Skip to main content
Playing Halo 2 on heroic be like:

Master Chief: *gets hit by 1 uncharged plasma pistol shot
Shields: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

why
Charged plasma pistol shots will knock out your shields, especially on heroic. Even uncharged shots will do more damage.
The beeping is a audio indicator that your shields are currently down and need to recharge.
That is why.
Because Halo 2's higher difficulties are infamously a lot harder than the other Halo games.
Because a Charged Plasma Pistol shot is pretty much a EMP shot, which is why your shields go down with 1 Charged Shot
Heroic & Legendary have higher damage modifiers for the enemies. When you play on Easy, it takes them longer to deplete your shield then it does on the ones i've mentioned.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Charged plasma pistol shots will knock out your shields, especially on heroic.
The beeping is a audio indicator that your shields are currently down and need to recharge.
That is why.
Because a Charged Plasma Pistol shot is pretty much a EMP shot, which is why your shields go down with 1 Charged Shot
OP should go to the Halo Wikia and study.
  • When a Plasma Pistol is charged (shown as a bright green ball). This shot, when fired, can home in on the target. Upon hitting the target, if it has a shield, the shield will be depleted making the target vulnerable to health damage.
There's even a demonstration about it when you first start Halo 2. Lord Hood has you stand in the shield generator. It regens your shield and will simulate a charged plasma shot before regening again.
XenobyteZX wrote:

why
The OP says uncharged, folks.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Charged plasma pistol shots will knock out your shields, especially on heroic.
That is why.
OP should go to the Halo Wikia and study.
  • When a Plasma Pistol is charged (shown as a bright green ball). This shot, when fired, can home in on the target. Upon hitting the target, if it has a shield, the shield will be depleted making the target vulnerable to health damage.
There's even a demonstration about it when you first start Halo 2. Lord Hood has you stand in the shield generator. It regens your shield and will simulate a charged plasma shot before regening again.
XenobyteZX wrote:

why
The OP says uncharged, folks.
I just edited mine. I misread that and have fixed it.
Honestly it’s never happened to me with one uncharged shot, I can’t tell if you’re exaggerating. But with about 3 I do hear the low shield noise. It is heroic. Halo 2’s difficulties were the worst compared to the other games.
Halo 2 is the hardest Halo game. I think your exaggerated because it does take a single bot to bring shields down that much, but it may as well because the covies shoot so fast on harder difficulties. All honestly keep playing and keep trying, it gets better.
this is a meme thread you guys know that right?

also it turns out I accidentally turned the difficulty to legendary
XenobyteZX wrote:
this is a meme thread you guys know that right?

also it turns out I accidentally turned the difficulty to legendary
You didn't label it as a meme. "why" indicated that you didn't understand why it was happening. Memes never get posted on here. They get posted on discords and reddit.
I've never experienced a uncharged shot taking down my shields on legendary unless it was a volley of shots
At least something alerts you to your imminent death in Heroic.. unlike H2 Legendary lol
Lol ikr lmao
At least something alerts you to your imminent death in Heroic.. unlike H2 Legendary lol
Jackal Snipers. (And really just any enemy lol) I got spawn-locked by them once, even on heroic.
XenobyteZX wrote:
Jackal Snipers. (And really just any enemy lol) I got spawn-locked by them once, even on heroic.
Check out H2 Legendary Gravemind. You will literally die before the black screen fades after the cutscene
Because Halo 2's higher difficulties are infamously a lot harder than the other Halo games.
And a lot of it was intentional choices mixed with unintentionally poorly designed levels.

The Jackal Snipers were intentional, the Sniper Alley probably wasnt.