Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
it would be kinda cool to get some new maps in halo 2 classic, or maybe even mod tools.
It would be a real jaw drop if we did receive updates for H2 and H2A.
I get that H2 Classic might be a mess on the code side and 343 would rather not dive into it in an attempt to sort it out, but that leaves H2A wide open for some attention. More customization for our Spartans in H2A would be greatly appreciated, as well as new maps. Maps are the priority IMO. The game desperately needs new unique play spaces. If the team wants to throw in some weapon skins and armor pieces along with them, no problem and sign me up!
So, I’ve noticed something

Halo CE: Gets customizable visors and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo 3: Gets visors, new armor, and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo Reach: Gets some new armor
Halo 4: Gets new helmets, adds armor effects(unless they were already in halo 4, not sure), and new weapon skins
-
Halo 2 classic/anniversary: Gets nothing
-
Halo CE through 4 gets playlists in ranked

halo 2 classic gets nothing,

am I missing something?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like halo 2 is getting little to no attention whatsoever, it feels empty

is there any reason why halo 2 is pretty much left out of all the updates to these games? Is there a reason that halo 2 has no ranked playlists?

I would really like to see Halo 2 get the MCC update treatment along side all the others
not only that but am i the only one getting sick of H3 cosmetics?
Yeah, not gonna lie, the Anvil cosmetics are kinda dumb and the Raven ones are decent, like who adds that kind of armor to H3? If anything that kind of armor belongs in something like H2A.
not only that but the lore is just all over the place and alot of it is out of line
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Halo 2 in MCC is a port of the game which is a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Halo 2’s code is notorious for being a mess and a pain to manage.

I’m sure we would all love to have more content in Halo 2 and I’m sure 343i do too. However it is much more complicated to add to or change things within Halo 2 due to how messy and complicated that code is.

It could come in the future but I wouldn’t set your hopes too high on this one. Halo 2 hasn’t got any content for this long for a reason.
How a AAA developer can’t fix the halo 2 vista port but a group of unpaid modders can is unbelievable. Project cartographer fixed halo 2 vista and added many levels and mods to it. You’re argument doesn’t hold any weight and you should do some proper research before spewing the same thing you heard before in a reddit echo chamber. Yes the reason it has not got any content this long is because 343 doesn’t care to fix it.
There’s really no need to start trying to insult my reply to a thread, this is supposed to be a communal discussion no?

I don’t even use Reddit, never have.
We’re able to discuss a topic without being overly reactive.
Or are you just trying to provoke people for the sake of it? All of your replies above haven’t exactly been constructive, more so just attacking anyone who disagrees or has a different view.

I’m saying Halo 2 is a tough thing to fix, it’s not impossible but 343i probably don’t have the time to actually do it. Supporting your game & developing a entirely new one is a lot of work.
I don’t think it’s a meter of capability but priority, if Halo 2 is more work than it’s worth it’s probably pushed back and isn’t getting content.
Seven years. It’s not a point of view it’s a fact. Try not to get offended as easily.
I’m not offended, more so baffled that you come to a forum, refuse to have a discussion about anything but more so state your opinion is fact and is the only viewpoint anyone should have.

Halo MCC hasn’t even had seasonal content for 7 years. It’s barely had it for 2 years at most.
Maybe you’re needing to leave the “Reddit echo chambers” and check your facts?

Let’s actually have a rational discussion instead of writing off anyone who disagrees with you.
Halo mcc has been out for almost seven years. Halo 2 classic fixes should not have to wait until seasonal content is released to be fixed. I’m not writing you off I’m just telling you that you are wrong and I am right. There really is no other way around it. Judging by you’re first comment you know nothing on the subject of fixing halo 2 vista. By the way it’s ok to say that a company is lackluster. Not all decisions done by companies are for the benefit of the consumer. Whatever echo chamber you got you’re information from it’s incorrect.
Once again, this echo chamber nonsense. I’m very much capable of making my own thoughts and conclusions thank you very much.

Im well aware when MCC launched, I was playing it. As you should know, the time spent between launch and seasonal content was spent actually fixing the game to a playable state.

There is no “right” or “wrong”. This is a open discussion so please get that idea out of the conversation.

You may feel that 343i is lacklustre and that’s okay, if they haven’t met your expectations that’s completely fine.
I agree, there are things they could have done better. I’m not here to defend them, I’m not paid to do so and don’t benefit from doing so either.
However my opinions on them is that they’re fine, they make Halo games, I’ll play them. I don’t really have the energy nor time to be upset about a video game.
So you don’t actually have any actual data to back up what you said in you’re first post about h2c not being fixed this long for a reason. The reason is because they don’t want to or are not skilled enough to do so. I gave you examples of a modding community fixing it but you have not even acknowledged it. At this point you are just saying things that have no meaning and are trying to backtrack on an issue you obviously haven’t done any research on.
I’ve heard what you said, and I’ve given likely reasons as to why 343i may not have gone and fixed H2C.
Modders aren’t supporting games, servers, crating a new game engine & AAA game for a multitude of game consoles & PC specs. I’m sure 343i have the capabilities to do so - like I said prior is it actually enough of a priority on their list of things to do with MCC right now? Clearly that answer is no.
Most of 343i are working on Infinite, whilst a small team of contractors & devs work on MCC.
If modders have been able to fix H2C then I’m sure 343i are able to do so given the opportunity and time too. At present it seems like they don’t have the time nor opportunity yet. That’s not ruling it out for the future though.

Speaking of not acknowledging, there’s plenty which you outright refused to even acknowledge. Others opinions for starts. Anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and you’re being incredibly defensive about the topic when there’s really no need.
I do read posts, I may not reply to all of it but I certainly read it.
XenobyteZX wrote:
The version of Halo 2 Classic in MCC is the Vista port, which apparently was a terrible port, so 343 cant really add anything to H2C because its broken and being held together by strings. H2A however, could get some maps ported from Halo 4 as it runs on the same engine.
How do you explain project cartographer?
That’s a mod.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Halo 2 in MCC is a port of the game which is a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Halo 2’s code is notorious for being a mess and a pain to manage.

I’m sure we would all love to have more content in Halo 2 and I’m sure 343i do too. However it is much more complicated to add to or change things within Halo 2 due to how messy and complicated that code is.

It could come in the future but I wouldn’t set your hopes too high on this one. Halo 2 hasn’t got any content for this long for a reason.
How a AAA developer can’t fix the halo 2 vista port but a group of unpaid modders can is unbelievable. Project cartographer fixed halo 2 vista and added many levels and mods to it. You’re argument doesn’t hold any weight and you should do some proper research before spewing the same thing you heard before in a reddit echo chamber. Yes the reason it has not got any content this long is because 343 doesn’t care to fix it.
There’s really no need to start trying to insult my reply to a thread, this is supposed to be a communal discussion no?

I don’t even use Reddit, never have.
We’re able to discuss a topic without being overly reactive.
Or are you just trying to provoke people for the sake of it? All of your replies above haven’t exactly been constructive, more so just attacking anyone who disagrees or has a different view.

I’m saying Halo 2 is a tough thing to fix, it’s not impossible but 343i probably don’t have the time to actually do it. Supporting your game & developing a entirely new one is a lot of work.
I don’t think it’s a meter of capability but priority, if Halo 2 is more work than it’s worth it’s probably pushed back and isn’t getting content.
Seven years. It’s not a point of view it’s a fact. Try not to get offended as easily.
Stop being a YOINK. Your logic is flawed anyways. Get a grip.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand. Do not make non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Halo 2 in MCC is a port of the game which is a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Halo 2’s code is notorious for being a mess and a pain to manage.

I’m sure we would all love to have more content in Halo 2 and I’m sure 343i do too. However it is much more complicated to add to or change things within Halo 2 due to how messy and complicated that code is.

It could come in the future but I wouldn’t set your hopes too high on this one. Halo 2 hasn’t got any content for this long for a reason.
How a AAA developer can’t fix the halo 2 vista port but a group of unpaid modders can is unbelievable. Project cartographer fixed halo 2 vista and added many levels and mods to it. You’re argument doesn’t hold any weight and you should do some proper research before spewing the same thing you heard before in a reddit echo chamber. Yes the reason it has not got any content this long is because 343 doesn’t care to fix it.
There’s really no need to start trying to insult my reply to a thread, this is supposed to be a communal discussion no?

I don’t even use Reddit, never have.
We’re able to discuss a topic without being overly reactive.
Or are you just trying to provoke people for the sake of it? All of your replies above haven’t exactly been constructive, more so just attacking anyone who disagrees or has a different view.

I’m saying Halo 2 is a tough thing to fix, it’s not impossible but 343i probably don’t have the time to actually do it. Supporting your game & developing a entirely new one is a lot of work.
I don’t think it’s a meter of capability but priority, if Halo 2 is more work than it’s worth it’s probably pushed back and isn’t getting content.
Seven years. It’s not a point of view it’s a fact. Try not to get offended as easily.
Stop being a YOINK. Your logic is flawed anyways. Get a grip.
Nope
In their latest Dev update, they did tease Halo 2 content might be coming soon if you scroll down a bit, here’s to hoping it’s true & it does gets the love it deserves
XenobyteZX wrote:
XenobyteZX wrote:
The version of Halo 2 Classic in MCC is the Vista port, which apparently was a terrible port, so 343 cant really add anything to H2C because its broken and being held together by strings. H2A however, could get some maps ported from Halo 4 as it runs on the same engine.
How do you explain project cartographer?
That’s a mod.
No it’s a fixed version of halo 2 vista. Much more than a mod, but I’m not surprised you don’t know the difference.
Ok, but what does this has to do with MCC? They arnt just gonna bring a mod into MCC
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
XenobyteZX wrote:
XenobyteZX wrote:
XenobyteZX wrote:
The version of Halo 2 Classic in MCC is the Vista port, which apparently was a terrible port, so 343 cant really add anything to H2C because its broken and being held together by strings. H2A however, could get some maps ported from Halo 4 as it runs on the same engine.
How do you explain project cartographer?
That’s a mod.
No it’s a fixed version of halo 2 vista. Much more than a mod, but I’m not surprised you don’t know the difference.
Ok, but what does this has to do with MCC? They arnt just gonna bring a mod into MCC
Try not to think of halo 2 classic on the mcc as it’s own version because it is not. It is a halo 2 vista port, in fact it is the same one that project cartographer uses. Project cartographer fixed the port, 343 did not. Try to use common sense here and ask yourself how a group of unpaid modders can come together and fix halo 2 vista but a AAA Developer can’t. The argument of them not being able to fix or add anything to halo 2 classic due to fragile code is a fallacy. No excuse as to why they refused to fix it going on seven years after release.
To offer a constructive counter point to the discussion; perhaps being able to work through the code and add new features to Halo 2, is something that 343 can achieve, just that it will take time.

People modding in their spare time can work on a project for as long as they like, and they can release it once it’s finished. Where as within a company, there are deadlines to be met. How small the ‘small team’, as 343 puts it, is up for debate. But each dev likely has their role to play, set tasks to achieve, etc. As the seasons progressed, and updates moved from bringing the games in stable states over to PC, and generally improving the quality on console, they moved in to adding new content.

With the other games being easier to work with in general, they could get more content out per work hour for them, rather than dedicating more people to focus on Halo 2. And even though the seasonal drops haven’t exactly been dropping to any sort of schedule, they likely have internal deadlines, and higher-ups likely want to keep the ball rolling up to the launch of Infinite.

There is hope though.

With Season 9 and onwards being less seasonally focused, and more towards ready-when-it’s-ready style updates, it could allow the team more time to focus on areas with uncertain timescales needed to fix them. They won’t need to focus on pushing 100 cosmetic items out every few months, and can simply work on projects until their done.

There’s potential that 343 could have been saving work on Halo 2 until after Infinite launches, and most of us will be busy over there, so they can spend time getting Halo 2 updates working right. It would also work as a good way to bring back players to MCC, say mid 2022, when we’ll likely be midway between major expansions to Infinite.

Outside of cosmetics, a lot of the updates like to the UI, FOV sliders, etc, we’re all talked about within the forums and the community. There’s no way that they don’t know we want Halo 2 updates, as with every update that lands, Halo 2 becomes the hottest topic around. And the elephant in the room only gets bigger with every update that doesn’t have anything for Halo 2.
For this reason, I have a small modicum of faith, that 343 are currently looking into it, or have plans to tackle Halo 2 content post-Infinite.
So, I’ve noticed something

Halo CE: Gets customizable visors and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo 3: Gets visors, new armor, and weapon/vehicle skins
Halo Reach: Gets some new armor
Halo 4: Gets new helmets, adds armor effects(unless they were already in halo 4, not sure), and new weapon skins
-
Halo 2 classic/anniversary: Gets nothing
-
Halo CE through 4 gets playlists in ranked

halo 2 classic gets nothing,

am I missing something?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like halo 2 is getting little to no attention whatsoever, it feels empty

is there any reason why halo 2 is pretty much left out of all the updates to these games? Is there a reason that halo 2 has no ranked playlists?

I would really like to see Halo 2 get the MCC update treatment along side all the others
not only that but am i the only one getting sick of H3 cosmetics?
I love halo 3, and am biased, but admittedly I believe that the cosmetics have gone overboard. The armor with the blue lights all over are hideous and the season 8 content shows that the creators have hit a brick wall. Please end halo 3 customization before any more damage can be done to such a perfect game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2