Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo 2 Gravemind Laso Help!

OP ARTUR S 004 PT

Hi guys, I’ve got really far in my solo laso runs I’ve managed to finish CE,3,ODST,4 and Reach All by myself but now I seem to be stuck.
I cannot get passed the lift section that goes to the prison on gravemind. I’ve tried the button combo a+b followed by x and it just doesn’t work for me, I end up killing the brute too soon. I’m on my fourth run of the level and I thought I’d try the prison part since the skip wasn’t working and I’m dying before hitting the ground! I have full health and both triple shield! My Xbox seems to be lagging too as soon as the game starts up it lags for a split second then I die. Can anyone provide any help ?? Preferably someone who’s done it! Thanks
I have only just completed halo 3 on LASO so I’m prolly not the best person to get advice from, but I would rather go for the skip than deal with that prison fight. That fight is brutal.

I say keep trying the skip until it works. Maybe try switching to bumper jumper for the skip. I only play bumper jump and RB LB for jump and melee makes more sense ergonomically for the glitch I would think.
I have beat it and I have done this skip. I found you really need to be consistent with the combo and just keep the crosshair on the brute. You may want to look into alternatives for the prison itself but if you just be patient and keep at it it can work. Halo Completionist does such a good explanation for this level and the combo itself. Its probably best to practice on normal to try it out. I struggled with it for a bit but eventually it clicked. I used universal reclaimer. The pace is faster than expected to be.
Scorch27 wrote:
I have beat it and I have done this skip. I found you really need to be consistent with the combo and just keep the crosshair on the brute. You may want to look into alternatives for the prison itself but if you just be patient and keep at it it can work. Halo Completionist does such a good explanation for this level and the combo itself. Its probably best to practice on normal to try it out. I struggled with it for a bit but eventually it clicked. I used universal reclaimer. The pace is faster than expected to be.
Thanks for the input, I’m gonna try and see if I can stay alive on the drop down to the prison a few more times otherwise I’ll have to restart for the 5th time 😢
I'd recommend practicing the combo in easy to get the muscle memory down.
Jestzer wrote:
Everyone seems to be able to do it but me
Jestzer wrote:
It’s definitely not an easy combo to do.
I remember doing H2 LASO and the ONLY thing that held us back on Gravemind was getting that button combo down.
It’s just practice...a lot of it. We probably spent almost 2 hours practicing that button combo until we got it down.
You basically NEED to do it is you want to get past that mission on LASO. Your chances of surviving otherwise and slim to none.

It’s going to suck spending so much time doing one button trick but it’s basically essential. Give yourself some patience and time. It’ll get done eventually and you’ll never have to worry about it again.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
I remember doing H2 LASO and the ONLY thing that held us back on Gravemind was getting that button combo down.
It’s just practice...a lot of it. We probably spent almost 2 hours practicing that button combo until we got it down.
You basically NEED to do it is you want to get past that mission on LASO. Your chances of surviving otherwise and slim to none.

It’s going to suck spending so much time doing one button trick but it’s basically essential. Give yourself some patience and time. It’ll get done eventually and you’ll never have to worry about it again.
I just tried over 50 times on laso and couldn’t do it, now I tried on easy to practice and I got it first try! What am I missing here??
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

I just tried over 50 times on laso and couldn’t do it, now I tried on easy to practice and I got it first try! What am I missing here??
I have spent weeks on this!!
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

Might just be the pressure of LASO?
Personally I recommend just practicing on easy until you can get it consistently or at least somewhat consistently.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

Personally I recommend just practicing on easy until you can get it consistently or at least somewhat consistently.
I did it about an hour ago 😄 I’m so happy! You are indeed right it must of been the pressure. My fingers weren’t relaxed before and I was out of sync! Once I got past that it was a piece of cake! Here we go 700/700 tomorrow. Just high charity and the great journey left!
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

I did it about an hour ago 😄 I’m so happy! You are indeed right it must of been the pressure. My fingers weren’t relaxed before and I was out of sync! Once I got past that it was a piece of cake! Here we go 700/700 tomorrow. Just high charity and the great journey left!
Congratulations!!!
The rest of Halo 2 LASO is a piece of cake from here on out. Welcome to the 700 club :D
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

Congratulations!!!
The rest of Halo 2 LASO is a piece of cake from here on out. Welcome to the 700 club :D
Thank you
Just an FYI you can beat it without the skip. Just like anything master chief John 117 you just need a little luck.
Too late to the party here but I did the 700/700 achievement a few weeks ago. I spent about 2 hours trying the gravemind prison skip and I just aren't great at button combos so I did the prison section legit and it took 1.5 hours. Wish I had done that straight away.

Keep crouching and uncrocuching on the way down as you will descend quicker and not die before you hit the bottom. As soon as you get to the bottom don't stick a brute as it makes the other one go beserk. As soon as you hit the bottom go to the side and drop to the bottom level and rush to the lifts as there's a brute shot there. Pick it up as damage is very high from melees with it. Then do a simple b X b combo to beat down the enemies quickly as they come down. After a few kills you get a checkpoint and that's why the hardest part done!

Just take it slowly as there's a lot of carbine ammo around and then you can melee the purple crates into the doorways when releasing the prisoners if you need cover.

After you release the final prisoners there will be enemies coming down the lift. Just stand in between the up/down lifts on the middle level as they come down and the game glitches - the enemies die when they hit the ground.

I know this is too late now but it may help someone in the future if they search the forum.
Too late to the party here but I did the 700/700 achievement a few weeks ago. I spent about 2 hours trying the gravemind prison skip and I just aren't great at button combos so I did the prison section legit and it took 1.5 hours. Wish I had done that straight away.

Keep crouching and uncrocuching on the way down as you will descend quicker and not die before you hit the bottom. As soon as you get to the bottom don't stick a brute as it makes the other one go beserk. As soon as you hit the bottom go to the side and drop to the bottom level and rush to the lifts as there's a brute shot there. Pick it up as damage is very high from melees with it. Then do a simple b X b combo to beat down the enemies quickly as they come down. After a few kills you get a checkpoint and that's why the hardest part done!

Just take it slowly as there's a lot of carbine ammo around and then you can melee the purple crates into the doorways when releasing the prisoners if you need cover.

After you release the final prisoners there will be enemies coming down the lift. Just stand in between the up/down lifts on the middle level as they come down and the game glitches - the enemies die when they hit the ground.

I know this is too late now but it may help someone in the future if they search the forum.
I have no idea how you were even able to touch the floor without dying man but well done. I’ve done it now with the skip.