I know it's not necessary, but since Halo 3 and ODST are essentially running the same engine (343 are even already starting to cross the assets), It'd be cool if ODST's Firefight was integrated into Halo 3's multiplayer, allowing us to play as our multiplayer Spartan/Elite, possibly as a Firefight gametype option allowing us to toggle between Spartans and Marines. finally making ODST the Halo 3 expansion it was originally envisioned to be.
ODST firefight you play as an ODST, not a spartan. Want to play as a Spartan in firefight that is reachs firefight
I heard a rumour saying the silenced SMG and pistol will be coming to halo 3 and odst fire fight will be fully customisable
I heard a rumour saying the silenced SMG and pistol will be coming to halo 3 and odst fire fight will be fully customisable
The SMG and Socom Pistol thing is more than just a rumor, that's what I mean by they're already crossing assets between the two games.
I never thought about this. It would be amazing. I'd assume that it's incredibly complicated compared to the weapons, but if it's not...
The latest dev update confirms that ODST FF will be fully customisable. Including the BR in ODST. The games will be crossing assets to some extent.
It would be pretty cool as an option in the custom firefight menu. It's really just a visual option anyways as mechanically they play identically so it's not like there would be any balancing issues, and even if there was you've already decided against playing legacy firefight at that point anyways.
A couple of ODSTs with spartan support or a joint UNSC/elite op is a fun mental picture.
Probably a pipe dream though.