1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, I’ve noticed something

Halo CE: Gets customizable visors and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo 3: Gets visors, new armor, and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo Reach: Gets some new armor
Halo 4: Gets new helmets, adds armor effects(unless they were already in halo 4, not sure), and new weapon skins
-
Halo 2 classic/anniversary: Gets nothing
-
Halo CE through 4 gets playlists in ranked

halo 2 classic gets nothing,

am I missing something?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like halo 2 is getting little to no attention whatsoever, it feels empty

is there any reason why halo 2 is pretty much left out of all the updates to these games? Is there a reason that halo 2 has no ranked playlists?

I would really like to see Halo 2 get the MCC update treatment along side all the others
The version of Halo 2 Classic in MCC is the Vista port, which apparently was a terrible port, so 343 cant really add anything to H2C because its broken and being held together by strings. H2A however, could get some maps ported from Halo 4 as it runs on the same engine.
I am guessing because H2C is a pain to maintain the fixes and (hopefully) new content are taking longer to develop than the other titles. H2C and H2A rotate their ranked playlists.
H2C was actually the vista port being held together by a thread, apparently it wasn't a good port, so I can see the struggles 343 would have to go through to add new content/fix it.
Halo 2 in MCC is a port of the game which is a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Halo 2’s code is notorious for being a mess and a pain to manage.

I’m sure we would all love to have more content in Halo 2 and I’m sure 343i do too. However it is much more complicated to add to or change things within Halo 2 due to how messy and complicated that code is.

It could come in the future but I wouldn’t set your hopes too high on this one. Halo 2 hasn’t got any content for this long for a reason.
it would be kinda cool to get some new maps in halo 2 classic, or maybe even mod tools.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
TheDonCJG wrote:
Halo 2 in MCC is a port of the game which is a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Halo 2’s code is notorious for being a mess and a pain to manage.

I’m sure we would all love to have more content in Halo 2 and I’m sure 343i do too. However it is much more complicated to add to or change things within Halo 2 due to how messy and complicated that code is.

It could come in the future but I wouldn’t set your hopes too high on this one. Halo 2 hasn’t got any content for this long for a reason.
How a AAA developer can’t fix the halo 2 vista port but a group of unpaid modders can is unbelievable. Project cartographer fixed halo 2 vista and added many levels and mods to it. You’re argument doesn’t hold any weight and you should do some proper research before spewing the same thing you heard before in a reddit echo chamber. Yes the reason it has not got any content this long is because 343 doesn’t care to fix it.
There’s really no need to start trying to insult my reply to a thread, this is supposed to be a communal discussion no?

I don’t even use Reddit, never have.
We’re able to discuss a topic without being overly reactive.
Or are you just trying to provoke people for the sake of it? All of your replies above haven’t exactly been constructive, more so just attacking anyone who disagrees or has a different view.

I’m saying Halo 2 is a tough thing to fix, it’s not impossible but 343i probably don’t have the time to actually do it. Supporting your game & developing a entirely new one is a lot of work.
I don’t think it’s a meter of capability but priority, if Halo 2 is more work than it’s worth it’s probably pushed back and isn’t getting content.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

How a AAA developer can’t fix the halo 2 vista port but a group of unpaid modders can is unbelievable. Project cartographer fixed halo 2 vista and added many levels and mods to it. You’re argument doesn’t hold any weight and you should do some proper research before spewing the same thing you heard before in a reddit echo chamber. Yes the reason it has not got any content this long is because 343 doesn’t care to fix it.
There’s really no need to start trying to insult my reply to a thread, this is supposed to be a communal discussion no?

Or are you just trying to provoke people for the sake of it? All of your replies above haven’t exactly been constructive, more so just attacking anyone who disagrees or has a different view.

I’m saying Halo 2 is a tough thing to fix, it’s not impossible but 343i probably don’t have the time to actually do it. Supporting your game & developing a entirely new one is a lot of work.
I don’t think it’s a meter of capability but priority, if Halo 2 is more work than it’s worth it’s probably pushed back and isn’t getting content.
Seven years. It’s not a point of view it’s a fact. Try not to get offended as easily.
Plushhyyy wrote:
H2C was actually the vista port being held together by a thread, apparently it wasn't a good port, so I can see the struggles 343 would have to go through to add new content/fix it.
7 years of struggles? Give me a break.
Not this guy again....

Halo 4: Gets new helmets, adds armor effects(unless they were already in halo 4, not sure), and new weapon skins
-
-

am I missing something?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like halo 2 is getting little to no attention whatsoever, it feels empty

is there any reason why halo 2 is pretty much left out of all the updates to these games? Is there a reason that halo 2 has no ranked playlists?

I would really like to see Halo 2 get the MCC update treatment along side all the others
Fyi, there's 2 Ranked H2 playlists in rotation. MLG H2 and HCS H2A.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Seven years. It’s not a point of view it’s a fact. Try not to get offended as easily.
I’m not offended, more so baffled that you come to a forum, refuse to have a discussion about anything but more so state your opinion is fact and is the only viewpoint anyone should have.

Halo MCC hasn’t even had seasonal content for 7 years. It’s barely had it for 2 years at most.
Maybe you’re needing to leave the “Reddit echo chambers” and check your facts?

Let’s actually have a rational discussion instead of writing off anyone who disagrees with you.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

I’m not offended, more so baffled that you come to a forum, refuse to have a discussion about anything but more so state your opinion is fact and is the only viewpoint anyone should have.

Halo MCC hasn’t even had seasonal content for 7 years. It’s barely had it for 2 years at most.

Let’s actually have a rational discussion instead of writing off anyone who disagrees with you.
Halo mcc has been out for almost seven years. Halo 2 classic fixes should not have to wait until seasonal content is released to be fixed. I’m not writing you off I’m just telling you that you are wrong and I am right. There really is no other way around it. Judging by you’re first comment you know nothing on the subject of fixing halo 2 vista. By the way it’s ok to say that a company is lackluster. Not all decisions done by companies are for the benefit of the consumer. Whatever echo chamber you got you’re information from it’s incorrect.

-
-

am I missing something?

not only that but am i the only one getting sick of H3 cosmetics?
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Halo mcc has been out for almost seven years. Halo 2 classic fixes should not have to wait until seasonal content is released to be fixed. I’m not writing you off I’m just telling you that you are wrong and I am right. There really is no other way around it. Judging by you’re first comment you know nothing on the subject of fixing halo 2 vista. By the way it’s ok to say that a company is lackluster. Not all decisions done by companies are for the benefit of the consumer. Whatever echo chamber you got you’re information from it’s incorrect.
Once again, this echo chamber nonsense. I’m very much capable of making my own thoughts and conclusions thank you very much.

Im well aware when MCC launched, I was playing it. As you should know, the time spent between launch and seasonal content was spent actually fixing the game to a playable state.

There is no “right” or “wrong”. This is a open discussion so please get that idea out of the conversation.

You may feel that 343i is lacklustre and that’s okay, if they haven’t met your expectations that’s completely fine.
I agree, there are things they could have done better. I’m not here to defend them, I’m not paid to do so and don’t benefit from doing so either.
However my opinions on them is that they’re fine, they make Halo games, I’ll play them. I don’t really have the energy nor time to be upset about a video game.
Yeah, I kinda agree here, Halo 2 is like the one game everybody forgets and somehow says it was the best. I agree here that Halo 2 was indeed the best and better yet, I remember how fun it was on the Xbox original, to this day I have the copy of Halo 2 in mint condition for Xbox original. 343 please give Halo 2 some love here, I understand if its a huge task, but you would be doing us a huge favor.

-
-

am I missing something?

not only that but am i the only one getting sick of H3 cosmetics?
Yeah, not gonna lie, the Anvil cosmetics are kinda dumb and the Raven ones are decent, like who adds that kind of armor to H3? If anything that kind of armor belongs in something like H2A.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2