1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don’t mean to judge a game so mildly but why is it that it takes a mountain of BR bullets to take down a spartan, but a mere 3-4 sets of BR bursts to an Elite? Does this game have a problem with Dino players?
Idk what your talkin about its a 4 shotss in the head for both species it must be your connection
Darkzero45 wrote:
Idk what your talkin about its a 4 shotss in the head for both species it must be your connection
Yup. Players always blame the game, not their network connection.
I'm certain it's your connection to the server that's hosting the game. Most likely you're connected to a game that's way outside your region.

If that's the case, what region/country do you live in? I'm sure that's the reason your shots are not registering.
It mostly depends on where you’re located because as an Australian themselves you get a bit of latency & a bit of lag which I barley encounter which is odd

And as above said it affects both Spartan & Space Dino? Don’t know why you said “It’s Rasict”
Everybody saying it’s my connection when I know my connection is very good and even if it WAS because of bad connection, my shots wouldn’t register if it was. Either this game can’t handle P2P very well or it’s just this game really is racist to elite players. Either way, it’s 2019 and racism and bad connection still exists... It’s sad, really.
The servers are dedicated so its not p2p
So where do you live if you live anywhere outside of us your guaranteed to get bad connection.
Darkzero45 wrote:
So where do you live if you live anywhere outside of us your guaranteed to get bad connection.
Oh, I thought it was P2P. Well I live in the US and it might actually be my connection. My room has thick walls and my WiFi is across the house.
Disregard this reply I can’t delete.
Well if you can move you xbox closer to where your router is and connect via ethernet it would be much better.
Ironically enough, my brothers Xbox is right beside the living room where the router is... his connection is worse than MINE. Also, I can’t do this. The big flat screen 72inch is the family TV (and the ONLY TV closest to the router that I can use the Xbox with) and it’s always being used.
Are you sure you're hitting them in the head? It could be that you're missing shots or hitting the body instead. Have you also tested it in a custom game with your other Xbox? I would at least test that first if you haven't before making racist claims.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Are you sure you're hitting them in the head? It could be that you're missing shots or hitting the body instead. Have you also tested it in a custom game with your other Xbox? I would at least test that first if you haven't before making racist claims.
Headshots are harder to make when the connection is bad. I also heard the BR is much better with a couple body shots and a headshot.

Also the other Xbox has a bad/worse connection as it’s an Xbox One and I have the One X (idk if it makes a difference but regardless the other has worse connection). Also I say “racist claims” because I refer to game’s giving a certain species a certain upgrade (like Halo Reach Elites have better shield recharge but lower health and Spartans have better health and worse shields). It’s meant to be an inside joke and I’m not meaning to sound like an upright doofus.
Darkzero45 wrote:
Oh, I thought it was P2P. Well I live in the US and it might actually be my connection. My room has thick walls and my WiFi is across the house.
As a general rule, WiFi is terrible for gaming, especially FPS games. You probably have big time packet loss going on, meaning some of the data from your Xbox isn’t even getting to the dedicated server, and some of the data that does get thru isn’t getting a response, hence the bad hit detection.
I don’t mean to judge a game so mildly but why is it that it takes a mountain of BR bullets to take down a spartan, but a mere 3-4 sets of BR bursts to an Elite? Does this game have a problem with Dino players?
OG Halo 2 has always had his problem from launch. The hit box on the elite head is much easier to hit than the Spartans head.

Simple as that.

edit: I'm talking strictly the original Halo 2 on the first Xbox. Idk if it's the same on MCC because I honestly haven't had the issue. But back in OG Halo 2 multiplayer days it definitely was a problem. There was a very noticeable difference between killing a Spartan and an Elite. The elites head was practically on his chest so the headshot was significantly easier to hit.

the same issue may still remain today, so if it is, it doesn't have anything to do with connection issues like everyone else is saying.
Also the other Xbox has a bad/worse connection as it’s an Xbox One and I have the One X (idk if it makes a difference but regardless the other has worse connection).
Have you tried playing a custom game on split screen with your Xbox to test your theory? That would show if Spartans and Elites take a different amount of bullets to kill.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Headshots are harder to make when the connection is bad. I also heard the BR is much better with a couple body shots and a headshot.

Also the other Xbox has a bad/worse connection as it’s an Xbox One and I have the One X (idk if it makes a difference but regardless the other has worse connection). Also I say “racist claims” because I refer to game’s giving a certain species a certain upgrade (like Halo Reach Elites have better shield recharge but lower health and Spartans have better health and worse shields). It’s meant to be an inside joke and I’m not meaning to sound like an upright doofus.
I would recommend to test a wired connection for one or two games to indicate whether the problem is the wifi connection or not.
GsG91990 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

I would recommend to test a wired connection for one or two games to indicate whether the problem is the wifi connection or not.
OPs problem is not his connection. It's that he's playing as an Elite in Classic Halo 2. The head hit box for H2C elites have always been notorious for being significantly easier to hit than spartans, and that's why OP feels his Dino is being descriminated against because players are out BRing him more easily. I clearly remember playing as a Dino for the first time and getting killed so much easier than when i played as a Spartan. Also, hit detection in every MCC game is faulty. I played a lot of snipes today and there were at least 15 times where I shot a guy square in the face or body and it did no damage. So that could also be factoring into OPs issues.
It's been pretty consistent for me. There will be times where I'll get bloodshots on either Spartans or Elites, however, but 343i already confirmed that they're investigating this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2