[Locked] Halo 2 Anniversary for Xbox 360

OP CHead2000

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
yea whatever then but tell me how much are the xbox one consoles in your country or countries?
Quote:
Thats why Forza horizon 2 graphics for the 360 is using the forza horizon graphic engine eh. and the engine is like 2 years old.
They have to separately make it with a different engine. Both versions are being made at the same time.

Halo 2 Anniversary is not being done that way. It is being built specifically for the Xbox One. Meaning, to put it on thr 360, they literally have to start over or downgrade everything so it will run. You can't just slap an engine on an anniversary. A lot of time and detail goes in to them... any game, really.

The Forza Horizons 2 example isn't a good comparison.
Reference games like Destiny which are said to have been held back by the need to run on older consoles as well.

This thread is a poll. The topic is discussing whether or not it should come to the 360. We are doing just that, but the overwhelming majority say it should stay Xbox One exclusive. You're just on the opposite side. This thread isn't being used wrong in the slightest... and technically, this forum is for the Master Chief Collection as a whole.
Quote:
yea whatever then but tell me how much are the xbox one consoles in your country or countries?
Ninety percent versus a miserable 9%, who usually end up with the same arguments as:

"It's too expensive, put resource intensive collection on older hardware!"

"I basically do not want Xbox Ones to sell, so I'm entitled to a gimped version of a full-featured collection!"

Just stop arguing. Again you have no position that holds any speckle of logic and reasoning whatsoever.
Quote:
You seem to be mad cause you don't have an Xbox One, well I don't either, but I'm not going to go and ask developers to downgrade or start completely over. It is a good thing that it is on the Xbox One, they are able to take full advantage of it's capabilities and not have a 360 version, which is a slower/watered down version of what it should be. I rather get an X1( which I will) and play on 1080/60 fps, rather than get it on a 360 and play on settings that are outdated.
Why does this thread keep popping back up every once in awhile? Let this thread die already. People should already realize that MCC is NOT going to be made for the Xbox 360. EVER. Even if there's a fire.
Quote:
IT can be simple just go and read the development of how they are doing Forza Horizon 2 on the 360 dude read about it then come back and tell me if that could be possible to do that for halo 2 anniversary to the Xbox 360 here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Horizon_2
Forza Horizon 2 is being developed by 2 DIFFERENT developers: Sumo Digital for Xbox 360 and Playground Games for Xbox One with support for both from Turn 10. This is why the game is able to release on both consoles, because 2 separate companies are working on each version and rebuilding the engines from scratch.

This is where Halo MCC is different, since they are not rebuilding the engines for Halo 2 Anniversary, they are adding to them and making them more complex to the point where the Xbox 360's hardware simply cannot handle it. Halo 2 Anniversary runs natively at 1080p and 60FPs, unlike most Xbox 360 games which run natively at 720p and are upscaled to give the illusion of 1080p. Its not a case of simply downgrading the game, because rendering things like cutscenes and gameplay in 1080p and 60 FPS takes up a lot more processing power, system memory to run and discs space than it does for things rendered in 720p. Something the Xbox 360 with its now small memory and processing power simply cannot do anymore. Halo 4 was barely able to run properly, so what makes you think Halo 2 Anniversary will run any better with all its new updated features?
Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside. Corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide.
The 360 was pushed too far for Halo 4. I bet Halo 4 running on the XOne will vastly outperform the 360 version. A 360 version makes no sense, a lot of trouble for something in between the other 2 versions
Everyone......I've been reading through these posts, and honestly I have to agree with both sides.

I understand what CrashShark104 is asking. He wants Halo 2 to get the same treatment on Xbox 360 as Halo: CE got back in 2011. It sounds like he wants them to rebuild Halo 2 from scratch, for the Xbox 360 so it can be played online like the rest of the Halo games. No unified interface. No remaking Halo 1, 3 and 4 again, as that would make no sense for the 360. Simply Halo 2.....remastered similarly to how they did it with Halo CE a few years back.

CrashShark104....we all get it. We understand what you're asking. And while it IS possible for them to just port Halo 2 from scratch for the 360......from a business standpoint, it's illogical to do so. They're trying to push for more Xbox One sales. Period.

Not only that....but to waste resources to build Halo 2 from the ground up for the second time would be a bad move. Sure it would look a little better than the original Xbox version. But you're talking remaking a 10 year old game for a console that is 9 years old. The hardware in the Xbox 360 is actually older than the console itself.....the processor, chipset etc....is all from around 2003. It's not worth porting a game for a console whose internal hardware is actually older than the game itself!

Technically, they could "remake" Halo 2 alone, just for the 360. It wouldn't be 60FPS, nor would it be 1080P, but it could be done. However, the game even still would have to be split up into 2 discs to accommodate for all the game's DLC maps. At the end of the day it'd be a very dumbed down version of the MCC without Halo 1, 3 or 4.

And CrashShark104, as people have stated before, putting the entire MCC on Xbox 360, from a technical standpoint is NOT possible. If you in any way were asking for that at all, it simply won't happen. You're talking at least 40GB worth of data. DVDs are 8GBs at most. Disc space-wise, it wouldn't work. And that's seriously just the tip of the iceberg. There are a plethora of reasons why the MCC as a whole wouldn't work on the 360.

-
Quote:
yea one thing i didn't have a 360 back when halo 3 came out and i was still at primary school when it released and i wasn't as much of a gamer back then than i am now ive only had my 360 since Christmas 2012 so yea ill eventually get a one but not right now but if i do end up getting on eventually ill most likely have TMCC but bout 5% of my friends on my friends list have a one and the friends i talk to don't have a one and i want to be able to play halo 2 anniversary with those who cant afford a one on the 360 and show them how to get out the maps in campaign of halo 2 and have a good time.btw im 16 turning 17 nxt mnth.
uuhhhmmm...... primary is for like 4-6 yr olds, if halo 3 came in 2007 and thats when you didnt have a 360, so 2007 your in primary aka kindergarden-1st grade 7 years later your only like 13.and your friends with kids too and thats why your friends dont have ones and you dont have one. and you keep saying " sooo yeah " *cough cough hint your a child cough cough* and your miss typing ALOT. also H2A on 360 is horrible even just H2A like Halo:CEA. Just ask for xb1 for christmas they are 400$ u.s.and then a 60$ game ( the price also there is tax so add about 9% so about 66$ and about 450$ for the console)
At first I was very angry that it wouldn't be released on Xbox 360 but I have now excepted the fact that Microsoft is greedy and are using the MCC to make us buy Xbones. Pigs lol.
Quote:
At first I was very angry that it wouldn't be released on Xbox 360 but I have now excepted the fact that Microsoft is greedy and are using the MCC to make us buy Xbones. Pigs lol.
They're not making you do anything. If you want the MCC, you need an Xbox One. Just like back in 2007, if you wanted Halo 3, you needed a 360. It's a matter of technical standpoints, not greed. Although that's not to say they want to boost sales of the Xbox One with MCC, they're not making you do anything.

P.S. Accepted*
Quote:
[uuhhhmmm...... primary is for like 4-6 yr olds,
I don't know where your live but primary school were I live is for 5-11 year olds, probably the same for him as well.
Quote:
343 said even before Halo 4 that the next Halo game would be on the next Xbox. And honestly there is nothing greedy about that, gaming has to move on and improve, it can't do that with outdated hardware.
Quote:
How can a console with 10 year old hardware even begin to run the mcc?

It would be split up into separate discs, no matchmaking for all four games and no dedicated servers.

No 1080p or 60fps.

Halo 2a multiplayer couldn't run . On the 360.

5 years from now when 360 live is shutdown, i can still play halo 3 on my one.
I see why you would be upset not getting it on 360, but it's like asking forThe Last of Us remastered for Xbox 360, totally different architecture. 343s vision for TMCC is to have all Master Chief games playable on Xbox One, not just to remaster Halo 2
I Fully agree halo 2 should come to xbox 360 like how they did halo CE
I actually agree with him, H2A should be on 360, just take a look at halo 4. It looks about the same in terms of aesthetics, to Halo 5. Just run H2A on 4's aesthetics engine, and BAM H2A for 360. Don't port the whole MCC, as it is a broken game. Just Halo 2, they have all the files for it, and so therefore, all they would do is port it. It wouldn't be watered down aesthetics wise, because Halo 4 looks very similar. People also say that the cutscenes look way too good to be ported back. I say that they can because you can watch transformers on the original Xbox, therefore the cutscenes can be ported, as they don't need much processing power because the entities within aren't thinking, NPC wise. Me personally, I don't care about 1080P 60FPS, so a downgrade in the smoothness of the frames wont be that great a deal, I still own Halo CE for the OG Xbox and I play it on the OG Xbox, so I'm used to 30FPS, the 60FPS can go to hell if it means that we get H2A to 360. People also say that it would be a bad business decision to do so as they are trying to push the Xbones, but really it wouldn't be a bad business decision because the MCC has been out for a few years, so has Halo 5. Most people hate halo 4, 5, and the MCC, as the MCC is a broken game. If they release Halo 2 Anniversary for 360 AND One, then people will be overjoyed as they will actually be able to play a game most of us have nostalgia for, with new aesthetics, and if released on 360, the millions of people who own a 360, and can't afford a X1 (myself included) will buy the crap out of it.

Overall, 360 NEEDS halo 2, it would be a good business decision to do so, I really don't understand why 343i will not do it. because it is a good idea no matter what they say. People who wanted MCC will have already bought a X1, so pushing more X1 sales will not be possible using MCC, you push more X1 sales by releasing H2A on X1, then a couple months later, release it on 360. I'm not posting this to try to get them to do this, however that would be cool, I'm posting this so that all you people can understand why it wouldn't be a bad decision, but a good one. H2 is my favorite halo game, and I would love to see it travel to 360, and I bet that a lot of other people can agree on that.

PS.
when will people figure out that the X1 is a piece of ____. It has very few good games, microtransactions are at their worst, the controller is almost as large as the duke and has lost the 360's magically comfortable feel, Halo has changed the art style (for the worse), the promethians need ALOT of innovation, the movement mechanics are ripped straight out of destiny, ADS is present, and it improves your aim ALOT, if you don't believe me, go into forge and shoot a wall, a full mag with ADS, and a full mag without, COD WWII is a watered down version of CODWAW, Destiny is a mediocre game, most games are digital which means that you have to wait up to THREE DAYS for them to download, the controller can break very easily, it includes the Kinect (which you can't turn off and it uses UV to map your body (UV is very harmful to your eyes)), the first and last time I used a X1, it took me about 30 MINS to figure out how it works, halo no longer supports CO-OP (they say that it is because they could not have 1080P 60FPS with split-screen, yet they were able to do so with the MCC, and don't say that it contributed to the buggy mess that it was when it released, because framerate doesn't affect programming.)
Please don't revive 3 year old threads thanks.

Halo 4 was already pushing the absolute limits when it was released and the reworks to the Halo 4 engine for H2A would absolutely push it right over the limit. Although still supported, the console itself was discontinued back in 2016 and the last game i can find released for the console was back in September / October last year (nearly 6 months ago).

H2A on the 360 is never going to happen I'm afraid.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7