Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 2 (Anniversary) multiplayer - issue

OP MidnightClub675

Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer) only has 7 maps, meaning that it doesn't feel like a complete experience.
Will 343 address this unfinished remaster/remake?
I hope this situation gets sorted out.
Hoping with the release for PC they remake the rest of the maps for MP. High hopes but I could be dreaming. Even if they charged $5 I'd gladly pay for'em. What's there already is well done, and the multiplayer feels great & fun.
As much as I would love to see this as well, I kind of doubt this will happen as they would need Certain Affinity to make more maps (I don't know any of the details between 343 and CA) since they were the ones that worked on the multiplayer for H2A.
They might've made more maps if they stuck to their original plan and just released H2A, but they decided to put all the games on MCC so it's unlikely we'll get more maps like that.
iRaiseHell wrote:
Hoping with the release for PC they remake the rest of the maps for MP. High hopes but I could be dreaming. Even if they charged $5 I'd gladly pay for'em. What's there already is well done, and the multiplayer feels great & fun.
I would pay $10 per map 😂... Desperate times call for desperate measures! Don't get me started on a new H2 map, even if it was just a concept map, I'd pay 100 for it 😑... Getting to play the map "District" on MCC was a great feeling 🥺, as I had never played Halo 2 on PC, it was new to me.
As much as I would love to see this as well, I kind of doubt this will happen as they would need Certain Affinity to make more maps (I don't know any of the details between 343 and CA) since they were the ones that worked on the multiplayer for H2A.
Aren't 343 still aware of the short amount of maps on the Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer)?
I can certainly agree with you that Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer feels like an unfinished experience (for many reasons).

However, there's no point for 343 Industries, or any other development team for that matter, to waste any more time on that particular pointless debacle of glorified Halo 4 DLC.

Instead, 343 Industries needs to be spending all available time and resources fixing the broken ports of classic Halo games on the MCC.