Halo 2 > All Other Halo Games

OP Goettler Is HxC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Making my first post count... let’s discuss...

First point, the Halo 2 BR is perfect.
I don't know about Halo 2 being the best. All halo games have positives and negatives. Halo 2 in my opinion was a mess. It was super rushed, unpolished, and unfinished. Still it turned out surprisingly well. I'm honestly surprised it came out without any game play crippling problems. I mean there were super bounces, and button combos, and sword flying. But overall the game worked. Levels were not properly contained, Half the game was hacked off, Legendary wasn't play tested properly, the cutscens would bug out all the time, and yet overall it still worked. On top of that it worked well. I would say Halo 2 was the luckiest Halo game, not the best.
I loved Halo 3. For me, that was my "Be All; End All". None of them stack up to that game, though I'm sure it's the nostalgia for me that does it. TONS of late nights, rage quits, Vid Master Challenges, Custom Games...so many memories!
I agree with Goettler, I think halo 2 is best overall, it had smooth gameplay, amazing maps, bouncing, button combos, so much to explore in multiplayer maps and camagain. it has a little bit of everything for any gamer. The soundtrack was the best also.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Prime8684 wrote:
I loved Halo 3. For me, that was my "Be All; End All". None of them stack up to that game, though I'm sure it's the nostalgia for me that does it. TONS of late nights, rage quits, Vid Master Challenges, Custom Games...so many memories!
There is a large group of people that would agree. Personally my heart lays with Halo CE. Like you mostly from sweet nostalgia. I also enjoyed Halo Reach. I think I don't like the dual wielding mechanic much.
Halo 2 campaign is the best.
Especially on H2A.
Oooooooh like hot chips, salt and vinegar eaten by the sea. (Brit btw lol)
Halo 2 campaign is soo good! One of my favorite. But halo 4...it made me feel so many emotions, and i loved it.
Prime8684 wrote:
There is a large group of people that would agree. Personally my heart lays with Halo CE. Like you mostly from sweet nostalgia. I also enjoyed Halo Reach. I think I don't like the dual wielding mechanic much.
I never used the dual weapons, I didn't like it much either. It was just something about the matchmaking maps, the armors, campaign, all of it! I just simply love that game. Even in MCC, H3 is my go to. I really wish they had done an anniversary edition for this game...it truly deserved that kind of treatment!
halo 2 is the game I will never stop playing, halo 3 is second, than CE.
Well, it must be Halo 2. Why? Simple.

1- Covenant schism and the Arbiter (gaining an insight into the covenant, understanding their motivations).
2-Xbox live and online pioneering

The above are not opinions, they are objective. Without any of these, Halo 3 would not have been the game it is now. It was over ambitious (H2) , hence the cutting and how it became so disjointed eventually. Halo 3's merits in comparison come from progress in online and hardware tech (the online community features are a highlight) as well as resources and the power to do what they want (original xbox limited Halo 2). Halo 2 boomed Halo's storyline, giving it a deep lore of its own within the games, not needing books to flesh things out.

Unrelated to these points, I also HATE the projectile weapons in Halo 3. It ruined the online, made it unplayable for me. So glad they ditched that model, hit scan is so much better. Projectile is not feasible due to connectivity (online). There are many videos showcasing the inconsistency of the H3 BR (even on LAN) with both players standing still.....

All this aside, Halo 2 feels the least dated to me after all these years. HCE's campaign is almost a chore, H3 feels very sluggish at times and the enemies (brutes) are extremely boring compared to the variety of H2 (Heretics, clever elites, tough brutes, flood) in comparison, the brutes in H3 are dumb and weak. For context, my first Halo game was CE.

The only problem with H2 was the terribly linear campaign level design. H3 improved the level design greatly, however the repetitive nature of the enemies kills the H3 levels for me. Is there anything more fun than sitting back in grave mind watching the covenant kill each other while you sneak past them? From memory, it is the only Halo level where you can do that.
H2's Button Combos are what make that game absolutely stunning to me.
BxSouIjah wrote:
H2's Button Combos are what make that game absolutely stunning to me.
Exactly!
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
You should have to scavenge the battle field for a good weapon
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
This is a hilarious opinion but I’m glad you have one!
I've always been against idiots spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
This is a hilarious opinion but I’m glad you have one!
I stand by my statement.
Halo 2 is a fantastic game. Although I started with CE, Halo 2 is what made me a Halo fanatic which still carries on to this day. Halo 2’s campaign is amazing in my opinion, and the fact Halo 2 started the multiplayer experience which would lead to far more is incredible. But, with that all said, Halo 3 is my all time favorite. I’ve never been part of a community and game like Halo 3. And have really yet to find another experience that comes close to the days starting back in 2007. I see Halo 2 as an amazing game, where Halo 3 was the outcome of Bungie perfecting off of Halo 2.
Halo CE was my favorite just because it was on pc and it had blood gultch 24/7. It looks the best out of all the halo games(yes the old graphics) and had my favorite mix of balance and gameplay. Every game above halo CE just feels like big rushed disappointments. It has an iconic aesthetic that is reminiscent of star wars and it's flashy sci-fi aesthetic. I especially like all the glowy lights on textures and reflective metals
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_covenantcruiser/images/ta_fore1.jpg
Halo CE was my favorite just because it was on pc and it had blood gultch 24/7. It looks the best out of all the halo games(yes the old graphics) and had my favorite mix of balance and gameplay. Every game above halo CE just feels like big rushed disappointments. It has an iconic aesthetic that is reminiscent of star wars and it's flashy sci-fi aesthetic. I especially like all the glowy lights on textures and reflective metals
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_covenantcruiser/images/ta_fore1.jpg
Big fan of “touch return” on capture the flag eh? Lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6