3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
CORRECTION: HALO 2 > ALL OTHER GAMES
BxSouIjah wrote:
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
You should have to scavenge the battle field for a good weapon
Uh no you jerk. The BR like the pistol is a utility weapon. It shouldn't be a power weapon. Who wins in a SMG vs BR shootout the BR unless your opponent is right in your face and even then the BR will win 99 percent of the time.
Well, if people didn't spawn with BRs that would mean less amo right?
Meaning It might be fairer.
Anyway I think smg starts are a bad idea too.
Assault Rifle starts would be better, with your back up weapon being the H3 Magnum.
2 pretty useless guns to start out with, encouraging players to scavenge for better guns.
The only problem with this idea is , if the other team wipes yours , you spawn with crap while the other team is rolling 4 deep with BRs and you stand next to no chance. Been there , done that. BR spawns for life.
Sunsdune wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
I've always been against people spawning with BRs, its too good a weapon to start out with.
The only problem with this idea is , if the other team wipes yours , you spawn with crap while the other team is rolling 4 deep with BRs and you stand next to no chance. Been there , done that. BR spawns for life.
I think alot of testing would be necessary for such an idea
Sunsdune wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
The competitive Halo community has known since Halo 1 and Halo 2 that only spawning with a niche situational weapon like the plasma pistol in Halo 1 or the SMG in Halo 2 isn’t conducive to an ideal competitive environment. People in the competitive Halo community know this because the niche situational weapon that you spawn with isn’t adequate enough to be able to empower skilled players to be able to kill their opponents in a timely manner in various situations. The main purpose of spawning with an utility weapon such as Halo 1’s pistol or Halo 2’s BR is to empower skilled players to be able to kill their opponents in a timely manner in various situations. I highly recommend for you to watch this youtube video and read this thread to get a decent idea of what I mean.

Only spawning with a niche situational weapon like Halo 2’s SMG leads to extremely lopsided games because a niche situational weapon like Halo 2’s SMG isn’t adequate enough to be able to empower players to be able to defend themselves off spawn in various situations. Spawning with an utility weapon such as Halo 1’s pistol and Halo 2’s BR empowers skilled players to be able to contest their opponents when their opponents already have control of power weapons and power-ups however spawning with a niche situational weapon like Halo 2’s SMG does not. To help demonstrate what I mean I’m going to give you a hypothetical scenario.

Imagine playing Halo 2 team slayer with only SMG starts against competent opponents. Now imagine that your opponents managed to gain map control, control of the BRs, control of the carbines, control of the power weapons, and control of the power-ups. What would you and your teammates do in this type of hypothetical scenario in order to regain map control and power item control from your opponents? Keep in mind that in order for you to be able to be efficient with your spawning weapon(SMG) you need to be pretty close range from your opponents. Also keep in mind that your opponents can pick you and your teammates off from a distance with their BRs, carbines, sniper, and rockets since they have map control and control of every crucial item that spawns on the map.
Halo 3 is better than Halo 2.
The campaign, multiplayer and it had theater.
Gameplay-wise, the multiplayer is not.
Gameplay-wise, the multiplayer is not.
Very, very true statement. More options doesn’t make it better.
CE > H2 > all other halos
Halo 2 is my second favorite but CE is my go to Halo. I love one touch return flag. I remember a CE Customs game I did two weeks on Gephyrophobia and I was up top with the sniper and a guy was driving on the top bridge back with the flag. He drove past a buddy who just picked up camo and rockets but his rocket missed. All of a sudden I get over the Mic Tom snipe him or it's a cap. From one end of the map to the other boom a 50 caliber hit to the head. The guy is dead and my buddy runs and returns the flag on one touch pure awesomeness right there.
The SRS99C actually fires 14.5×114mm APFSDS rounds (.57 Cal)
CE> anything else.

H2 BR is easy peasy, drop that magnetism and make it more challenging then I'd call it the best.

H2 probably does have the best campaign though 👍
Personally, the Halo 2 campaign was the best, but Halo 3 had the best multiplayer in my opinion.
Sunsdune wrote:
BxSouIjah wrote:
Not to Necro an old post , but all the testing has been done , 4 or 5 years of Halo 2 , 4 or 5 years of Halo 3......that's why all game types and playlists (ques , hoppers ....whatever) that want to be considered "competitive" , are BR starts now.
Halo 2 is the best but Halo Reach even though not part of the MCC is also very epic. Halo 4 is where i saw the bump in the road while Halo 5 was a big improvement on 4 i am just hoping Halo 6 knocks it out of the ball park or i fear the Halo's future.
Naw...CE and Reach are the best Halo games. H2 is good but overrated
I'll agree with you that the Halo 2 BR outclasses the Halo 3 BR since I've never really understood why the hit detection while using the Halo 3 BR seems off. Halo 4 BR is just flat out disgusting and not even worth discussing gameplay wise.
Overrated? Looks like somebody was not around when H2 launched....
I'll agree with you that the Halo 2 BR outclasses the Halo 3 BR since I've never really understood why the hit detection while using the Halo 3 BR seems off. Halo 4 BR is just flat out disgusting and not even worth discussing gameplay wise.
Because there's random spread hard-coded into the engine, in addition to the netcode being trash.
Overrated? Looks like somebody was not around when H2 launched....
I like how he say the worst Halo ever is the best, too. Funny stuff.
Halo 3 BR uses projectile hit detection (bullets have travel time) rather than hitscan (instant).
Halo 3 BR uses projectile hit detection (bullets have travel time) rather than hitscan (instant).
That wasn't the issue with the gun though. See my previous post.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6