Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Halo 3 Backward Compatibility and Halo: MCC

OP XGN Falleneagle

When Halo 3 gets backwards compatibility is anyone going to say some final words for game?
minus halo ce multi-player and halo 2 anniversary there won't be a reason to play
very sad ☹️ you (the MCC) might be missed
MCC is NOT going to be dead! Sure it might have a severe less of a population but there are still people going to play it. I will most likely still play it. So no, I don't have any last words for it.
You mean the game that is the only place to play Combat Evolved & Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE? And now with the Halo 3 Brigade playing Halo 3-proper, we can actually play CE & Halo 2 Big Team? Regardless of whether or not those who leave the MCC miss it, I think I can safely speak for those of us who will still be playing the MCC by saying all the "Vote Halo 3 or I Quit" people who won't be missed.

That said, I too will be playing Halo 3 BC. I actually like all the games. It's the picky people who annoy me. But I'm planning on using the MCC for CE/H2/H2A and using the BC versions of H3 & H4. I think if everyone does that, it won't split up the people playing Halo 3 between the BC version and MCC. It'll also make the MCC a nice place to play the OG Xbox Halos. Though, I'm not sure if everyone likes to jump around from Halo game to Halo game like I do. You know, those damn picky people I mentioned earlier. lol
You mean the game that is the only place to play Combat Evolved & Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE? And now with the Halo 3 Brigade playing Halo 3-proper, we can actually play CE & Halo 2 Big Team? Regardless of whether or not those who leave the MCC miss it, I think I can safely speak for those of us who will still be playing the MCC by saying all the "Vote Halo 3 or I Quit" people who won't be missed.

That said, I too will be playing Halo 3 BC. I actually like all the games. It's the picky people who annoy me. But I'm planning on using the MCC for CE/H2/H2A and using the BC versions of H3 & H4. I think if everyone does that, it won't split up the people playing Halo 3 between the BC version and MCC. It'll also make the MCC a nice place to play the OG Xbox Halos. Though, I'm not sure if everyone likes to jump around from Halo game to Halo game like I do. You know, those damn picky people I mentioned earlier. lol
Halo 3 is actually my least favorite halo now because of the mcc
I may stop by the MCC for some H2 but the rest of my time will be spent on og H3. Can't wait to get back to a proper H3. New Halo is irrelevant to me so I'll help keep the classic Halo alive.
Halo CE Anniversary will also be BC so the only thing MCC will have going for it is Halo 2 and 60fps Halo 3.
Halo CE ANNIVERSARY will also be BC so the only thing MCC will have going for it is Halo 2 and 60fps Halo 3.
The mcc is still the only place to play halo ce original online.
I'm still gonna play mcc. Just for CE and 2 anniversary and classic multiplayer. Also the campaigns
I only play Halo 4 multiplayer.
I'll stick around, but just purchased Halo 5.
I'll rotate between the 2 games.
Halo MCC isn't going to die...Still going to be active...Just not nearly as it used to be....You need to remember that the MCC is 1080p 60fps while the other games which are backwards compatible won't have the same resolution and fps. Also Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary is not featured as a backwards compatible game so another reason to stay...Halo CE Anniversary is....Its not even CE multiplayer....And if you're just there for the campaign, you would play on the MCC because it's resolution, fps and it's much faster to switch between graphics! The only reason to play Halo 4 backwards compatibility is because of the newer helmets, skins and other stuff that was added later on which isn't in the MCC. So the backwards compatibility really only brings 30fps 720p Halo 3 back.
The game is fine, but 343i has removed too much glitch. :(
On contrarié, would like to play CE and H2A more often. Good way of having less people voting for H3 all the time. Also, multiplayer isn't everything you can do in MCC
My problem with MCC was i bought it so i could play all the included halo games, now the Halo 3 guys will be gone i will able to have access to a variety of games instead of a game which i burned out on 6 years ago.
I think people are underestimating how hard it is going to be to go back to 30 fps.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
When Halo 3 gets backwards compatibility is anyone going to say some final words for game?
minus halo ce multi-player and halo 2 anniversary there won't be a reason to play
very sad ☹️ you (the MCC) might be missed
I have a 150hrs more on H2 and prefer its MP, and enjoy btb on halo 4 so i may as well just play the fixed MCC.. Hopefully going to be fixed this time before i buy the new xbox for it.