Halo 2 > All Other Halo Games

OP Goettler Is HxC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
BxSouIjah wrote:
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
You should have to scavenge the battle field for a good weapon
Just make more guns in the snadbox to compensate
BxSouIjah wrote:
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
Just make more guns in the snadbox to compensate
Uh no. The BR like the pistol is a utility weapon. It shouldn't be a power weapon. Who wins in a SMG vs BR shootout the BR unless your opponent is right in your face and even then the BR will win 99 percent of the time.
BxSouIjah wrote:
Uh no you jerk. The BR like the pistol is a utility weapon. It shouldn't be a power weapon. Who wins in a SMG vs BR shootout the BR unless your opponent is right in your face and even then the BR will win 99 percent of the time.
Well, if people didn't spawn with BRs that would mean less amo right?
Meaning It might be fairer.
Anyway I think smg starts are a bad idea too.
Assault Rifle starts would be better, with your back up weapon being the H3 Magnum.
2 pretty useless guns to start out with, encouraging players to scavenge for better guns.
Consensus is stil Halo 2. Solid work.
BxSouIjah wrote:
Uh no you jerk. The BR like the pistol is a utility weapon. It shouldn't be a power weapon. Who wins in a SMG vs BR shootout the BR unless your opponent is right in your face and even then the BR will win 99 percent of the time.
Well, if people didn't spawn with BRs that would mean less amo right?
Meaning It might be fairer.
Anyway I think smg starts are a bad idea too.
Assault Rifle starts would be better, with your back up weapon being the H3 Magnum.
2 pretty useless guns to start out with, encouraging players to scavenge for better guns.
You know the AR isn't in H2 right?

I think this guy is a troll. Lol
BxSouIjah wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
You know the AR isn't in H2 right?

I think this guy is a troll. Lol
Oh, I thought we we're talking about halo in general sorry
I would like to see more people playing h2a. We all agree that halo 2 and 3 are the best halo games ever made. Let’s give h2a a chance! I am excited for the legacy team at 343i to put in the work 😁
Halo CE was my favorite just because it was on pc and it had blood gultch 24/7. It looks the best out of all the halo games(yes the old graphics) and had my favorite mix of balance and gameplay. Every game above halo CE just feels like big rushed disappointments. It has an iconic aesthetic that is reminiscent of star wars and it's flashy sci-fi aesthetic. I especially like all the glowy lights on textures and reflective metals
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_covenantcruiser/images/ta_fore1.jpg
Big fan of “touch return” on capture the flag eh? Lol.
I'm not sure if you played my lobbies before but yes. Touch return is the way to go. But what about making people return their flags manually?
Halo 2 is my second favorite but CE is my go to Halo. I love one touch return flag. I remember a CE Customs game I did two weeks on Gephyrophobia and I was up top with the sniper and a guy was driving on the top bridge back with the flag. He drove past a buddy who just picked up camo and rockets but his rocket missed. All of a sudden I get over the Mic Tom snipe him or it's a cap. From one end of the map to the other boom a 50 caliber hit to the head. The guy is dead and my buddy runs and returns the flag on one touch pure awesomeness right there.
I believed this for a good 10 years, until I actually played CE competitively for the first time on MCC. Now it's easily my #1, and easily the most competitive Halo ever made. H2 will always be my personal favorite and the game I spent the most time on and had the most memories with, but as far as the multiplayer gameplay, CE will forever be the king. H2 is a very close second though.
I would like to see more people playing h2a. We all agree that halo 2 and 3 are the best halo games ever made. Let’s give h2a a chance! I am excited for the legacy team at 343i to put in the work 😁
Halo 2 > Halo 2A > Halo 4 > getting hit by a car > playing H1 in 2018 > Halo 3

So yeah, you have a decent point there, haha
Halo 2 is great but I'd pick Halo CE any day
I have the same sentiment as those who say every title has something unique that makes it stand out over the others, so it is hard to pick the SINGLE best Halo. And like others said, nostalgia is a big factor for me. Been around since the OG Halo launch. All I can say with any certainty is that I really don't care for Halo 4, that's about it. I mean, the campaign was alright I guess. Kinda hard to follow at times since I didn't read (those) books but...yeah...meh :/
I would have to say that H2 for me had me more captivated for it's story. The fact that it not only focused on the Chief, but also focused on that of the Arbiter and the Covenant side of the war. Two sides of the same coin that made it far more fascinating for the Halo Universe.

Besides that, I freaken loved playing as the Elite's that were introduced into the Multiplayer :P
I respectfully disagree. Halo Wars 2 is my favorite.

It is next to futile to compare games from two different genres, so I won't, but here is my quick take on Halo 2 compared to the other Halo FPS titles:

Campaign-wise, Halo 2 has the best story and best character development of the FPS titles. The Arbiter's character arc is the best in my opinion, and it was executed phenomenally. However, the campaign suffers in several regards, most prominently level design. In CE, 3, ODST, Reach, and even the most hated campaign, 5, the levels would frequently open up. Halo 4 and Halo 2, but much more Halo 2, had you fight in linear paths. Even in the vehicle parts, you were almost always fighting in some sort of linear path, moving from door to door, gate to gate, point A to point B, etc., etc. This made for a pretty repetitive game, in my eyes. Also, the objective seemed to keep on changing. First, you are on Earth, trying to save humanity, but then you switch to the Arbiter to take care of a Heretic, then you switch back to the Chief to kill Regret, then you switch back to the Arbiter for the Index, then the Gravemind captures you both, sending the Chief to High Charity to attempt to kill Truth, and it goes on and on and on. Compare this to Halo 5, which is regarded as the worst Halo FPS campaign. In addition to the levels, another reason I like Halo 5 is because the campaign was very directed. After the first two missions set the stage, I knew I would be commanding the fireteam that was tracking down the Master Chief, and I felt that move-with-a-purpose throughout the entire game.

I cannot judge the multiplayer very much simply because I have not played it very much, but from what I can tell, it is not all that great. I think I like Halo 3 MP more in almost every way, including map design, weapon balancing, vehicle spawns, and weapon spawns. The only thing which Halo 2 did better was the BR, IMHO, with the looks, sound, and most importantly, consistency.
I respectfully disagree. Halo Wars 2 is my favorite.

It is next to futile to compare games from two different genres, so I won't, but here is my quick take on Halo 2 compared to the other Halo FPS titles:

Campaign-wise, Halo 2 has the best story and best character development of the FPS titles. The Arbiter's character arc is the best in my opinion, and it was executed phenomenally. However, the campaign suffers in several regards, most prominently level design. In CE, 3, ODST, Reach, and even the most hated campaign, 5, the levels would frequently open up. Halo 4 and Halo 2, but much more Halo 2, had you fight in linear paths. Even in the vehicle parts, you were almost always fighting in some sort of linear path, moving from door to door, gate to gate, point A to point B, etc., etc. This made for a pretty repetitive game, in my eyes. Also, the objective seemed to keep on changing. First, you are on Earth, trying to save humanity, but then you switch to the Arbiter to take care of a Heretic, then you switch back to the Chief to kill Regret, then you switch back to the Arbiter for the Index, then the Gravemind captures you both, sending the Chief to High Charity to attempt to kill Truth, and it goes on and on and on. Compare this to Halo 5, which is regarded as the worst Halo FPS campaign. In addition to the levels, another reason I like Halo 5 is because the campaign was very directed. After the first two missions set the stage, I knew I would be commanding the fireteam that was tracking down the Master Chief, and I felt that move-with-a-purpose throughout the entire game.

I cannot judge the multiplayer very much simply because I have not played it very much, but from what I can tell, it is not all that great. I think I like Halo 3 MP more in almost every way, including map design, weapon balancing, vehicle spawns, and weapon spawns. The only thing which Halo 2 did better was the BR, IMHO, with the looks, sound, and most importantly, consistency.
BR is all that matters though, lol
Halo 3 is better. Had an infinitely better ending, expanded weapons and vehicle sandbox, better level design (for the most part), forge mode, theatre mode, and still has functioning xbox live services.
CE will always be my favorite Halo for multiplayer. 2 would be my second favorite in that regard. As for campaigns, I'm not sure I can pick an overall favorite. All of Bungie's Halo campaigns have a variety of things I enjoy. The Flood reveal in CE is probably my favorite moment in any of the Halo campaigns, though.
Halo 3 is better. Had an infinitely better ending, expanded weapons and vehicle sandbox, better level design (for the most part), forge mode, theatre mode, and still has functioning xbox live services.
But have you played Halo 2? Because features are nice but the gameplay....... yikes......on Halo 3.
Vlexis wrote:
CE will always be my favorite Halo for multiplayer. 2 would be my second favorite in that regard. As for campaigns, I'm not sure I can pick an overall favorite. All of Bungie's Halo campaigns have a variety of things I enjoy. The Flood reveal in CE is probably my favorite moment in any of the Halo campaigns, though.
Halo 2 is literally a better Halo 3 in almost every way multiplayer-wise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3