Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Halo 3 EXP system in MCC

OP xsv

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think adding the H3 exp system in every playlist of mcc would be a huge addition to the game, remember the struggle we went throught to get that 5 star general? oh boy, the 2ble exp weekends were the best! at the end it was more than worth it.... I remember the satisfaction it gave me looking at my service record or other players seeing how many matches ive played, ranked, social, custom
it would provide players with a strong incentive to finish matches and get that 1 exp after a win, another huge plus is that less players would quit matches and actually strive to become better at the game. Im surprised not many people talk about this, also it wouldnt require a big update, im not a game developer but i suppose a simple script would suffice...
Now to be honest, my ideal system for mcc would include the H3 exp system, the Halo reach/Halo 5 progression system with 50m or more to max out and both of them along with the 50 system would be required to reach a certain rank, for example getting a 50 gives you the General rank, 5000 exp or more and you reach General 5 star and reaching 50m credits would give you, idk "insert a cool sounding status" i bet you, players would grind their yoinks out to reach MAX rank across all 3 exp systems, i mean i would :)
Now, i understand this is maybe asking for too much, but nontheless its something i would REALLY, REALLY like to see in mcc!!
your thoughts?
agreed
i agree that social/ ranking system of HALO 3 was the best of all! thats why we keep playing the game for so longgggggg!!!! even if we couldn´t go higher than 40 or 45, we could at least go higher with social rank exp! =) it was a master piece ranking system!!!! and if we get better maybe we could go one day to 50! ahhaha i hope 343 can put this in MCC is the best systemmmm
PhOboSurF wrote:
i agree that social/ ranking system of HALO 3 was the best of all! thats why we keep playing the game for so longgggggg!!!! even if we couldn´t go higher than 40 or 45, we could at least go higher with social rank exp! =) it was a master piece ranking system!!!! and if we get better maybe we could go one day to 50! ahhaha i hope 343 can put this in MCC is the best systemmmm
exactly! its one of the reasons players keep grinding
Halo 3 has the best social ranking system. No contest here folks.
I always thought Halo 3's was horrible and it wasn't that popular either on Bungie net which is why devs feel obligated to change things up (for every single Halo that releases
:(

It was ok though and had positives to it that were better than Halo 2's. I don't have any desire to go back in time for a faulty system though.

I do like that it wasn't about farming for prize boxes and unlocks like every game; it was about trying for K/D, wins, and/or using the weapon you're best at or enjoy. If it only had the stat tracking as Halo 2; Halo 2 put more focus on headshots too which was more intriguing. H2 also let you see player's stats, unlike H3, so you could compare with someone who just kicked your -Yoink- or know your matchup before the match.

I also liked with H3's that it gave you a rank to identify you with. Whenever they start resetting ranks and stuff, it gets annoying to try and get ranked again.

So there can definitely be some improvements on things and keeping the goods, rather than using every game as some experiment as Bungie have with their Halos.
I'd really like to see this. I LOVED the exp system in H3. And if they included it in H3 in a post-launch update I don't see any reason why it's not possible on the xbox one.And there would be so many benefits.

As you said, players would quit less often to make sure they don't lose exp. As it stands, there's no loss for quitting or dodging a game. If you have nothing to lose from quitting, why wouldn't you?

Also players would have something to grind for. As others have said, no matter if you're a 1 or a 50, you can always increase your exp playlist by winning. I used to love getting high exp in my favourite playlists. Grinding adds replay value. In MCC at the minute, you just play for the sake of nostalgia since the stat tracking is rubbish (IMO) or getting a 50 (hard to do with unfair matching) and once you're bored or frustrated with either of those then you don't have anything else to play for.
I'd really like to see this. I LOVED the exp system in H3. And if they included it in H3 in a post-launch update I don't see any reason why it's not possible on the xbox one.And there would be so many benefits.

As you said, players would quit less often to make sure they don't lose exp. As it stands, there's no loss for quitting or dodging a game. If you have nothing to lose from quitting, why wouldn't you?

Also players would have something to grind for. As others have said, no matter if you're a 1 or a 50, you can always increase your exp playlist by winning. I used to love getting high exp in my favourite playlists. Grinding adds replay value. In MCC at the minute, you just play for the sake of nostalgia since the stat tracking is rubbish (IMO) or getting a 50 (hard to do with unfair matching) and once you're bored or frustrated with either of those then you don't have anything else to play for.
well said <3
In my opinion, the current ranking system in MCC (Halo 2 ranks) is the best.
Definitely
AGREED
A social ranking system in addition to ranks would be cool, it’s why there’s still so many people on Reach after all (and the armor).
I always thought Halo 3's was horrible and it wasn't that popular either on Bungie net which is why devs feel obligated to change things up (for every single Halo that releases
:(

It was ok though and had positives to it that were better than Halo 2's. I don't have any desire to go back in time for a faulty system though.

I do like that it wasn't about farming for prize boxes and unlocks like every game; it was about trying for K/D, wins, and/or using the weapon you're best at or enjoy. If it only had the stat tracking as Halo 2; Halo 2 put more focus on headshots too which was more intriguing. H2 also let you see player's stats, unlike H3, so you could compare with someone who just kicked your -Yoink- or know your matchup before the match.

I also liked with H3's that it gave you a rank to identify you with. Whenever they start resetting ranks and stuff, it gets annoying to try and get ranked again.

So there can definitely be some improvements on things and keeping the goods, rather than using every game as some experiment as Bungie have with their Halos.
What do you mean it wasn't popular? Virtually everyone online would be deterred from quitting because they would lose xp. Halo 3s stat tracking even lead to a website called halo charts which had thousands of members who paid for advanced features and to have leaderboards. The type of stat tracking and ranking from h3 and reach is a big reason why they were the two most played halo games. Of course improvements can be made but it's definitely the best starting point to go from.

Agree completely, especially in regards to quitting. I barely ever quit in H3, pretty much would only leave if I'm getting hostbooted/cheated and I've still never quit a competitive game on overwatch. I fo find myself quitting every so often on mcc though because tbh everyone is doing it and if you're losing a game and it's also not a gametype/game/map you want, why would i stay in when i only have a couple hours to play.
I AGREE!
Out of all the ranking systems, I think Halo 3's was my favorite. I actually felt a sense of accomplishment when reaching a new rank like Major or Commander (I think I ended as a Commander? Don't believe I ever hit 40 in a playlist). It also meant that social playlists played a part in your rank too in terms of earning XP. It gave purpose to every playlist in the game.

Also really enjoyed Reach's XP system but for different reasons. It was always fun striving for a certain armor piece.

In the end, I just don't think there is as much gratification from this ranking system. Personally I think it could go for a complete revamp; at this rate, however, I don't ever see that happening.
AtP Angel wrote:
What do you mean it wasn't popular? Virtually everyone online would be deterred from quitting because they would lose xp. Halo 3s stat tracking even lead to a website called halo charts which had thousands of members who paid for advanced features and to have leaderboards. The type of stat tracking and ranking from h3 and reach is a big reason why they were the two most played halo games. Of course improvements can be made but it's definitely the best starting point to go from.
That was in reference to probably one of the top 3 most complaints during Halo 3, which was between Weapon/BR spreads (missing H2 BR and Sniper), AR starts or gametype settings, and the Ranking or Matching System. I just don't think we should be looking to go back in time to a period of faulty systems. There were even cool things in Halo 2 stat tracking that were removed for Halo 3... Why? Halo Charts were cool so I agree with that, and like I mentioned, Halo 3 stats on Bungie net had many good things as well.

Regards.
I agree they should make it cross platform for all halos me and my brother always have that discussion.
it would be ideal if the current ranking system worked. 50s match against others 30+ ranks away so nobody has a real 50 but never will because there arent enough players to fill out the different ranks. It would probably just be best at this point to only take the exp system from h3 but me and a few others have asked for the h3 system over the last 4+ years so dont expect any changes.
Out of all the ranking systems, I think Halo 3's was my favorite. I actually felt a sense of accomplishment when reaching a new rank like Major or Commander (I think I ended as a Commander? Don't believe I ever hit 40 in a playlist). It also meant that social playlists played a part in your rank too in terms of earning XP. It gave purpose to every playlist in the game.

Also really enjoyed Reach's XP system but for different reasons. It was always fun striving for a certain armor piece.

In the end, I just don't think there is as much gratification from this ranking system. Personally I think it could go for a complete revamp; at this rate, however, I don't ever see that happening.
40 is the Colonel rank in H3, i got the one with the 3 gold bars called Force Colonel :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2