Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 2A- possible to add in sprinting

OP DAK DAK ATTACKS

I know they wouldn't if they could but would it be possible for them to add sprinting into halo 2 anniversary? What would your opinion be if they did add sprinting.
Why does Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer need Sprinting? It plays fine the way it is.
If you like sprint, you always have h4, and soon, reach
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 2 anniversary is supposed to be a modernization of Halo 2 Classic, where it keeps the gameplay elements as identical to the original as can be.
Surely enough it added in the AR to the pool of weapons, gungoose and hornet to the vehicles but aside from that, it stays pretty much true to the original.

Sprint is meant for the newer games, Reach and beyond because it works for those games.
No god please stop with this ”add on” thoughts!
sprint is for halo 4,5 and reach and lets hope it doesnt infect 343 to add it to h6...
Snofl wrote:
sprint is for halo 4,5 and reach and lets hope it doesnt infect 343 to add it to h6...
What about adding armor lock in H2A and Infinite ;)?
Sprinting in Halo 2 Anniversary would defeat the game's purpose. It's a remake of Halo 2 for modern times all the way down to how players move. Some liberties were taken to make the multiplayer stand out more, the most obvious of which was the addition of Forge, but one can go between H2 and H2A without having to make any jarring adjustments. In my opinion, H2A is what H4 should have been like all along.
There wouldn't be a reason to Sprint. It'd just be a pointless tacked on feature. Outside of the Big Team Maps in H2A, and even then you don't need it, you can traverse a map like Lockdown or Warlord within seconds.
Well they do have a speed boost power up on Bloodline so that's probably the closest you're going to get.
I don't think I want anything added to Halo 2. Just disable it from looking for matches if you want to sprint for a few matches.
Snofl wrote:
Aaaahhhhhh! :(
no seriously the first 3 games popularty comes from players having equal abilities and weapons at startup.
no abilities and no ”pay to win” where you spend money in micro transactions to get better weapons.
Not like Destiny where you level up and can start with better weapons/equipment
Snofl wrote:
Snofl wrote:
Aaaahhhhhh! :(
no seriously the first 3 games popularty comes from players having equal abilities and weapons at startup.
no abilities and no ”pay to win” where you spend money in micro transactions to get better weapons.
Not like Destiny where you level up and can start with better weapons/equipment
Ah destiny, the game where you need to buy 3 DLC after you purchased the original game in order to progress
It likely would change the sandbox experience too much. The maps were designed for existing movement mechanics.
I wouldn't want it to be added to matchmaking, but I'd be fine if it was added as a custom game option.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Well they do have a speed boost power up on Bloodline so that's probably the closest you're going to get.
That's also all Halo needs for getting across maps quicker on foot. We don't need sprint, speed boosts are plenty.

(Also there's one on Remnant)
Why add sprint? How would it benefit the gameplay in any way? It is fine the way it is.
KenniTDG wrote:
[...]Sprint is meant for the newer games, Reach and beyond because it works for those games.
eh... saying it works in those games is debatable. Sprint is the main thing that drove me away from Halo 5.
It honestly doesn't need it. Most anniversary maps are small enough to were they don't need a system to run faster than they already do and the maps that are larger in size provide plenty of vehicles to maneuver efficiently so I don't really see a need for sprinting.