Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
No, The AR is Iconic and as such should look the way the classic rifle does.
Quote:
Then why did they all sound like crap?

The Assault Rifle wasn't too bad, but the Battle Rifle? Oh my gosh, it sounded like a freaking toy.
It's a really common and annoying thing that seems to plague video games. If anyone here has CoD 4, feel free to go and use the 1911 in that game, then listen to the Magnum in Halo 4. They're almost exactly the same, and as I recall they both used the 1911, or some similar .45 pistol, to get the sounds from. However, they sound like cap guns, while the .45 actually sounds like this.

It seems to me that the Audio department likes to fool around with the sounds, combining them with other guns or foley effects, and they end up sounding really weak or just terrible.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
At one point during the 10 ascension walkthrough, you can see the AR on the ground, and it's the Halo 4 model. It could be a placeholder, but I doubt it because there's nothing wrong with the 4 model. You never know whats a placeholder and what's not right now.
Care to point out what second of the video?
Here ya' go.

Why thank you sir :D. Hmmm I hope it's the MA5D, I have my beef against the MA5B and MA5C.
Haha, I hope so too. Though Canonically speaking it would be the MA5C but who knows.
Well what if I told you the MA5C likely entered service around 2504. We know the MA5D has been in service since 2526 and the original MA5/MA37 entered service in 2437. Soooo your last sentence doesn't really make a lot of sense.
well wrong, because the MA5C was not put into the hands of marines until the year 2525. Plus the ma37 is a rifle used by the UNSC Army, also "Most Marines were issued the MA5B variant until its replacement in late 2552 by the BR55HB SR and MA5C." so the MA5C was the rifle in use right before the battle of earth (halo 2) so Canonically speaking it would be the MA5C, to go along with BR55/BR55HB SR.
Quote:
The Reach's assault rifle design was terrible, IMO.
It grew on me alot. It looks more skeletal and rough (badass) and like a solid automatic than the mainstream models. Though the mainstream ones look more futuristic by a hair.
I don't believe it should.

For starters, this AR is definitely going to be the MA5C. I would say it 'could' be the MA5B, but I actually highly doubt it as the SMG, and Silenced SMG are both already in the game, and the SMG was made to replace the AR in Halo CE, while the MA5C was designed to make the AR play more like a 'rifle' and less like a 'machine gun'.

And the MA5C definitely doesn't look like the MA37.
It'll be the one in Halo 3. 99% sure.
Quote:
Quote:
I really liked the Reach AR in both regards to appearance and sound. The Halo 4 AR wasn't particularly impressive, so if they don't go with the look, at least go with the thundering of the Reach AR.
The UNSC weapons sounded more real in Reach which I like a lot. Thing is, it's a futuristic game, so the more oddly mechanical sounds of Halo 4's weapons, I suppose probably fit better with the general atmosphere. Although I hope the BR sounds a little less....spring-like in future games. Lol sometimes the audio wouldn't work completely and you'd get that sound only, and it just sounds like a spring releasing.

I liked the sound of CEA's assault rifle, but that seems only to fit with a round capacity of 60. I don't feel like that would work with the other variants. Halo 3's sounded like a joke.
So either go with the sounds of Halo Reach's, or 4's sounds. Or make entirely awesome new sounds.
The sounds of UNSC weapons in Halo 4 were real guns.

Personally, I prefer the design and sound of Halo 4. I like that sleek, simple AR style used in the original trilogy, and I think the sound in Halo 4 is the best in the series. It sounded powerful.
Seriously? Wow...that's really interesting. I did not know that.
Classic AR design. MA5C or MA5D.
Most of you seem to dislike Reach's design. It was different, for sure, but I thought it was unique. And when you get essentially the same weapon across like 6 games, its nice to see some variation. In Halo 5, it would be cool if you ran into Insurrectionists who all used this variant. It looks older but more utilitarian and intimidating I think, which is fitting for the Insurrection. What would you guys think about including the Reach assault rifle as a skin at least in Halo 5?
Quote:
Not a chance. I was pretty happy with the Halo 4 AR. It looked and sounded good. The classic look just beats all.
I love the sound of halo 4's AR. best out there so far. As for look I love the look of reachs the best.
My only hope, while I would prefer the MA5C, is that it plays better than the Halo 3 AR. That thing was like a plastic marshmallow shooter. I LOVE the accuracy on it, but HATE the damage output, too-easy to control aim assist, and of course overpowered Melee in combination.
The Reach AR is ugly. Only thing I liked about it is the sound.
This is such a refreshing post for a change - great job, OP!

I didn't care much for the Reach AR at the time the game released but LOVE the look of it now.

That would be awesome if they did what you're asking here!
Quote:
The Reach AR is ugly. Only thing I liked about it is the sound.
Thought the same thing when first was introduced to it, but it grew on me lol
Quote:
The Reach's assault rifle design was terrible, IMO.
This. It was just dull and really weird looking. The Halo 4 design is much more crisp, powerful looking and invocative of the original Assault rifle.
I hated the Reach design. Didn't really like anything in Reach aesthetically.
Halo 2 AR. I must have missed some news. Will comeback and edit this post if I find more info on this....if I care enough.
I get a giddy feeling every time I lay eyes upon Halo 4's assault rifle. It has the beefy look, sound and power. I shift eyes over to Reach and suddenly there is Buzzkill..
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
Quote:
My only hope, while I would prefer the MA5C, is that it plays better than the Halo 3 AR. That thing was like a plastic marshmallow shooter. I LOVE the accuracy on it, but HATE the damage output, too-easy to control aim assist, and of course overpowered Melee in combination.
the MA5C.....is the halo 3 ar.......
MA5C is just prime. The MA37 is a thing from the past that bore the same function but just having been tinkered with later on. But I still do, however, like the gold layer on the older rifle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4