Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 2 - Scarab Skull Legendary

OP TheCakeItLies

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Does anybody know if the legendary completion achievement for halo 2 works with the Scarab skull as of August 2020? I know it worked a year or so ago and I’m wondering if I can still do it. Halo 2 is too hard for me
Does anybody know if the legendary completion achievement for halo 2 works with the Scarab skull as of August 2020? I know it worked a year or so ago and I’m wondering if I can still do it. Halo 2 is too hard for me
I think it does yeah. I tried it out a few months ago.

I used to get through the game solo legendary after I’d done Legendary under 3 hours as you also needed to complete the game solo legendary for that achievement too.
I would assume it doesn't, as a resource and a means to help you out i would like to shill a youtuber Halo Completionist, his Gt is Silver Scorpion 4, he has guides for speedrunning and general runs of all the Halo titles and any achievements you may be after!
I'm fairly certain it does. I made progress on this achievement while using the skull.
I've completed Metropolis with the Scarab Skull and it said I did complete it. I've also heard others say it worked.
It does not. It is a zero skull multiplier, meaning it turns off scoring and achievements.
I like how six years later nobody can still really agree on whether it does or not 😂
Well, I remember using the scarab skull to beat the game on legendary, and got the achievement for the legendary completition. But of course, this was during the first days of MCC.
When I tried it and completed a few levels I didn't get any achievements. Not just par and score but completion. This was last month.
Yes, you can get achievements for completing the campaign on legendary if you use a skull with a zero multiplier.

The issue is with the buggy achievements and the progress which doesn't register here on Halo Waypoint and if does not register on this site, then your progress doesn't count for the achievements, but it has nothing to do with the skulls (it's a known issue and it even affects the multiplayer stats).

The zero skull multiplier only turns off the par time and par score achievements.

I'm 100% sure about it.
I think only the time and score achievments are not unlocked with those skulls, any other one you can do it with those skulls.
It does not. It is a zero skull multiplier, meaning it turns off scoring and achievements.
It only turns off par time and par score achievements. Everything else is fair game.
It only turns off par time and par score achievements. Everything else is fair game.
I could have swore I have seen dozens of posts on here complaining that it disables the completion achievements. And if it doesn't that's kinda stupid.
I could have swore I have seen dozens of posts on here complaining that it disables the completion achievements. And if it doesn't that's kinda stupid.
For Halo 2 I think they get a pass. There's challenging, and then there's plain unfair, and Halo 2 legendary is the latter.
For Halo 2 I think they get a pass. There's challenging, and then there's plain unfair, and Halo 2 legendary is the latter.
I don't know about that. Outskirts is about the only one that gets bad.
I don't know about that. Outskirts is about the only one that gets bad.
Outskirts is one of the easiest to do on legendary, because you can skip half the level by running on the rooftops. Now Metropolis, Regret, Sacred Icon and Gravemind, those are the ones that get bad (mainly because 3/4 are infested with snipers and Sacred Icon is filled with bullet-sponge Flood).
Outskirts is one of the easiest to do on legendary, because you can skip half the level by running on the rooftops. Now Metropolis, Regret, Sacred Icon and Gravemind, those are the ones that get bad (mainly because 3/4 are infested with snipers and Sacred Icon is filled with bullet-sponge Flood).
The Flood can't take a lot of fire and combat forms are always under the danger of losing limbs and being completely destroyed.

There is usually ammo for a Battle Rifle, Magnum and Shotgun, even the SMG can do a good job at disabling combat forms.
The Flood can't take a lot of fire and combat forms are always under the danger of losing limbs and being completely destroyed.

There is usually ammo for a Battle Rifle, Magnum and Shotgun, even the SMG can do a good job at disabling combat forms.
Flood missions seem to be pretty easy for me. Once you get down headshotting them they are a non issue.
Flood missions seem to be pretty easy for me. Once you get down headshotting them they are a non issue.
Even better once you get to High Charity, you can finally use the Brute Shot on the Flood and it's melee is just overpowered against them.

Very disappointed such thing couldn't be achieved in Halo 3.

The issues with Sacred Icon are less with the Flood themselves and more with how they're implemented into the level. Sacred Icon is almost entirely close-quarters, without a lot of room to maneuver. Combined with the inherent sponginess of combat forms (their arms are not easily shot in the heat of the fight) and the overabundance of carrier forms and it just becomes an exercise in tedium. You can slip past some encounters with good movement and cloaking, but there are plenty of areas where you need to fight. Not to mention having to shoot the pillars to open them gets annoying quickly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2