2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I see people saying "the game can't be changed because it would change the philosophy of the design" then in the same breath saying "use these skulls to customize it to your liking".

I do appreciate the suggestions given the options we currently have, but I'm asking for 343 to give us one more. There shouldn't be a single person against this unless maybe you work for 343 and don't want to dig into to the code base for Halo which is apparently a mess 😂

With all the customizing options given to us through the skulls, I think one that turns off the checkpoint restart on co-op (and for those that care, they can turn off scoring) isn't too much to ask.

And for the record, I didn't hate the campaign for Halo 2 (why would I be posting about it if I did?) I just said it was the most frustrating experience and compared to the others, it was obvious that it was rushed (although given the development story of that game I'm amazed we got something even playable, let alone good).
It was their intent to make it harder. And they accomplished that. Using zero point skulls voids score and certain achievements so if you want certain ones you have to do it legit. H2 isn’t that hard once you know the missions and where enemies spawn and how the behave. Once again deal
with it or don’t get achievements or play heroic there are your options
Are you even reading my posts? I said I don't give a damn about achievements. If people want to compare the size of their online boners, they can have at it. I just want to experience the legendary difficulty on co-op with the same rules and gameplay as all the other games in the series. That's it.
If you take away the iron effect as a whole it cheapens the achievement for completion.
In a previous post you said you were on board with another user's suggestion for a 0X skull that would disable the "iron effect" of legendary, which is also what I'm saying. Now you're saying you're not? Is this a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation? 🤣
Adding a zero skull wouldn’t disable challenges or other things only achievements not even completion on your profile. 343 has better things to do
I'm not sure what the challenges are since I haven't played them but there aren't any skulls in the entire collection that disable the completion on your profile and nor should they. That's what scoring is for. As for what 343 should be doing, I'm going to leave that in the realm of "personal opinion".
I would rather them make actual content than a skill for one or two people who have a problem with a legacy game feature.
I agree, they are currently working on an expanded halo 4 forge mode, halo 4 pc release, custom games browser and cross play. All of this coming at the release of halo 4 pc. I’d rather they spend time polishing and innovating these features that expand the player base. And fix some of the bugs instead of changing intentional game design. It would be nice for them to maybe do something like a skull that disables iron co op at a later date but for now I’d prefer they work on the h4 release and fresh content instead of a game design that nearly no one has a problem with. Will just have to see what 343 does in the future but it’s most likely they won’t add in that feature for h2.
I wouldn't say nearly no one has a problem with legendary co-op. I know several people that hate that design choice. But either way, everything is anecdotal when there hasn't been any sort of real poll or data on that.

However I would agree that bug fixing takes priority in any game development and it's actually quite pathetic that we are what.... Six years in? And this game is still plauged with bugs. My playlist for Halo 2 on Heroic has been bugged for years at 6/15 missions complete because the game immediately crashes every time I select it. So yeah, that is unacceptable for a AAA game that has been out this long. But TBH, I kinda gave up on them getting this game polished after it was leaked that the code base for it was stitched together with a thin piece of yarn. However, when they started porting the games over to PC, it kinda reinvigorated my hope that maybe we would get some of these fixes and changes since it was being worked on again.
You are a small small small minority a thread pops up once in a very long time complaining about h2 legendary goes the way you think it goes every time.
Halo 2 originally reset checkpoints on either players death because of engine constraints. H2 pushed the original box to the limits enough that there wasn't enough resources available to have the game scale enemy numbers or health up when two players played. In addition to that, Bungie didn't want players able to cheese through legendary coop like you can on HCE by killing each other between fights to regain health and ammo.

So we're stuck with the setup unless 343 takes up the (likely) monumental task of adding in enemy scaling of some kind to coop
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I see people saying "the game can't be changed because it would change the philosophy of the design" then in the same breath saying "use these skulls to customize it to your liking".

I do appreciate the suggestions given the options we currently have, but I'm asking for 343 to give us one more. There shouldn't be a single person against this unless maybe you work for 343 and don't want to dig into to the code base for Halo which is apparently a mess 😂

With all the customizing options given to us through the skulls, I think one that turns off the checkpoint restart on co-op (and for those that care, they can turn off scoring) isn't too much to ask.

And for the record, I didn't hate the campaign for Halo 2 (why would I be posting about it if I did?) I just said it was the most frustrating experience and compared to the others, it was obvious that it was rushed (although given the development story of that game I'm amazed we got something even playable, let alone good).
It was their intent to make it harder. And they accomplished that. Using zero point skulls voids score and certain achievements so if you want certain ones you have to do it legit. H2 isn’t that hard once you know the missions and where enemies spawn and how the behave. Once again deal
Are you even reading my posts? I said I don't give a damn about achievements. If people want to compare the size of their online boners, they can have at it. I just want to experience the legendary difficulty on co-op with the same rules and gameplay as all the other games in the series. That's it.
If you take away the iron effect as a whole it cheapens the achievement for completion.
In a previous post you said you were on board with another user's suggestion for a 0X skull that would disable the "iron effect" of legendary, which is also what I'm saying. Now you're saying you're not? Is this a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation? 🤣
Adding a zero skull wouldn’t disable challenges or other things only achievements not even completion on your profile. 343 has better things to do
I'm not sure what the challenges are since I haven't played them but there aren't any skulls in the entire collection that disable the completion on your profile and nor should they. That's what scoring is for. As for what 343 should be doing, I'm going to leave that in the realm of "personal opinion".
I would rather them make actual content than a skill for one or two people who have a problem with a legacy game feature.
I agree, they are currently working on an expanded halo 4 forge mode, halo 4 pc release, custom games browser and cross play. All of this coming at the release of halo 4 pc. I’d rather they spend time polishing and innovating these features that expand the player base. And fix some of the bugs instead of changing intentional game design. It would be nice for them to maybe do something like a skull that disables iron co op at a later date but for now I’d prefer they work on the h4 release and fresh content instead of a game design that nearly no one has a problem with. Will just have to see what 343 does in the future but it’s most likely they won’t add in that feature for h2.
I wouldn't say nearly no one has a problem with legendary co-op. I know several people that hate that design choice. But either way, everything is anecdotal when there hasn't been any sort of real poll or data on that.

However I would agree that bug fixing takes priority in any game development and it's actually quite pathetic that we are what.... Six years in? And this game is still plauged with bugs. My playlist for Halo 2 on Heroic has been bugged for years at 6/15 missions complete because the game immediately crashes every time I select it. So yeah, that is unacceptable for a AAA game that has been out this long. But TBH, I kinda gave up on them getting this game polished after it was leaked that the code base for it was stitched together with a thin piece of yarn. However, when they started porting the games over to PC, it kinda reinvigorated my hope that maybe we would get some of these fixes and changes since it was being worked on again.
You are a small small small minority a thread pops up once in a very long time complaining about h2 legendary goes the way you think it goes every time.
Once again, saying this is a minority is anecdotal at best and flat out wrong at worst. The reason it keeps getting brought up is because people do want this option. Unfortunately this collection was apparently a bit more than 343 could handle in the beginning and they did have stronger priorities (like bug fixing) that I don't take issue with. However, now that PC ports are being done, which add even more flexibility and customization, I think this could be another feature they add.
Halo 2 originally reset checkpoints on either players death because of engine constraints. H2 pushed the original box to the limits enough that there wasn't enough resources available to have the game scale enemy numbers or health up when two players played. In addition to that, Bungie didn't want players able to cheese through legendary coop like you can on HCE by killing each other between fights to regain health and ammo.

So we're stuck with the setup unless 343 takes up the (likely) monumental task of adding in enemy scaling of some kind to coop
That would be the best and most thorough way to do it, but just adding another skull to "flip the switch" so to speak wouldn't be all that hard I would imagine. If they were able to add the iron skull to Halo 1 plus numerous others, it would seem to follow that this would be a similar effort.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

Once again, saying this is a minority is anecdotal at best and flat out wrong at worst. The reason it keeps getting brought up is because people do want this option. Unfortunately this collection was apparently a bit more than 343 could handle in the beginning and they did have stronger priorities (like bug fixing) that I don't take issue with. However, now that PC ports are being done, which add even more flexibility and customization, I think this could be another feature they add.
Ehhh I don’t see them doing it at all but ok I guess. It’s a non issue for the majority of the playerbase

That would be the best and most thorough way to do it, but just adding another skull to "flip the switch" so to speak wouldn't be all that hard I would imagine. If they were able to add the iron skull to Halo 1 plus numerous others, it would seem to follow that this would be a similar effort.
Yea but that doesn't get rid of the entire reason it was put there in the first place, which was to prevent players killing each other to regain health and ammo in legendary coop. (Health not applicable in H2 obviously).

I guess maybe if turning it off prevented achievements I'd be ok with it. It's a pretty substantial change to the difficulty, so you definitely shouldn't get stuff for disabling the feature.

Yea but that doesn't get rid of the entire reason it was put there in the first place, which was to prevent players killing each other to regain health and ammo in legendary coop. (Health not applicable in H2 obviously).

I guess maybe if turning it off prevented achievements I'd be ok with it. It's a pretty substantial change to the difficulty, so you definitely shouldn't get stuff for disabling the feature.
Yeah that's already been discussed. If it was a quick implementation, rather than a full rebalancing, it would most likely come in the form of a 0x skull.

Although, a full rebalancing of the campaign would be amazing. I hope one day they do get to revisit it and give it the time it deserves to bring it more in line with the other games in the series. It's a shame what happened during the original development of the game and that it kinda got slapped together at the end to get it out the door.
And yet, a large portion of the fanbase says it's the best campaign in the series. And it's greatness is always acknowledged in that conversation for the other camps too.

Sometimes a major league debut is just destined to be a walk- off

Yeah that's already been discussed. If it was a quick implementation, rather than a full rebalancing, it would most likely come in the form of a 0x skull.

Although, a full rebalancing of the campaign would be amazing. I hope one day they do get to revisit it and give it the time it deserves to bring it more in line with the other games in the series. It's a shame what happened during the original development of the game and that it kinda got slapped together at the end to get it out the door.
Your idea of full re balancing or bringing it in line with other games it’s nerfing it hardcore. H3 is a joke on legendary h2 is fun because it’s hard
And yet, a large portion of the fanbase says it's the best campaign in the series. And it's greatness is always acknowledged in that conversation for the other camps too.

A large portion of the fan base recognizes that it's brutally unfair with the high tier elites having a rate of fire that is just unnatural while also being bullet sponges and that's not even to say anything about the memed to death jackal snipers. The only reason the campaign gets any praise is for continuing the story with an invasion on Earth which made it more relatable and exciting. The gameplay itself is sub par compared to the rest of the series. That being said, it's still Halo and better than most other FPS'.
Bobross343 wrote:

Your idea of full re balancing or bringing it in line with other games it’s nerfing it hardcore. H3 is a joke on legendary h2 is fun because it’s hard
Wasn't my idea, but I'd fully support it. I don't think you understand the idea of what rebalance means. Balance inherently means to even out the game so there aren't lop sided inconsistencies that the game would suffer from. Take the CQC weapons like the sub machine gun for example. It's basically a pea shooter and is barely useable on anything higher than normal difficulty. The elites have an ungodly amount of health and shouldn't be able to fire non stop with no cool down at a rate of fire that no one (player or npc) ever comes close to in the rest of the series. and I don't even need to say anything about the ridiculous jackal snipers. The game was rushed and was balanced horribly. I would love for 343 to revisit this game and give it the polish it deserves.

A large portion of the fan base recognizes that it's brutally unfair with the high tier elites having a rate of fire that is just unnatural while also being bullet sponges and that's not even to say anything about the memed to death jackal snipers. The only reason the campaign gets any praise is for continuing the story with an invasion on Earth which made it more relatable and exciting. The gameplay itself is sub par compared to the rest of the series. That being said, it's still Halo and better than most other FPS'.
Yea, if you only want to highlight the bad stuff. There's a lot of awesome stuff H2 brought too though. It had some really fun and iconic play spaces during the campaign. The Tank run over the bridge for an easy example.

H2 legendary is the exact same as HCE legendary in that you can cheese the whole thing with a plasma pistol and a br/carbine. I also think it's kinda funny people think the H2 campaign is hard when you have infinite use camo for half of it... Sure, sniper jackals make some part if it hard, but other than that it's just a grind like the rest of them.

Yea, if you only want to highlight the bad stuff. There's a lot of awesome stuff H2 brought too though. It had some really fun and iconic play spaces during the campaign. The Tank run over the bridge for an easy example.

H2 legendary is the exact same as HCE legendary in that you can cheese the whole thing with a plasma pistol and a br/carbine. I also think it's kinda funny people think the H2 campaign is hard when you have infinite use camo for half of it... Sure, sniper jackals make some part if it hard, but other than that it's just a grind like the rest of them.
I would actually consider the Noob Combo to be much more powerful in Halo 2 compared to Halo CE mainly due to ease of using the Carbine and Battle Rifle and the accuracy of the overcharged Plasma Pistol shots. This is a complete contrast to Halo CE where the Pistol has a terrible accuracy and the increased likelihood that the Elites will dodge overcharged Plasma Pistol shots.

The best summary of the Halo 2 is that the key weapons are incredibly easy to use and that the main cause for why Halo 2 is recognized to be so difficult in Legendary is due to the fact that the player has an incredibly small health pool which in turn means that the player needs to be prepared for every single encounter (especially Sniper Jackal locations).

lol to be fair the camo lasts like 5 or 8 seconds on legendary lol
At this point, it will be even less the Halo 2 people knew on Xbox and the framerate is already a change.

Wasn't my idea, but I'd fully support it. I don't think you understand the idea of what rebalance means. Balance inherently means to even out the game so there aren't lop sided inconsistencies that the game would suffer from. Take the CQC weapons like the sub machine gun for example. It's basically a pea shooter and is barely useable on anything higher than normal difficulty. The elites have an ungodly amount of health and shouldn't be able to fire non stop with no cool down at a rate of fire that no one (player or npc) ever comes close to in the rest of the series. and I don't even need to say anything about the ridiculous jackal snipers. The game was rushed and was balanced horribly. I would love for 343 to revisit this game and give it the polish it deserves.
You overestimate Elites and underestimate the SMG, Ultras take nearly 2 magazines to be defeated, reds and blues take half of the rank above. That's just Elites, Grunts, Jackals and Drones are easily defeated.

Several weapons in Halo 2 and Halo 3 can shoot faster when used in semi-auto and with the right timing, the Plasma Rifle is part of the group.
At this point, it will be even less the Halo 2 people knew on Xbox and the framerate is already a change.

You overestimate Elites and underestimate the SMG, Ultras take nearly 2 magazines to be defeated, reds and blues take half of the rank above. That's just Elites, Grunts, Jackals and Drones are easily defeated.

Several weapons in Halo 2 and Halo 3 can shoot faster when used in semi-auto and with the right timing, the Plasma Rifle is part of the group.
Lol why would anyone not use a noob combo on elites that is a one way ticket to your doom
Quote:
Lol why would anyone not use a noob combo on elites that is a one way ticket to your doom
For me, because the combo is not good against everything else since one weapon is crippling.

The utility + sniper combo is just as good and easy to use, against blues and reds it's 2-shots-kill, against Ultras it's 4 shots. That's only the sniper weapon.

I can deal with Hunters or engage whatever I want at long-range with results OR avoid the threat of a Plasma Rifle completely.

I don't have to bother looking for the crippling Plasma Pistol, even if it's easy to find.

If I don't run with the utility + sniper combo, I will most likely have another power weapon with the utiliy one, while very likely to share the effective range of the (again) crippling PP, it can kill more than a Sentinel on it's own without trouble.

I don't need the noob combo to defeat an Elite, being confident with my abilities I can use a harder or simply a different way (good thing to change the experience) to claim victory.

Only Ultras can survive a Plasma Grenade (easily finished) , that being said, the danger of getting closer is like the PP but without having to deal with weapon management. No, it's not hard to stick an Elite.
Quote:
For me, because the combo is not good against everything else since one weapon is crippling.

The utility + sniper combo is just as good and easy to use, against blues and reds it's 2-shots-kill, against Ultras it's 4 shots. That's only the sniper weapon.

I can deal with Hunters or engage whatever I want at long-range with results OR avoid the threat of a Plasma Rifle completely.

I don't have to bother looking for the crippling Plasma Pistol, even if it's easy to find.

If I don't run with the utility + sniper combo, I will most likely have another power weapon with the utiliy one, while very likely to share the effective range of the (again) crippling PP, it can kill more than a Sentinel on it's own without trouble.

I don't need the noob combo to defeat an Elite, being confident with my abilities I can use a harder or simply a different way (good thing to change the experience) to claim victory.

Only Ultras can survive a Plasma Grenade (easily finished) , that being said, the danger of getting closer is like the PP but without having to deal with weapon management. No, it's not hard to stick an Elite.
For 90% of the game noob combo is all you need. For hunters use sticky’s lol. Use snipers on things others than elites
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3