Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

H3 Ranked Radar Double Team - Am I A Joke To You?

OP LChedda8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Dear 343 -

Over the years, Halo popularity has come and gone. I played halo 2 on OG xbox and xbox 360, and halo 3 from release until you couldn't find games anymore. As it does, life took over with college and a career, as well as the the proceeding Halo's not being my cup of tea, I thought my Halo experience was over. Then Halo: Master Chief Collection was announced and I was super excited to get back into the grind.

Ranked team doubles has easily been 90% of my playtime throughout the years. When Halo 2 was at its peak? Team Doubles. Right up to halo 2 servers being taken down and you couldn't find a match? Team Doubles. When I started playing Halo 3? Team Doubles. At the end of Halo 3? Team Doubles. On Master Chief Collection? No difference,

Team Doubles.MCC has definitely had it's ups and downs. From the release, inconsistent matchmaking, red rep, low population, host booters, in game dodging, and lagging out of games. Even with these issues, you know who has always been around? The team doubles community. Through the thick and thin, we have been grinding the game.

Ranked Team Doubles has been a core playlist item for years, with high population and community. Team Slayer and Team Doubles, are the bread and butter that keep this community together. Until the MCC Update. When the MCC Insider was released, and the polls were being released asking for what playlists we would like to see, I made a point to fill out team doubles. Excited for a new refresh, with good maps included and bad maps and game types weeded out, I was pumped to start Team Doubles from scratch again. But it didn't make the cut.

Seriously, the 1 game type you could still get matches in when MCC had a population in the hundreds. Where for years, twitch MCC streams playing ranked doubles and "perfect 50 attempts" were the only thing to watch. Instead H2C arena, H2A hardcore, H2C HC, and others made the cut? Weeks after release, you can't even find a match in these playlists and they are still there.Yes, I know there is 2v2 HC. I've played it, I have a 50, but it's not the same. 2v2 HC is like saying MLG 4s is the same as Team Slayer 4s. It's its own animal. I would gladly trade out 2v2 HC in a second to bring back radar 2s.

So what's the deal? Did we not get enough votes? Do we need to start a petition? Do we need to play countless hours of social doubles to show it is worth while? (I'll never play doubles if it isn't ranked) Also consider, people could vote for anything in that poll that "they want". It doesn't depict the quality of their vote. Someone who plays h2a for 3 hours a month gets the same vote weight as someone who plays 8 hours a day on H3 Double Team.

Please give us some direction.
Just to let you know, I'm still going to play MCC. If there is Halo 3, I will continue to play it. But once you get your 50 in Team Slayer, MLG, and LW, the playlists get very dull. Team Doubles will always give me, and others I know, countless hours of entertainment. Grabbing 1 other person and your favorite teammate, and playing an intense game of team doubles will always be my favorite. I hope that 343 can see that, bring it back to Xbox, and make sure to introduce it in the PC release. If not, I feel 343 is letting down one of the most loyal pockets of the community.

Please give H3 Ranked Doubles another chance.

- Thee LChedda8
Very well stated. I enjoyed how your post came full circle entirely. I genuinely agree about ranked radar Doubles needing to mark it's return. It is a staple playlist that has held the Halo community together during its darkest times. Perhaps this post will gain the traction it deserves, and will serve as a starting point for ranked radar 2v2 to become a mainstay playlist. For the time being, I suggest that more fans of radar doubles speak up and share their thoughts here.
I totally agree with this. H3 Radar Doubles was a big playlist during MCC's dead years. It was one of the most popular playlists in this years. It was constantly streamed on twitch. People would have "tons" of viewers streaming it (tons for MCC is like 50 + viewers). Some may view it as "noncompetitive" but you cannot say it was not a popular playlist. Myself and others in the community ran/hosted Doubles tournaments with our own money for prizes. The turnout was always 20+ teams. These were one day tournaments that would run for 10+ hours. All I ask is for the return for this playlist. It has been a core playlist for Halo for years. MLG doubles is extremely different from radar doubles, the players that play MLG doubles dont play Radar (vice/versa but by very few people). H3 Ranked Doubles has a huge following, it would be great if it came back.
Well said, Mr. Cheese.
I highly agree, I honestly can not stress this enough. So many people want this playlist back. Every person I have spoke to on twitch agrees, this playlist should be back and ranked.
i agree with this post. As someone who has over 175 days of in game time, Team doubles was by far my favorite playlist to play. It got really competitive at times and made it that much better to win! The live streams were really enjoyable to watch as well. I hope we get to see ranked radar doubles in the near future of MCC.
I agree wholeheartedly. Growing up playing Halo 3 Team Doubles was a playlist that I thoroughly enjoyed and spent a big portion of my time in. Hours upon hours splitscreening Ranked Team Doubles was extremely enjoyable in hopes to get a 50 in the playlist. I truly would love to see the playlist return as I along with many others enjoyed playing the best duos the playlist had to offer. Would truly be a blessing to see the playlist return and to be able to enjoy what I use to as a young kid!
Yes... I 100% agree with this. #BRINGRADARDOUBLESBACK
I really agree with returning back a playlist that has always been there why take it away just because you want to make the MLG Dubs more attractive I believe you should have both playlist not just MLG let’s have the best of both worlds cmon bring radar doubles back!
wow great post I agree they should add rank radar dubs back would be fun!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
^^ message to xbox friends: "guys comment on my new thread" ^^
^^ message to xbox friends: "guys comment on my new thread" ^^
100% totally what happen here, all replys here was posted in 30mins of thread created lololol I think all posters are friends on xbl mcc too
Team Doubles should always be in the game. This playlist was always the go to when you couldn't find matches in anything else. There's way too many Hardcore playlists right now so I think bringing this back will bring back a lot of the casual players that enjoyed radar settings. Not everyone wants to play Ranked MLG settings. Most of the people in the MLG 2v2 are Radar Dubs players too. Please bring this back and actually keep it this time.
LChedda8 wrote:
Dear 343 -

Over the years, Halo popularity has come and gone. I played halo 2 on OG xbox and xbox 360, and halo 3 from release until you couldn't find games anymore. As it does, life took over with college and a career, as well as the the proceeding Halo's not being my cup of tea, I thought my Halo experience was over. Then Halo: Master Chief Collection was announced and I was super excited to get back into the grind.

Ranked team doubles has easily been 90% of my playtime throughout the years. When Halo 2 was at its peak? Team Doubles. Right up to halo 2 servers being taken down and you couldn't find a match? Team Doubles. When I started playing Halo 3? Team Doubles. At the end of Halo 3? Team Doubles. On Master Chief Collection? No difference,

Team Doubles.MCC has definitely had it's ups and downs. From the release, inconsistent matchmaking, red rep, low population, host booters, in game dodging, and lagging out of games. Even with these issues, you know who has always been around? The team doubles community. Through the thick and thin, we have been grinding the game.

Ranked Team Doubles has been a core playlist item for years, with high population and community. Team Slayer and Team Doubles, are the bread and butter that keep this community together. Until the MCC Update. When the MCC Insider was released, and the polls were being released asking for what playlists we would like to see, I made a point to fill out team doubles. Excited for a new refresh, with good maps included and bad maps and game types weeded out, I was pumped to start Team Doubles from scratch again. But it didn't make the cut.

Seriously, the 1 game type you could still get matches in when MCC had a population in the hundreds. Where for years, twitch MCC streams playing ranked doubles and "perfect 50 attempts" were the only thing to watch. Instead H2C arena, H2A hardcore, H2C HC, and others made the cut? Weeks after release, you can't even find a match in these playlists and they are still there.Yes, I know there is 2v2 HC. I've played it, I have a 50, but it's not the same. 2v2 HC is like saying MLG 4s is the same as Team Slayer 4s. It's its own animal. I would gladly trade out 2v2 HC in a second to bring back radar 2s.

So what's the deal? Did we not get enough votes? Do we need to start a petition? Do we need to play countless hours of social doubles to show it is worth while? (I'll never play doubles if it isn't ranked) Also consider, people could vote for anything in that poll that "they want". It doesn't depict the quality of their vote. Someone who plays h2a for 3 hours a month gets the same vote weight as someone who plays 8 hours a day on H3 Double Team.

Please give us some direction.
Just to let you know, I'm still going to play MCC. If there is Halo 3, I will continue to play it. But once you get your 50 in Team Slayer, MLG, and LW, the playlists get very dull. Team Doubles will always give me, and others I know, countless hours of entertainment. Grabbing 1 other person and your favorite teammate, and playing an intense game of team doubles will always be my favorite. I hope that 343 can see that, bring it back to Xbox, and make sure to introduce it in the PC release. If not, I feel 343 is letting down one of the most loyal pockets of the community.

Please give H3 Ranked Doubles another chance.

- Thee LChedda8
Agree 100%. I personally am in MCC Twitch streams as much as I can be and see everyday how bad the community wants ranked radar dubs back, and how most of the people who DO stream this game, want it back. It’s one of the core playlists that’s been there since the beginning. We’re tired of playing “social” doubles matching people and their guest all game looking for competitive 2v2 games.. it’s just not fun. Please 343 add Ranked radar dubs back.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Everything said above is completely authentic, Please give radar doubles another shot
343 tends to forget when this game was dying, the only kids around were Team Slayer kids and Team Doubles kids. I don’t have a problem with them installing MLG playlists, seeing as how they’re running many tournaments and giving opportunities for money to be earned. But don’t take out everything people worked hard for. They took out Radar doubles which was one of the most popular playlists ever. They also took out Lone Wolves which was one of my favorite playlists, but it had matchmaking issues regarding ranks. Instead of fixing it, they just removed it and installed MLG FFA. COOL. Team Slayer had to be the most iconic ranked playlist back in the day, the face of Slayer; 343 switched it to H3 ARENA, where 80% of the games are Objectives. Although I do appreciate the effort they’re putting in the games, they have to do a better part of keeping some of the game original. Don’t forget about the OG kids who stood around for the longest. It wasn’t until recently all the MLG Pros came back and started demanding all of this.
People were playing the original mcc doubles playlist when there was halo 2, 3 and 4, Could find games in that throughout the day, Halo 3 was voted a good 90% of the games, The problems weren't with the playlist itself it was with dodging and the ranking system, Nothing else to add here
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3