Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign Dual-Wielding AI

OP AzarathRaven

Has anyone else noticed that the AI in Halo 2 can't dual wield? I first noticed this on Cairo Station when you need to kill the Elites guarding the bomb. One of the Elite Majors should be dual-wielding a Plasma Rifle and a Needler, but I never saw him. I thought that maybe I had killed him and not noticed. Then I played The Oracle. One of the Spec Ops Elites that you start the level with should be dual-wielding Plasma Rifles, but he only had one. This is when I really became convinced there was an issue. Finally, on the same level, when I fought the Heretic Leader, he and all of his holograms were not dual-wielding (they are supposed to dual-wield Plasma Rifles). This is clearly a problem, but I want to know if anyone else has experienced it. I also noticed a problem with the Covenant allied AI in that they sometimes have trouble following the player (i.e. they stand around in one area and either don't follow you at all or it takes a little convincing). As I just got an Xbox One and the MCC, I have only played up to Delta Halo. Please let me know if anyone else is having either of these issues and if they occur on other levels.
Nope. Enemies were dual wielding for me. Maybe its to do with your dificulty level?
It's worked for me on all difficulties. Maybe pop in and out of old graphics? I have noticed that sometimes enemies don't have a weapon even though they shoot at me. I figured it was just a graphical error and can easily be fixed by switching. I've really only noticed that once, though.
OK, I have noticed that the AI are not dual-wielding on many occasions now. I am playing on Heroic (not that it matters in some instances where the AI is scripted to dual-wield). I have tried to debug it as a glitch in the new graphics and that is not it. 1: in the new graphics, AI who are supposed to dual-wield are not shooting two weapons. It is not that one weapon is just invisible (not rendered); they are only firing one weapon. 2: the AI does not even appear to be holding two weapons (this sounds weird, but I mean that the character's animation does not show the character holding a second weapon). 3: in the old graphics, the same issues apply.
they dual wield on me as well.....
this flaw id take on occasion
This happens to me too, oddly enough, the elites at the beginning of Cairo Station that duel wield Plasma Pistols still do for me, but every other instance of duel wielding in the campaign doesn't happen, how odd.
I have noticed that too. It's very annoying for the heretic leader who is weaker than in the original game.
I haven't noticed this, enemies seem to dual wield fine in my game. Lucky glitch I suppose.
ive had an really annoying issue! it seems as when i play halo 2 anniversary, during the campaign i cant see any elites have dual wielded weapons! in cairo stations in the beginning there should be two elites carrying dual wield plasma pistols, in metropolis when ur on the scarab there should be either 1 or 2 red elites carrying dual wield plasma rifles? and in the oracle in the beginning one of the elites ur with should have dual wield plasma rifle, and also the heretic leader and its holograms! but why dont they have it?? am i the only one experiencing this problem ??? please reply to me if you have a solution
I haven't noticed this bug happening to me but instead none of my friendly AI ever move from their spawned location.
Yeh the latest update fixed the AI function for me (so they now follow me through the level like they are supposed to) however the AI's that are meant to dual wield still don't and whats even more is that there are still glitches in the game that shouldn't be in it...
On the level, 'Regret' when i reach the first gondola and the 2 hunters are supposed to get dropped by the phantom, the phantom sits just over the top of the middle structure and is supposed to drop the 2 hunters but instead the phantom clips the tower, glitches and disappears!!!! Which means i don't get to fight the hunters!!!! :( :(
Come on 343... You can't make such a poor remake of such a great game.... It shouldn't be that hard with the amount of technology that they have and the fact that it's just a remake... I mean it's not like they had to make the game from scratch. They had the foundation of the original Halo 2 and all they needed to do was give the graphics a massive touch up and now they've glitched the game :(

Please fix it
Good. Dual-Plasma Rifle Ultra Elites were broken anyways...
yeah the Ai's aren't dual wielding like they were originally, hopefully 343 will fix this through an update
They still don't duel weild for me either :(
Seriously, this is a problem that NEEDS to be fixed!!! Sure it might have been easier to play through Legendary without dual wielding enemies and harder when your elite buddies aren't dual wielding, but still it takes something away from the game
Yes!
Has anyone else noticed that the AI in Halo 2 can't dual wield? I first noticed this on Cairo Station when you need to kill the Elites guarding the bomb. One of the Elite Majors should be dual-wielding a Plasma Rifle and a Needler, but I never saw him. I thought that maybe I had killed him and not noticed. Then I played The Oracle. One of the Spec Ops Elites that you start the level with should be dual-wielding Plasma Rifles, but he only had one. This is when I really became convinced there was an issue. Finally, on the same level, when I fought the Heretic Leader, he and all of his holograms were not dual-wielding (they are supposed to dual-wield Plasma Rifles). This is clearly a problem, but I want to know if anyone else has experienced it. I also noticed a problem with the Covenant allied AI in that they sometimes have trouble following the player (i.e. they stand around in one area and either don't follow you at all or it takes a little convincing). As I just got an Xbox One and the MCC, I have only played up to Delta Halo. Please let me know if anyone else is having either of these issues and if they occur on other levels.
yeah same, I figured 343 would have fixed this issue by now but nope.
Yes!
yeah same, I figured 343 would have fixed this issue by now but nope.
hopefully the next update (1 year later)
Really strange. The AI seem to dual wield in my game. However sometimes friendly AI don't follow me when they would in the OG
What?D:
Just checked. Elites spawn with 2 plasma pistols on cairyo station on legendary.