First off let me start by saying a play halo 2 online through project cartographer and know how halo 2 feels. I have played since 2006. The new update back in August has completely changed the feel of halo 2. Its alot more clunky and much harder to aim. This was not the case in mcc pre update. Thanks.
The aiming seems fine to be, I tend to only play H2C in the SWAT playlist and it never felt clunky.
From the Update notes:

Quote:
Aim Sensitivity / "Feel"
We are continuing our efforts to investigate what players have been talking about regarding aiming, aim sensitivity, and how it feels in game. This particular issue is uniquely challenging because it is so subjective – while some players state that aiming/movement feels “off”, others have given feedback that it feels “better than ever.” As far as the code is concerned, there’s nothing in there that would explain why the version in MCC feels better/worse than it did in the original title. The team has really been focused on making the MCC games as close to their original counterparts as possible and they’ve made a lot of great progress in this area.
Beyond the game code itself, there are multiple factors that can contribute to how the game “feels” to players:
  1. Each Halo game is fundamentally different, and each has its own unique nuances with regards to how it “feels.” In some cases, players may just not remember that Halo 3 always felt a little different (and uses a different hit detection model, for example). Moving between different Halo titles within MCC can make it feel extra noticeable when one or more games feel different (even more so if you’re point of reference is something newer like Halo 4 or even Halo 5)
  2. Your internet connection can have a big impact on how the game feels when playing online. Spotty wi-fi and high latency connections to dedicated servers can definitely have a negative impact on your accuracy, timing, and overall "feel" of the game.
  3. Some players are now playing these games with HDR enabled for the first time. Many TVs and monitors can experience higher than normal input latency with HDR enabled. We’ve spoken with a few players who adjusted their TV settings (most have a “game” mode that tends to reduce this latency) and reported things feeling much better.
  4. The game code may be nearly identical to the original but the hardware is definitely not. The console, and more importantly the controller, has many subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the different generations. The Xbox One controllers don’t behave exactly the same as the Xbox 360 version did – particularly when it comes to the “dead zones” that games have to account for.
We’re not dismissing player reports around the control and feel of the games – but we did want to expand upon the complexities involved. Some have suggested we should just “add Halo 4’s controller code to Halo 3” but it’s far from that simple. We want to maintain the original integrity of the title, not completely change it, but also there are plenty of players who do think it feels fine as-is, and wouldn’t want a drastic change like that.
Instead, the team would ideally like to offer even greater player customization options for control settings. The team has some prototypes already in our internal builds and they're exploring options for adding a finer level of calibration and customization. Such a feature would give players the ability to have more control over sensitivity and aim acceleration in a future update. As we learn more we will continue to update on this topic.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-september-update
To me halo 2 feels amazing right now hopefully they dont change it back lol. I notice a difference too in aming whether because of the aiming itself or a reduction in aim assist either way i like it when it feels or is a bit harder to aim.
To me halo 2 feels amazing right now hopefully they dont change it back lol. I notice a difference too in aming whether because of the aiming itself or a reduction in aim assist either way i like it when it feels or is a bit harder to aim.
Nah its a disservice to the original halo 2 community to keep it the way it is. Most of us active halo 2 junkies are playing project cartographer until they fix it.
First off let me start by saying a play halo 2 online through project cartographer and know how halo 2 feels. I have played since 2006. The new update back in August has completely changed the feel of halo 2. Its alot more clunky and much harder to aim. This was not the case in mcc pre update. Thanks.
For me all the games in MCC feel clunky, especially H3. It is stupid how Original 30 FPS old 360 hardware Halo 3 can have less input lag/faster aiming... ;(
It's sad really. It's fine if one is not into competitive Halo or not so sensitive to input lag. I, however, am VERY sensitive!
H2C, however, still has the least clunky/heavy aim out of the games I normally play on MCC, even after this extra input lag with that update! Think how bad the other games must be then! Ewwww! :/
Has the names color changed for anyone? I swore for halo 1 your enemies name was blue and then in Halo 2 it was purple, now in both games it is red like in Halo 3 and 4
Oh halo 2 is definitely different. There's fall damage and the spawns are messed up. Played a game of coagulation slayer today and the starting spawns were completely random. I was a mile away from my team and had two enemies right next to me (At the start!). The spawning system just seems to spawn you near other players all the time. It's chaos.
What have they done to Halo 2, they better fix my baby! :P
Has the names color changed for anyone? I swore for halo 1 your enemies name was blue and then in Halo 2 it was purple, now in both games it is red like in Halo 3 and 4
I'm sure the red font over your enemies in Halo CE and 2 is deliberate.

The red font was added in Halo CE since MCC Insider was rolled out. With Halo 2, it was changed to red in the latest update.
I played a few games of Halo 2 Classic, midship FFA on Saturday with some reasonably competent players and didn't notice any problems, this is coming from a 2004 Halo 2 player who remembers the competitive scene all too well.

Something tells me a lot of this is due to:

• Move from 30 fps to 60 fps
  • Move from CRT TVs to LCD
  • Move to Xbox One controller
If you take the above into consideration, very little has changed. This was also touched on in the last update from 343.
I play all the time on project cartographer which is 60 fps on a xbox one controller. This game plays nothing like that. Its clunky, battle rifle trades in duels, bxr trades, not to mention the kill box is all messed up. This is not due to any of those reasons ;retail mcc h2c played identical to vista, now it plays nothing like it.
As the update touched on, it seems like different players have different experiences. I can't say I noticed any variation when I account for what I mentioned above but you may be more sensitive to those things than me.
I play all the time on project cartographer which is 60 fps on a xbox one controller. This game plays nothing like that. Its clunky, battle rifle trades in duels, bxr trades, not to mention the kill box is all messed up. This is not due to any of those reasons ;retail mcc h2c played identical to vista, now it plays nothing like it.
That's because Halo 2 in MCC uses the Vista port of Halo 2.

Halo 2 Vista has a few differences compared to Halo 2 on the OG Xbox. Most notably, the fire rates for some weapons such as the Carbine and Shotgun due to the guys developing the PC port not adjusting the tick rates to accommodate 60 fps.

They did these changes to replicate Halo 2 on the original Xbox. If anyone remembers what they said during E3 2014, MCC's reveal:
Quote:
Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago
That's because Halo 2 in MCC uses the Vista port of Halo 2.

Halo 2 Vista has a few differences compared to Halo 2 on the OG Xbox. Most notably, the fire rates for some weapons such as the Carbine and Shotgun due to the guys developing the PC port not adjusting the tick rates to accommodate 60 fps.

They did these changes to replicate Halo 2 on the original Xbox. If anyone remembers what they said during E3 2014, MCC's reveal:
Quote:
Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago
Rate of fire has nothing to do with feeling heavy and clunky. I know all about the rates of fire I played on the xbox throughout 2005-2008. On project cartographer they actually have a mod so it shoots like the og rate of fire and it plays flawlessly. You quoted exactly as it shipped 10 years ago but this version of halo 2 is far from that.
Nah its a disservice to the original halo 2 community to keep it the way it is. Most of us active halo 2 junkies are playing project cartographer until they fix it.
Ive been playing h2 since day one and honestly the game would feel so much better with reduced aim assist/magnetism. Altho i hate that there is fall damage now for some reason and the fact that XSV shot doesnt work anymore almost at all. Also they should defo work on the hit reg and make it more consistent.
Myself and many of members of the competitive H2 community have been trying to tell Postums this, but so far it looks like there's nothing that is going to be done. They attempted to "make it like LAN" but somehow made it play and feel like 2007 Vista.
I always was less consistent RRX’ing on Vista, especially RRXYYRRX. Was it always a bit off on there? I always just thought it was my low end PC at the time, but now I’m thinking it may not have been. I felt like this version was a bit easier to get down, but still felt random like Vista versus OG Box where I could do it without error 99.999%.
YamaMX wrote:
I always was less consistent RRX’ing on Vista, especially RRXYYRRX. Was it always a bit off on there? I always just thought it was my low end PC at the time, but now I’m thinking it may not have been. I felt like this version was a bit easier to get down, but still felt random like Vista versus OG Box where I could do it without error 99.999%.
No you're not wrong. the 60 frames per second and tickrate affect the execution timing of H2's button glitches. That's why so many of us were devastated when we learned that MCC's H2 build was essentially a ported Vista instead of OG Xbox.
PLEASE 343, REMOVE THE RED NAMES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. its honestly the biggest distraction. Why would they feel the need to change what already worked???