general. I think that's what BxSouljah is asking in regards to your question; if you mean arena style maps only, or maps in general.
HC Lasky wrote:
HC Lasky wrote:

BxSouIjah wrote:
For more old school Halo's, maps and arenas are technically two different things. An arena is usually a smaller map, typically without vehicles and not many weapon pick ups. A normal map is bigger than an arena map, and is the opposite, having vehicles, more weapon variety, etc.

So that's why when I replied, I made sure I listed my arena-only choices, and not maps in general. I think that's what BxSouljah is asking in regards to your question; if you mean arena style maps only, or maps in general.
Oh, sorry guys! I think we mean the same thing. I mean big and small alike. Theyre called maps? Okay! :) still new to xbox guys :D
It's nice to see new players who are enthusiastic for Halo. For reference, as others have said, they are called maps, not arenas. Some of my favorite maps include Beaver Creek, Midship, Last Resort, Lockout, Blackout, and Haven.
HC Lasky wrote:
HC Lasky wrote:

BxSouIjah wrote:

Oh, sorry guys! I think we mean the same thing. I mean big and small alike. Theyre called maps? Okay! :) still new to xbox guys :D
It's all good!

Now that you mean favorite maps in general, my answer is as follows:
Halo CE: Blood Gulch
Halo 2: Terminal
Halo 3: High Ground
Halo 4: Harvest
Halo 5: Molten
Halo Reach: Condemned
I take it you're a big fan of man cannons, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

You spend enough time in this franchise, and you'll learn all the Halo words. Just you wait.
I take it you're a big fan of gravity lifts, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

You spend enough time in this franchise, and you'll learn all the Halo words. Just you wait.
Now, now, we can't all be sniping semi-pros. Whatever that means.
I take it you're a big fan of gravity lifts, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

Actually, he's referring to Man Cannons, as there are no Grav Lifts on Guardian or Narrow - and the words were "fly across the arena", not "jump real high". But spend enough time reading forums, and you'll learn context. Just you wait.

Also, what is the criteria to qualify as a Sniper "semi-pro"?

Also, your profile is a lie. You haven't completed all games on Legendary. Not solo, at least.

Actually, he's referring to Man Cannons, as there are no Grav Lifts on Guardian or Narrow - and the words were "fly across the arena", not "jump real high". But spend enough time reading forums, and you'll learn context. Just you wait.

I knew I mixed up man cannons and gravity lifts, I just couldn't think of the term 'man cannon' while writing that comment. I'll fix that if it makes you feel better.

I am a sniper 'semi pro' because my gamertag has the words 'super' and 'sniper' in it. I unfortunately overestimated my skill as a sniper, so therefore my gtag is a lie. It would be kind of dumb to look at a profile who's gtag claims to be good at sniping only to find that he isn't very good at all, so I called my skill level 'semi-pro,' which pretty much means I'm an average sniper. It's a joke. I'm making fun of my own gtag.

I have beaten all the campaigns on Legendary. You must be referring to my CE and (I think) H4 records. You're right, I didn't beat them all solo, some missions I did co-op. The site doesn't register campaign completions if you do some of them solo and some co-op, but I completed the campaigns as an accumulation of both, so it technically counts.
CE: Chill Out
H2: Lockout
H3: The Pit
H4: Abandon

I knew I mixed up man cannons and gravity lifts, I just couldn't think of the term 'man cannon' while writing that comment. I'll fix that if it makes you feel better.

I am a sniper 'semi pro' because my gamertag has the words 'super' and 'sniper' in it. I unfortunately overestimated my skill as a sniper, so therefore my gtag is a lie. It would be kind of dumb to look at a profile who's gtag claims to be good at sniping only to find that he isn't very good at all, so I called my skill level 'semi-pro,' which pretty much means I'm an average sniper. It's a joke. I'm making fun of my own gtag.

I have beaten all the campaigns on Legendary. You must be referring to my CE and (I think) H4 records. You're right, I didn't beat them all solo, some missions I did co-op. The site doesn't register campaign completions if you do some of them solo and some co-op, but I completed the campaigns as an accumulation of both, so it technically counts.
So, even though you knew you didn't know the correct terminology, you still decided it would be best to belittle somebody?

"Semi-pro" doesn't mean average. It's actually vastly above average. A semi-pro would mop the floor with 99.99% of the original Halo 3 population.

And in regards to campaign completions, you didn't do them all solo so YOU technically didn't do them, a team did. Gotta get to work, bud.

So, even though you knew you didn't know the correct terminology, you still decided it would be best to belittle somebody?

"Semi-pro" doesn't mean average. It's actually vastly above average. A semi-pro would mop the floor with 99.99% of the original Halo 3 population.

And in regards to campaign completions, you didn't do them all solo so YOU technically didn't do them, a team did. Gotta get to work, bud.
Whatever floats your boat, dude. I'm not going to change every little thing to fit in to your perfect world where no one makes mistakes in their grammer.
Guardian for sure but that's in Halo 3
I have to revisit the other games to know.
Halo 1 for sure battle creek

Whatever floats your boat, dude. I'm not going to change every little thing to fit in to your perfect world where no one makes mistakes in their grammer.
I'm not criticising your grammar. I said you technically didn't complete the campaigns, a team did. And declaring yourself a "semi-pro" isn't a grammatical error.

I did, however, criticise your belittling demeanor to someone who is quite obviously new to H:MCC, probably even XBL, in the hypocritical act of not even getting it right yourself. To be quite honest, your arrogance is appalling, and you should apologise for being so offensive to him. It's people like you who repel newcomers.

This guy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2