Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Campaign Maps recycled for use in Forge/Customs

OP ShieldOfFire146

I would love to see 343 take areas of the maps from campaign, section them off and turn them into their own unique map whilst also deloading all non relevant areas which aren’t used within the sectioned off playable area, this should hopefully help the engine run smoothly if you get large amounts of player in the map.

Here’s an example.
The starting beach section from the Halo 3 mission The Covenant, imagine that sectioned off (so no hill area where you drive the hog up to the first spire). So keep that section and deload the rest of the map that isn’t playable or necessarily viewable. That beach section would make a cool forge canvas and would probably be a pretty good 1 sided objective map and the anti air wrath hill being where the objective is kept, it’s almost the same theme of one sided objective like h3 high ground how you fight your way up hill to the objective.

Here’s another idea, the first area where you encounter enemies on Sierra 117, deload the area that came before it and deload the area after it and you’ve got a cool jungle canvas for forge and which once again could work for one sided objective game types, the elevated area being the area where the objective is and the waterfall area (where the marine climb up in campaign) being the defending teams initial spawn.

Another example, the dogfight section in the H3 mission The Covenant where you fight over the sea with the hornet against the banshees, and also including the area where you go for the third spire entry (where the two anti air wrath’s are). That area could make a mini forge world type area with all its islands and base areas, heck you could even include the beach area from my first example. It would obviously be a heavy aerial map, but still think of all the forge / customs possibilities opened up with that.

What do you guys think? Would this be a good use of resources for 343 to look into? Obv the same of what I’ve said here could also be applied to H3 ODST / Reach Firefight maps being enabled for use outside of firefight, and heck you could even apply this to the Spartan ops maps, especially in Episode 6 and onwards where we saw tons of cool new maps, it’s a shame to see all those maps restricted solely to Spartan Ops.

Final note, Ik there’s a huge debate as to what 343 should focus on for the last few confirmed seasons of mcc, Ik there’s games that haven’t received much attention and the chances of that attention are becoming slimmer with every passing season, everything I said here doesn’t necessarily need to be pushed to be the focus in the last few seasons, it could always be an idea 343 looks into after season 10 or looked into regardless if it is tied to a season or not.
I think this is a pretty interesting idea that sounds like a lot of fun, though it may be only possible through modding and not the normal game.
JB Linken wrote:
I think this is a pretty interesting idea that sounds like a lot of fun, though it may be only possible through modding and not the normal game.
I think it’ll be great, tons of content just sitting there for 343 to recycle and expand multiplayer, hopefully wouldn’t take too much to achieve it as well since the content is basically fully made and just needs some hopefully minor changes to let this idea be fully realised.

As for modders I bet they totally could do it, only problem is the general population wouldn’t have access to it, my hope was for things like this to be officially released to everyone by 343 if it ever became a thing.
The hanger from Crows Nest, the hydro plant from the end of Sierra 117, and possibly the AA gun from Tha Ark would make perfect ODST firefight maps.
Omega399 wrote:
The hanger from Crows Nest, the hydro plant from the end of Sierra 117, and possibly the AA gun from Tha Ark would make perfect ODST firefight maps.
I agree, they’d also be great for forge and customs as well! I really wish 343 would do something like this as an official release. Heck Imagine even Halo 2 getting new multiplayer maps which are actually just maps derived from campaign!
I had a similar idea the other day with regards to the section on the Ark where you destroy the two AA wraiths and where the Forward Unto Dawn lands. If you cut off that cave section and tweaked it a little in other areas, it'd be a great map.
I had a similar idea the other day with regards to the section on the Ark where you destroy the two AA wraiths and where the Forward Unto Dawn lands. If you cut off that cave section and tweaked it a little in other areas, it'd be a great map.
I agree, that entire area would be perfectly self contained with little work needed. One other potential thing that could work (but it would take a little extra work to section it off), if that area was turned into a BTB map, along with that cave area (plus the area where the phantom drops off the those floating covenant towers), I can easily see it being a team spawn area, the other team could spawn where the AA Wraiths where and bam you have two base points and all the area in between to have vehicles battles. That area would be great for hog on hog fights, ghosts and maybe banshees.
I always thought this should happen for Halo 4. There were some Spartan Ops areas that were begging to be used for MP. Lockup, The Refuge, and The Cauldron all spring to mind.
JB Linken wrote:
yes, that's a shame because it could be fun.
I would love to see 343 take areas of the maps from campaign, section them off and turn them into their own unique map whilst also deloading all non relevant areas which aren’t used within the sectioned off playable area, this should hopefully help the engine run smoothly if you get large amounts of player in the map.

Here’s an example.
The starting beach section from the Halo 3 mission The Covenant, imagine that sectioned off (so no hill area where you drive the hog up to the first spire). So keep that section and deload the rest of the map that isn’t playable or necessarily viewable. That beach section would make a cool forge canvas and would probably be a pretty good 1 sided objective map and the anti air wrath hill being where the objective is kept, it’s almost the same theme of one sided objective like h3 high ground how you fight your way up hill to the objective.

Here’s another idea, the first area where you encounter enemies on Sierra 117, deload the area that came before it and deload the area after it and you’ve got a cool jungle canvas for forge and which once again could work for one sided objective game types, the elevated area being the area where the objective is and the waterfall area (where the marine climb up in campaign) being the defending teams initial spawn.

Another example, the dogfight section in the H3 mission The Covenant where you fight over the sea with the hornet against the banshees, and also including the area where you go for the third spire entry (where the two anti air wrath’s are). That area could make a mini forge world type area with all its islands and base areas, heck you could even include the beach area from my first example. It would obviously be a heavy aerial map, but still think of all the forge / customs possibilities opened up with that.

What do you guys think? Would this be a good use of resources for 343 to look into? Obv the same of what I’ve said here could also be applied to H3 ODST / Reach Firefight maps being enabled for use outside of firefight, and heck you could even apply this to the Spartan ops maps, especially in Episode 6 and onwards where we saw tons of cool new maps, it’s a shame to see all those maps restricted solely to Spartan Ops.

Final note, Ik there’s a huge debate as to what 343 should focus on for the last few confirmed seasons of mcc, Ik there’s games that haven’t received much attention and the chances of that attention are becoming slimmer with every passing season, everything I said here doesn’t necessarily need to be pushed to be the focus in the last few seasons, it could always be an idea 343 looks into after season 10 or looked into regardless if it is tied to a season or not.
Dope idea! I hope 343i takes a crack at it. I definitely agree H4 spartan ops maps could be pretty cool in pvp multiplayer
this is a cool idea
I like
I always thought this should happen for Halo 4. There were some Spartan Ops areas that were begging to be used for MP. Lockup, The Refuge, and The Cauldron all spring to mind.
Yes, spartan ops has tons of content that can be utilised, especially with all the new maps that are from Episodes 6-10. I’m personally not the biggest H4 fan but it would still be cool to see the game reach a greater potential. :)
Tsxki wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
yes, that's a shame because it could be fun.
Depending on how 343 go with implementing modding and it’s accessibility via Xbox, this could be achieved solely through the community and especially if we can host modded content in the custom game browser. You could just get a good modder to take campaign maps, edit them for multiplayer use and then host the map, then you’ve got the next best thing apart from 343 officially doing it.
I’m sure most people have heard how 343 is looking into increasing lobby sizes to potentially 40+ players, but there’s probably only a small amount of multiplayer maps that can really support that many players, but this is where campaign maps would be PERFECT, there’s tons of areas in campaign that could easily support (space wise) 40+ players.