Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 3/Halo 4 Armor Customization & Anniversary

OP Jakku2020

I'm hoping that 343 lets players customize their own armor, that was a big thing in both Halo 3 and Halo 4. It was fun to change your armor and play against others and to see what armor they use.
I hope that 343 are able to do a Halo 3 and 4 Anniversary campaigns, Multiplayer and Forge. I would like to see both Halo 3 and 4 with the same graphics as Halo 2 Anniversary. It might make the experience for new MCC players better. I like having old and new graphics for the Halo games. It's like saying "This is how the game looked in my generation and here's how it looks with the younger generation."
Jakku2020 wrote:
I'm hoping that 343 lets players customize their own armor, that was a big thing in both Halo 3 and Halo 4. It was fun to change your armor and play against others and to see what armor they use.
I hope that 343 are able to do a Halo 3 and 4 Anniversary campaigns, Multiplayer and Forge. I would like to see both Halo 3 and 4 with the same graphics as Halo 2 Anniversary. It might make the experience for new MCC players better. I like having old and new graphics for the Halo games. It's like saying "This is how the game looked in my generation and here's how it looks with the younger generation."
Halo 3 is getting full customisation, and neither Halo 3 nor Halo 4 (Halo 4 especially) needs the "anniversary treatment". Both of the games graphics hold up well even today.
Jakku2020 wrote:
The options for Halo 3 are already available for PC users to a degree, though I am rather annoyed we didn't get it at the same time...feels like a pandering effort on 343's part to bring in PC user sales.

I do hope this is not the case when it comes to halo 4 and for ODST's firefight, being also able to customise the ODST you play as to a degree #SGTJohnson FTW.
Halo 3 is getting armor customization in the next update. I do hope they do it with Halo 4 as well but we will have to see. Halo 3 and 4 don't really need a remaster especially not Halo 4.
DG TKO157 wrote:
Jakku2020 wrote:
The options for Halo 3 are already available for PC users to a degree, though I am rather annoyed we didn't get it at the same time...feels like a pandering effort on 343's part to bring in PC user sales.

I do hope this is not the case when it comes to halo 4 and for ODST's firefight, being also able to customise the ODST you play as to a degree #SGTJohnson FTW.
All these features are fighting issues. People who play mcc on pc but are not on the Halo insiders program do not get to try the new features. It doesn't feel like "pandering" to me. It's a testing program that no players in the retail version can use. I do however wish they would let xbox players in the insider program try these features too. We do already have campaign on Xbox as well as multiplayer, the only thing we would be testing are the customization and challenge features. I still think it would be more beneficial to see how the new update interacts with all the mcc games though.
Of the Inside Halo I'm aware, it's them getting the test model of the update but as you said it is weird why those of us with console titles also signed up to the insider program aren't able to test the other features as each will have their own unique issues that will need to be worked out and a beta test on both fronts would prove most beneficial. Of course I do see the need to prioritise PC over the console as more features will be added with this update than to the console version but again, why not a test process for both as firefight is an entire game mode to ship to the platform and there are bound to be bugs and then there's the customisation options, will the function properly as intended or will we get a similar deal with what occasionally happened during Bungie's teenier with them resetting at times to the default mark VI.
DG TKO157 wrote:
Of the Inside Halo I'm aware, it's them getting the test model of the update but as you said it is weird why those of us with console titles also signed up to the insider program aren't able to test the other features as each will have their own unique issues that will need to be worked out and a beta test on both fronts would prove most beneficial. Of course I do see the need to prioritise PC over the console as more features will be added with this update than to the console version but again, why not a test process for both as firefight is an entire game mode to ship to the platform and there are bound to be bugs and then there's the customisation options, will the function properly as intended or will we get a similar deal with what occasionally happened during Bungie's teenier with them resetting at times to the default mark VI.
You know, I think they would be more diligent with the halo 3 flight, it seemed to be pretty good from what I've seen and it was long. But the big halo 2 glitches were because of the sigil thing on Valhalla if I remember right, which is from a completely different game. It seems to me like a console flight should be necessary so glitches that reach from one game to another can be found.
Halo 3 will have customizable armor in the next update. Why everyone thinks this was news is beyond me, but alas. Halo 4 will also have customizable armor when it arrives on PC.
Yes, having Halo 3 and Halo 4 looking more like Halo 2 Anniversary would be a plus. After all, the textures, especially in Halo 4, can look horrid when up close. The "cut" Rocket Warthog in Halo 2 Anniversary's MP shows the day and night difference. The Warthog itself being nicely high-res while the turret looks hideous in comparison.
But is it necessary? No. Halo 3 and 4 look remarkable even today, Halo 3 more so because of its presentation. Plus, both already have what CE and 2 didn't before the remasters. They already have skulls (I know H2 always had skulls), terminals and full online functionality in all areas (including Campaign, which OG H2 didn't have).
x N7 117 x wrote:
Jakku2020 wrote:
Halo 3 is getting full customisation, and neither Halo 3 nor Halo 4 (Halo 4 especially) needs the "anniversary treatment". Both of the games graphics hold up well even today.
Customization would still be nice, though (for Halo 4)
x N7 117 x wrote:
Jakku2020 wrote:
Customization would still be nice, though (for Halo 4)
I agree with you, mate. That will most likely happen when Halo 4 begins flighting for PC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.