Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Guys, what's your favourite arena?

OP CoffeeRug82743

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I take it you're a big fan of gravity lifts, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

You spend enough time in this franchise, and you'll learn all the Halo words. Just you wait.
Actually, he's referring to Man Cannons, as there are no Grav Lifts on Guardian or Narrow - and the words were "fly across the arena", not "jump real high". But spend enough time reading forums, and you'll learn context. Just you wait.

Also, what is the criteria to qualify as a Sniper "semi-pro"?
I knew I mixed up man cannons and gravity lifts, I just couldn't think of the term 'man cannon' while writing that comment. I'll fix that if it makes you feel better.

I am a sniper 'semi pro' because my gamertag has the words 'super' and 'sniper' in it. I unfortunately overestimated my skill as a sniper, so therefore my gtag is a lie. It would be kind of dumb to look at a profile who's gtag claims to be good at sniping only to find that he isn't very good at all, so I called my skill level 'semi-pro,' which pretty much means I'm an average sniper. It's a joke. I'm making fun of my own gtag.

I have beaten all the campaigns on Legendary. You must be referring to my CE and (I think) H4 records. You're right, I didn't beat them all solo, some missions I did co-op. The site doesn't register campaign completions if you do some of them solo and some co-op, but I completed the campaigns as an accumulation of both, so it technically counts.
So, even though you knew you didn't know the correct terminology, you still decided it would be best to belittle somebody?

"Semi-pro" doesn't mean average. It's actually vastly above average. A semi-pro would mop the floor with 99.99% of the original Halo 3 population.

And in regards to campaign completions, you didn't do them all solo so YOU technically didn't do them, a team did. Gotta get to work, bud.
Whatever floats your boat, dude. I'm not going to change every little thing to fit in to your perfect world where no one makes mistakes in their grammer.
I'm not criticising your grammar. I said you technically didn't complete the campaigns, a team did. And declaring yourself a "semi-pro" isn't a grammatical error.

I did, however, criticise your belittling demeanor to someone who is quite obviously new to H:MCC, probably even XBL, in the hypocritical act of not even getting it right yourself. To be quite honest, your arrogance is appalling, and you should apologise for being so offensive to him. It's people like you who repel newcomers.
My arrogance is appalling....I repel newcomers......?

Don't tell me you've never made this mistake. I fixed my comment the first time you quoted me, that should be apology enough. I don't see YOU writing anything productive or positive, just bashing me about how I'm wrong and you're right, and even bringing my profile and service record into this! Just let the damn thing go!

You could have politely told me that I made a mistake, and I would have replied with, 'Whoops! Sorry about that!' But instead you had to take the more aggressive approach, saying, 'That's the wrong term, your profile bio is confusing and false, and you didn't really beat every game on Legendary, you're an arrogant @$$hole!'

I hate how everyone overreacts to my comments and take them as direct insults! I AM NOT ARROGANT! IT WAS A SIMPLE MISTAKE AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO CHECK MY FACTS NEXT TIME!

Now let's stop talking about this before the mods lock the post for going off topic. Then we'd BOTH be to blame for repelling newcomers.
I take it you're a big fan of man cannons, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

You spend enough time in this franchise, and you'll learn all the Halo words. Just you wait.
im sory, i dont no the names. im new to game. you dont have to be so meen
I take it you're a big fan of man cannons, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

It's okay buddy, you're new. These mistakes happen. If you need someone to team with, hit me up for campaign or multiplayer :)
I take it you're a big fan of gravity lifts, those "jump pads that make you jump real high."

Actually, he's referring to Man Cannons, as there are no Grav Lifts on Guardian or Narrow - and the words were "fly across the arena", not "jump real high". But spend enough time reading forums, and you'll learn context. Just you wait.

I knew I mixed up man cannons and gravity lifts, I just couldn't think of the term 'man cannon' while writing that comment. I'll fix that if it makes you feel better.

I am a sniper 'semi pro' because my gamertag has the words 'super' and 'sniper' in it. I unfortunately overestimated my skill as a sniper, so therefore my gtag is a lie. It would be kind of dumb to look at a profile who's gtag claims to be good at sniping only to find that he isn't very good at all, so I called my skill level 'semi-pro,' which pretty much means I'm an average sniper. It's a joke. I'm making fun of my own gtag.

I have beaten all the campaigns on Legendary. You must be referring to my CE and (I think) H4 records. You're right, I didn't beat them all solo, some missions I did co-op. The site doesn't register campaign completions if you do some of them solo and some co-op, but I completed the campaigns as an accumulation of both, so it technically counts.
So, even though you knew you didn't know the correct terminology, you still decided it would be best to belittle somebody?

"Semi-pro" doesn't mean average. It's actually vastly above average. A semi-pro would mop the floor with 99.99% of the original Halo 3 population.

And in regards to campaign completions, you didn't do them all solo so YOU technically didn't do them, a team did. Gotta get to work, bud.
Whatever floats your boat, dude. I'm not going to change every little thing to fit in to your perfect world where no one makes mistakes in their grammer.
I'm not criticising your grammar. I said you technically didn't complete the campaigns, a team did. And declaring yourself a "semi-pro" isn't a grammatical error.

I did, however, criticise your belittling demeanor to someone who is quite obviously new to H:MCC, probably even XBL, in the hypocritical act of not even getting it right yourself. To be quite honest, your arrogance is appalling, and you should apologise for being so offensive to him. It's people like you who repel newcomers.
My arrogance is appalling....I repel newcomers......?

Don't tell me you've never made this mistake. I fixed my comment the first time you quoted me, that should be apology enough. I don't see YOU writing anything productive or positive, just bashing me about how I'm wrong and you're right, and even bringing my profile and service record into this! Just let the damn thing go!

You could have politely told me that I made a mistake, and I would have replied with, 'Whoops! Sorry about that!' But instead you had to take the more aggressive approach, saying, 'That's the wrong term, your profile bio is confusing and false, and you didn't really beat every game on Legendary, you're an arrogant @$$hole!'

I hate how everyone overreacts to my comments and take them as direct insults! I AM NOT ARROGANT! IT WAS A SIMPLE MISTAKE AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO CHECK MY FACTS NEXT TIME!

Now let's stop talking about this before the mods lock the post for going off topic. Then we'd BOTH be to blame for repelling newcomers.
Yes. Your blatant belittlement of an obvious newcomer to Halo. That's the attitude that repels newcomers.

And no, I don't think I've made the mistake of blatant belittlement while getting it completely wrong, myself. I always double-check myself when calling someone out. But to a blatant newcomer, was it really necessary? And the comment oozed arrogance.

I wasn't the first to mention your profile, by the way.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show

Yes. Your blatant belittlement of an obvious newcomer to Halo. That's the attitude that repels newcomers.

And no, I don't think I've made the mistake of blatant belittlement while getting it completely wrong, myself. I always double-check myself when calling someone out. But to a blatant newcomer, was it really necessary? And the comment oozed arrogance.

I wasn't the first to mention your profile, by the way.
Judging by your response to Coffee, I don’t think I’m the hopeless one.
Halo CE: Wizard
Halo 2: Lockout
Halo 3: Guardian
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show

that was a strange response. but okay.

what is your favourite arena?

It's okay buddy, you're new. These mistakes happen. If you need someone to team with, hit me up for campaign or multiplayer :)
thank you. i may need help with the campane :D

that was a strange response. but okay.

what is your favourite arena?
Thank you. I actually intended to sound strange that time, as well as over-exaggerated.

In CE my favorite map is Longest. If you're lucky, you can play it in the Team Slayer playlist, where it's extremely obvious the map is too small for 4v4 combat. Combine that with the overpowered pistols and massive explosions from grenades, and you got yourself some beautiful chaos!

I don't know about H2, all the maps seem tainted in some way, but in H2 Anniversary my favorite is Remnant. It's the best map for attack/defense gametypes like 1-bomb and 1-flag. I just wish it showed up on rotation as much as it used to....

For H3 it's any map that contains at least two brute shots. Brute shots are the best, and every map would be stale without them.

All H4 maps are the same in a way, since there are almost no weapons scattered around the map for you to find, but I'll say Haven is the best. I don't know why I like it, it's just better than the others somehow....
The pit and high ground
  • Prisoner from Combat Evolved
  • Midship from Halo 2
  • Guardian from Halo 3
  • No Halo 4 maps really give me that "arena" feel since they're just mostly symmetrical with no choke-points and sprint ruins the Halo-y feel of the gameplay.
HC Lasky wrote:
If we're talking strictly arena-style maps...

Halo CE: Wizard
Halo 2: Lockout
Halo 3: Guardian
Halo 4: Haven

Those aren't my favorite maps, but they're my favorite arena maps for Halo 1 - 4 (MCC).
Patrician taste, my friend.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2