Just a general question,
I'm wondering why Stone town was retired from H2A slayer 4v4 rotation?
Todays mcc update July 10 2019 stated this but not the reasoning behind it. Cheers
Probably because the map is too big for 4v4s. It just becomes a camp fest.
I'm less familiar with Halo 2 Anniversary's map rotations than I am with some of the other games, but assuming Stonetown is still included in 4v4 objective modes, the map was probably considered to be too large for 4v4 slayer, but still small enough for other modes with objectives that draw players to more specific points on the map.

Slayer is much less focused when it comes to map traffic, and tends have more instances of players camping to get kills. Due to Stonetown's combination of verticality and open spaces with less cover, in addition to the map's larger size (compared to most 4v4 maps), there are more points on the map where camping is effective.

The map is more suited for asymmetrical objective game types in particular. In fact, Bungie originally designed it specifically for One-Bomb Assault (obviously it was called Zanzibar back then.)
jmandude15 wrote:
I'm less familiar with Halo 2 Anniversary's map rotations than I am with some of the other games, but assuming Stonetown is still included in 4v4 objective modes, the map was probably considered to be too large for 4v4 slayer, but still small enough for other modes with objectives that draw players to more specific points on the map.

Slayer is much less focused when it comes to map traffic, and tends have more instances of players camping to get kills. Due to Stonetown's combination of verticality and open spaces with less cover, in addition to the map's larger size (compared to most 4v4 maps), there are more points on the map where camping is effective.

The map is more suited for asymmetrical objective game types in particular. In fact, Bungie originally designed it specifically for One-Bomb Assault (obviously it was called Zanzibar back then.)
Was going to say, the big point of it is how asymmetrical it is. It's not a very balanced map. Feels more like a fort defense type of map. I like it, but I wouldn't say it's particularly suited for any kind of slayer game type.
I like it for btb but it was to big for 4v4 in my mind.
I honestly didn't mind it in 4v4. It's still in H2 classic 4v4. What I don't like though is that Valhalla and Standoff are in H3 4v4 slayer.