Hi. This time I want to discuss one recent change that was applied to the Halo 2 Classic sword.

The main point is, which sword's feature was exactly changed and why? I'll explain the issues I've detected since the update:

1- When lunging at someone, the hit isn't detected, you just run until you reach the player but for whatever reason it gets stuck and doesn't connect. Also, the lunge now feels "unrealistic" or weird; I can't define it exactly as I've not tested it enough.

2 - The second one worries me even more; when lunging at someone, you'll sometimes FLY. I'll explain this case better: I was playimg on Lockout yesterday and pressed the right stick to kill an enemy, and suddenly there was a critical frame and then I flew, which made me fall into the ice mountains. But the issue is worse: it didn't kill the player. This problem has never happened to me before

I can't understand these fixes; am I the only one noticing those strange changes? Does this have any actual reason? If that's the case, please explain me how it has any sense. And if it's not, then tje update occassionated a new issue.
I dont think these are overall changes more so issues with the game, I would recommend trying to record it happening and showing it to the Devs on Twitter or post a hyperlink here or in the issues forums.
I actually was thinking this but thought it was just me. I was using it on several maps last night and it felt very off but I thought it was just me doing odd things. I do some wild parkour with the sword and because of that flying around sometimes things don't work out like they're supposed to but last night they never worked out like they were supposed to lol. I was not making contact when lunging at all. I would swing and move right next to them and have to B swipe to kill them.
One or two people have reported this since they changed the sword in the patch and re-added sword flying. I havn't noticed too much difference with it but then again I'm not the best player.

If you don't know what the sword flying glitch is, look at this example on youtube. He got a gravemind speedrun down to 9 minutes on MCC because of it.
This is quite a controversial topic. As far as I remember, the sword was this laggy in the og xbox version, but a few people prefer the less laggy sword from h2 vista which is how it used to be in MCC.
I dont think these are overall changes more so issues with the game, I would recommend trying to record it happening and showing it to the Devs on Twitter or post a hyperlink here or in the issues forums.
Agreed, a link to a video example would help make this a bit more clear.

oGh L0RCH wrote:
This is quite a controversial topic. As far as I remember, the sword was this laggy in the og xbox version, but a few people prefer the less laggy sword from h2 vista which is how it used to be in MCC.
And yes, the OG Xbox Halo 2 Energy Sword had a crazy long lunge and was simply ridiculous in nearly aspect. It was amazing!
Yes, I'll try to record it if the second issue happens again. The first one will be easy to get as it happens really often since the update.
oGh L0RCH wrote:
So what should it be like? In my opinion I prefer to have a less laggy sword that connects when it must do so and that doesn't make me fly away...

However, that might be tricky. I certainly don't know how it was in the Original because I've never been able to play it.
oGh L0RCH wrote:
So what should it be like? In my opinion I prefer to have a less laggy sword that connects when it must do so and that doesn't make me fly away...

However, that might be tricky. I certainly don't know how it was in the Original because I've never been able to play it.
The premise of MCC is to have each title be as close to the original as humanly possible, so it should behave the way it does right now.
The crazy flying helps with speed running and given that the sword has infinite ammo in MP, it'd be way too good there if it worked 100% of the time. So even from a "balance/design" standpoint, I think the laggy sword is the best option.
I wouldn't be opposed if they brought the sword lunging glitch back
Okay I KNEW something changed, I've SD'd in campaign by lunging straight off a cliff multiple times recently. So relieved it's not me sucking lol
Hi. This time I want to discuss one recent change that was applied to the Halo 2 Classic sword.

The main point is, which sword's feature was exactly changed and why? I'll explain the issues I've detected since the update:

1- When lunging at someone, the hit isn't detected, you just run until you reach the player but for whatever reason it gets stuck and doesn't connect. Also, the lunge now feels "unrealistic" or weird; I can't define it exactly as I've not tested it enough.

2 - The second one worries me even more; when lunging at someone, you'll sometimes FLY. I'll explain this case better: I was playimg on Lockout yesterday and pressed the right stick to kill an enemy, and suddenly there was a critical frame and then I flew, which made me fall into the ice mountains. But the issue is worse: it didn't kill the player. This problem has never happened to me before

I can't understand these fixes; am I the only one noticing those strange changes? Does this have any actual reason? If that's the case, please explain me how it has any sense. And if it's not, then tje update occassionated a new issue.
Just switch weapons mid sword lunge and BXR the guy. Bonus points for style.
By breaking the lunging aspect of Halo 2 though they broke the ability to silently kill enemy NPC's in campaign again as it was fixed in Halo 2 Vista/OG MCC.

I remember these things happening in the original H2..
For me the sword has always done that launching thing to me at random times since the original Halo 2, but I admit its happening more often.
This issue could also be a minor mistake in the massive process to make the weapons perform more like their Halo 2 on OG Xbox coutnerparts unlike when the game launched and they performed much more like the weapons on Halo 2 Vista, which always behaved a bit weird and more"Controlled".