Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

H2A is so great..even the racing..

OP LethalQ

Ah what could have been had 343 did the right thing and had only made H2A instead of making MCC. We definitely need more original H2 maps remastered but I also would love to see more H2A race tracks. I have never really liked racing in Halo until the H2A tracks....tough but fun once you get the hang of them. Wish more would play more H2A, especially FFA game types.
Wait so you would prefer to have a better version of h2a instead of CE, 2, 2a, 3, 3 odst, 4, and Reach?
Not sure how that makes much sense unless you actually despise all the original Halos.
I think the idea is that, knowing how MCC turned out initially, they believe doing a full H2A multiplayer alongside the campaign would have been a better idea instead of the botched launch of MCC. At least, that's the impression I get. I highly doubt it's because they despise the other games.
Yeah Halo 4 2.0 is great, still prefer Halo 2 classic though
Enroj wrote:
Wait so you would prefer to have a better version of h2a instead of CE, 2, 2a, 3, 3 odst, 4, and Reach?
Not sure how that makes much sense unless you actually despise all the original Halos.
Yes I would especially since odds are a stand alone H2A game probably would have worked right from launch and had it had issues it would have been way easier to fix rather than trying to fix the entire collection. I bet there would be way more people playing Halo now had the game worked well from launch rather than them taking years to make MCC work well enough to play.
Actually forgot there was a race game-type in H2A, would be nice to see it in matchmaking again, I know multi team had rocket race with H2A in it.
Broey Broe wrote:
Actually forgot there was a race game-type in H2A, would be nice to see it in matchmaking again, I know multi team had rocket race with H2A in it.
The race is in matchmaking still. It comes up in FFA action sack game type.
LethalQ wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh never noticed that haha, guess I gotta search some more FFA then.
Broey Broe wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh never noticed that haha, guess I gotta search some more FFA then.
Yeah unfortunately FFA isn't as popular as it was back in the day. Matchmaking can be really really slow if at all outside of peak times.
You know, as great as it is to have all the games working so well now, I don't think this was their original plan. It is clear 343i thought it would be simple enough to include all the other games alongside H2A, but they took on way too much. I agree, it would have been awesome to have 100% of their resources dedicated to creating the best H2A possible. H2 is probably the purest MP game and the Anniversary maps make the experience even better, with more geometry, beautiful graphics, and enhancements like the Hornet and EMP on Bloodline. Great stuff. But hey, at least we have every Halo game enhanced and part of the most current generation of gaming.
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Yes I would especially since odds are a stand alone H2A game probably would have worked right from launch and had it had issues it would have been way easier to fix rather than trying to fix the entire collection. I bet there would be way more people playing Halo now had the game worked well from launch rather than them taking years to make MCC work well enough to play.
I repsect your opinion but no way would there be more people playing if it was just h2a, even if it worked perfectly from the get go. Heck I wouldn't have even bought a stand alone h2a game, let alone played it much past the initial release.
Enroj wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
I repsect your opinion but no way would there be more people playing if it was just h2a, even if it worked perfectly from the get go. Heck I wouldn't have even bought a stand alone h2a game, let alone played it much past the initial release.
Well you would be missing out on probably the best Halo of the series. H2 was just awesome and H2A has been a great addition. It's sad to see it so neglected.
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Well you would be missing out on probably the best Halo of the series. H2 was just awesome and H2A has been a great addition. It's sad to see it so neglected.
I seriously can't believe the posts on this forum these days. H2A is a buggy, rubbish piece of Halo 4 DLC. If anything, 343i/MS should have discarded H2A and focused on getting the ported games actually working correctly.
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
I seriously can't believe the posts on this forum these days. H2A is a buggy, rubbish piece of Halo 4 DLC. If anything, 343i/MS should have discarded H2A and focused on getting the ported games actually working correctly.
Yeah, like your posts are making things any better. God forbid someone like a game you didn't, huh?
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
H2A like H4??? How???? There is no sprint, no load outs, no ordinance drops.... I play H2A almost all the time in FFA and don't experience any bugs. The only big I experienced in H2A was on the map relic where there would be a frame rate drop on top of the structure but that doesn't seem to happen to me any more. Sorry for your luck with the game.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Enroj wrote:
H2A like H4??? How???? There is no sprint, no load outs, no ordinance drops.... I play H2A almost all the time in FFA and don't experience any bugs. The only big I experienced in H2A was on the map relic where there would be a frame rate drop on top of the structure but that doesn't seem to happen to me any more. Sorry for your luck with the game.
I played H2A again yesterday and aiming felt so weird compared to the classic version, which feels so much smoother and responsive. I don't know if it's due to the framerate drops or something, but doesn't feel like it's always been. Was something changed since the last MCC update?

As for Halo 2 Anniversary quality, I'd prefer if it had more maps and made some changes to make it more in pair with the original (such as these tweaks), but I guess each other has different opinions of what that game should be like...