Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 2 legendary under 3 hours

OP BXR Isaac

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello everybody, so I realized halo 2 legendary doesn’t give an opportunity to despawn your partner which makes things a challenge unless your partner is highly skilled In speed running. They really need to change that. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with this achievement ?

thanks
BXR Isaac wrote:
Hello everybody, so I realized halo 2 legendary doesn’t give an opportunity to despawn your partner which makes things a challenge unless your partner is highly skilled In speed running. They really need to change that. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with this achievement ?

thanks
That's part of Halo 2 they won't debug the iron skull on co op.
Hey so I noticed you completed halo 2 under 3 hours anyway you could help me out ? xD

btw congrats on getting all the achievements
I would suggest just watching Halo Completionist on YouTube. His strategies are all very reasonable and can be done solo.
my advise, do it solo, unless your teamwork with a friend is godly, im working on it myself
BXR Isaac wrote:

thanks
That's part of Halo 2 they won't debug the iron skull on cim a
BXR Isaac wrote:

thanks
That's part of Halo 2 they won't debug the iron skull on co op.
im actually glad 343 kept everything the way they shipped
Hey XSV I’m watching halo completesionist on youtube and I noticed that he most of the levels he has boom, grunt piñata, and Sputnik. Since the video was made about 3 years ago, I want to know if 343 patched it so you couldn’t use those 3 skulls for the achievement monopolized? Btw what level are you in?
T
BXR Isaac wrote:
Hey XSV I’m watching halo completesionist on youtube and I noticed that he most of the levels he has boom, grunt piñata, and Sputnik. Since the video was made about 3 years ago, I want to know if 343 patched it so you couldn’t use those 3 skulls for the achievement monopolized? Btw what level are you in?
The only skulls that disqualify a run are the ones with zero multipliers, like Bandana.
I also suggest watching Nak3d Eli videos on this, he has methods that make speedrunning H2 much easier. For example, Halo Completionist a ghost the whole time in the tunnel segment of Outskirts, while Nak3d Eli waits for a warthog to drive up from behind him and takes it, making that segment infinitely easier, since warthogs offer much more protection from oncoming fire than ghosts do.

He also performs several semi-difficult tricks and Halo Completionist won't even attempt, such as the grenade jump that gets you on the scarab earlier in Metropolis(which is easier to do with Sputnik on, Eli never uses skulls, making things more difficult than they could be). I recommend using a combination of the two guides to get you through these, it's better to know all the tricks and the best alternatives.
I would suggest Zombie Stomp 08 videos as well. Good stuff too.

He actually took me thru all my speed runs. Good guy.
Definitely do it solo. Much easier than co-op.
ericdk wrote:
Its easier on CoOp if you have someone that knows the maps. Like Zombie Stomp 08. He took me thru it all. Glad the time and scores are DONE!
Thanks guys so i I’ve been getting great times just finish arbiter got like 6 mins. About to start oracle. Good luck to anyone who is embarking on this insane journey
Everyone is suggesting everything I would have, plus more.

I did all the halo speed runs solo, so really had to watch a lot of stuff. And imo halo 2 would be overall the most difficult to do coop wise. Certianly doable if both people are very experienced with speed running. I wasn't so just watched a lot of vidoes.

The only truly hard level imo are regret and Gravemind. Gravemind I got insanely lucky!!!!!!! Regret is just annoying getting the despawn at the beginning to work. After you get to the first gondola, regret is much easier.

Good luck my good sir!
Hey guys so I ended up completing halo 2 under 3 hours(178 minutes to be exact) but achievement won’t unlock... very weird. does anyone know why? I worked really hard on this achievement
ericdk wrote:
Its easier on CoOp if you have someone that knows the maps. Like Zombie Stomp 08. He took me thru it all. Glad the time and scores are DONE!
Does he help a lot of people?
ericdk wrote:
YOu'll have to ask him. You'll need to talk to him as there are some stipulations. Well worth it for his time and efforts. He help me and my roommate with par score and times across MCC. He knows the maps and glitches to get the maps done fast.

H2 did take us a good 8 hours to accomplish on Legendary par time and scores. It's the worst for this and it is what it is. He makes the best of it though. All I had to do was H2 Legendary Solo and I got the Monopolized achievement with Bandana, Envy and Scarab. I even used his map glitches when I could to get the maps done with. ALL DONE!

Now i'm after the LASOs
ericdk wrote:
YOu'll have to ask him. You'll need to talk to him as there are some stipulations. Well worth it for his time and efforts. He help me and my roommate with par score and times across MCC. He knows the maps and glitches to get the maps done fast.

H2 did take us a good 8 hours to accomplish on Legendary par time and scores. It's the worst for this and it is what it is. He makes the best of it though. All I had to do was H2 Legendary Solo and I got the Monopolized achievement with Bandana, Envy and Scarab. I even used his map glitches when I could to get the maps done with. ALL DONE!

Now i'm after the LASOs
Wait,you can use the scarab skull on h2 to get the achievement of doing it in under 3 hrs on legendary?
ericdk wrote:

Now i'm after the LASOs
Wait,you can use the scarab skull on h2 to get the achievement of doing it in under 3 hrs on legendary?
NOOOOOO! only for the Monopolized achievement.

Par Time and Scores you can't use any non scoring skulls, well you can use grunt bday party and IWHBYD as it just adds dialog.
ericdk wrote:

Now i'm after the LASOs
NOOOOOO! only for the Monopolized achievement.

Par Time and Scores you can't use any non scoring skulls, well you can use grunt bday party and IWHBYD as it just adds dialog.
That's what I meant,I already have all the par time achievements,but don't have monopolized or goat roped.Your saying I can use the scarab skull and it will work for the monopolized achievement?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2